WEN ... Massive hair loss, balding patches and painful sores

148 of 1511 Wen reviews

After years of seeing the celebrity endorsed WEN commercials, I finally decided to purchase the product late in 2014. When it arrived, I initially used the "Sweet Almond Mint" for a few weeks and at first my hair did seem to look and feel nice, then the results changed and it began to feel kind of heavy and seemed to have a weird coating on it. My scalp was quite itchy and there were some small painful sores around the back of my hairline, the nape of my neck and above and behind my ears, mostly on the left side of my head. I also noticed that my hair seemed to get quite tangled in the back and I was losing massive amounts of hair, both in the shower and in my hair brush.

I quit using WEN and have now spent months and months switching back and forth between my regular shampoo brands and couldn't figure out why I was losing so much hair. Unaware that it was most likely the WEN product causing the problem, I even used it again a few months back, in a desperate effort to restore my hair to its former state.

I used to have beautiful thick hair well past my waist, that I've been growing for 20+ years ... and I certainly don't anymore.

The two full view photos were taken prior to using WEN ... the close up photos show a couple of the balding areas on my scalp, although the hair loss is not limited to those areas. I've now lost over a third of my hair volume, including a large chunk of hair on the left side of my head above the ear, that came out all at once in my hair brush one day. Needless to say, I was horrified and I am now deeply concerned that I will never be able to regrow the lost hair.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Wen Sweet Almond Mint Conditioning Cleanser
Review category
Cosmetics and Toiletries
review #759045 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Wen? Submit review ›
Helpful? 3 Yes 3 1 No 1
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
148 of 1511 Wen reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.