WEN ... Massive hair loss, balding patches and painful sores
After years of seeing the celebrity endorsed WEN commercials, I finally decided to purchase the product late in 2014. When it arrived, I initially used the "Sweet Almond Mint" for a few weeks and at first my hair did seem to look and feel nice, then the results changed and it began to feel kind of heavy and seemed to have a weird coating on it. My scalp was quite itchy and there were some small painful sores around the back of my hairline, the nape of my neck and above and behind my ears, mostly on the left side of my head. I also noticed that my hair seemed to get quite tangled in the back and I was losing massive amounts of hair, both in the shower and in my hair brush.
I quit using WEN and have now spent months and months switching back and forth between my regular shampoo brands and couldn't figure out why I was losing so much hair. Unaware that it was most likely the WEN product causing the problem, I even used it again a few months back, in a desperate effort to restore my hair to its former state.
I used to have beautiful thick hair well past my waist, that I've been growing for 20+ years ... and I certainly don't anymore.
The two full view photos were taken prior to using WEN ... the close up photos show a couple of the balding areas on my scalp, although the hair loss is not limited to those areas. I've now lost over a third of my hair volume, including a large chunk of hair on the left side of my head above the ear, that came out all at once in my hair brush one day. Needless to say, I was horrified and I am now deeply concerned that I will never be able to regrow the lost hair.
More Review Details
|Value for money|
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Massive hair loss
- Deceptive marketing practices
- Reason of review:
- massive hair loss
- Product or service
- Wen Sweet Almond Mint Conditioning Cleanser
- Review category
- Cosmetics and Toiletries
You May Also Like
- "Hav used other products but wanted to try this one, I finally buy this product for almost $150 not even a week using it and the bottom left of my..."
- "I have some photos of my balding spots, my broken off hair, and the sores all overy head after using this product. As you can see from the picture..."
- "I started using wen products in 2014 and United time I wasn't really sure where my hair loss was happening I didn't know if it was stress I didn't know..."
- "I purchased several 303 and 301 Lasers of Ebay in the Past. Because of Price I ordered 2 more fro Tmart both are Defective and not working.Using the fully charged ..."
- "Hired installer "Tilestone Finishing Systems" in Kelowna, BC to install new bathroom floor in my condo. Installer did not cut new tiles properly. Tiles are not aligned with bathroom..."
- "Ordered a Money Tree with a manicured Feng Shui look, what was received was a plant that was too big for the container. It was not planned into the container...."
- "At 1210 EDT on 12/10/2016 at the Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen located at 12218 Leesburg Pike, Herndon, VA 20170; They refused to honor the advertised deal in their window '10 PCS..."
- "I found this on the internet, hoping it is easy to use. I wanted a working cheat for Cooking Fever. Then it asks for username and amount of coins and..."
- "No, she's not a thief; she is just the opposite. She's the best. Her picture was nothing like her: she is ten times more beautiful in person. Her face, her..."