WEN ... Massive hair loss, balding patches and painful sores
After years of seeing the celebrity endorsed WEN commercials, I finally decided to purchase the product late in 2014. When it arrived, I initially used the "Sweet Almond Mint" for a few weeks and at first my hair did seem to look and feel nice, then the results changed and it began to feel kind of heavy and seemed to have a weird coating on it. My scalp was quite itchy and there were some small painful sores around the back of my hairline, the nape of my neck and above and behind my ears, mostly on the left side of my head. I also noticed that my hair seemed to get quite tangled in the back and I was losing massive amounts of hair, both in the shower and in my hair brush.
I quit using WEN and have now spent months and months switching back and forth between my regular shampoo brands and couldn't figure out why I was losing so much hair. Unaware that it was most likely the WEN product causing the problem, I even used it again a few months back, in a desperate effort to restore my hair to its former state.
I used to have beautiful thick hair well past my waist, that I've been growing for 20+ years ... and I certainly don't anymore.
The two full view photos were taken prior to using WEN ... the close up photos show a couple of the balding areas on my scalp, although the hair loss is not limited to those areas. I've now lost over a third of my hair volume, including a large chunk of hair on the left side of my head above the ear, that came out all at once in my hair brush one day. Needless to say, I was horrified and I am now deeply concerned that I will never be able to regrow the lost hair.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Value for money|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Massive hair loss
- Deceptive marketing practices
- Reason of review:
- massive hair loss
- Product or service
- Wen Sweet Almond Mint Conditioning Cleanser
- Review category
- Cosmetics and Toiletries
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I am an 18 year old girl with long, wavy, brown hair (can be seen in the picture). My hair tends to get a little frizzy but nothing to hard..."
- " I have worn hair extensions for 5 years and wanted to try something new. I was recommended to try Hot Heads from a few Cosmetologist friends. ..."
- "I thank God I did not fall for this as I have been reading heartbreaking reviews for days about peoples hair being damaged and falling out. This is devastating!! I..."
- "BAD BREEDER EXPERIENCE 3D Retrievers - Labrador Retriever Breeder Conroe, TX Recently purchased a 3 year old Lab, who was stated to be in good health, with no known health..."
- "I spent good money on a can of planters deluxe mixed nut an when i open the can i find a lot of nesty green nuts all in this can..."
- "They are horrible. I just got a coat. was supposed to be Medium, but is size XXXS or "zero." Won't fit anyone over the age of 10. I am out..."
- "My niece ordered a Christmas centerpiece with candles for me on Dec 22/18 they were supposed to be delivered that day. I had just lost my dog to a tragic..."
- "Ordered a Money Tree with a manicured Feng Shui look, what was received was a plant that was too big for the container. It was not planned into the container...."
- "THEY SAY THEY ARE THE BIGGEST AN THE BEST COMPANY TO WORK FOR BUT THATS A LOAD OF YOU KNOW. I WAS TOLD I ASKED A CLIENT OUT ON A..."