WEN ... Massive hair loss, balding patches and painful sores
After years of seeing the celebrity endorsed WEN commercials, I finally decided to purchase the product late in 2014. When it arrived, I initially used the "Sweet Almond Mint" for a few weeks and at first my hair did seem to look and feel nice, then the results changed and it began to feel kind of heavy and seemed to have a weird coating on it. My scalp was quite itchy and there were some small painful sores around the back of my hairline, the nape of my neck and above and behind my ears, mostly on the left side of my head. I also noticed that my hair seemed to get quite tangled in the back and I was losing massive amounts of hair, both in the shower and in my hair brush.
I quit using WEN and have now spent months and months switching back and forth between my regular shampoo brands and couldn't figure out why I was losing so much hair. Unaware that it was most likely the WEN product causing the problem, I even used it again a few months back, in a desperate effort to restore my hair to its former state.
I used to have beautiful thick hair well past my waist, that I've been growing for 20+ years ... and I certainly don't anymore.
The two full view photos were taken prior to using WEN ... the close up photos show a couple of the balding areas on my scalp, although the hair loss is not limited to those areas. I've now lost over a third of my hair volume, including a large chunk of hair on the left side of my head above the ear, that came out all at once in my hair brush one day. Needless to say, I was horrified and I am now deeply concerned that I will never be able to regrow the lost hair.
More Review Details
|Value for money|
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Massive hair loss
- Deceptive marketing practices
- Reason of review:
- massive hair loss
- Product or service
- Wen Sweet Almond Mint Conditioning Cleanser
- Review category
- Cosmetics and Toiletries
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "My roommate started selling Arbonne products. I ended up at one of the parties and ordered a couple things to support the home team. She had told me..."
- "I used this on my daughter, and she lost significant amount of hair after the first time, after that, when I used it as a detangler, her hair slipped right..."
- "Below I posted a video of what wen by chaz dean did to my hair!~ It matted and fused my hair and I could not get it apart. I got..."
- "Hidious! I placed an order for my item to arrive before Christmas. Paid for priorty shipping. Was unaware this company is based in China. My order just arrived one week..."
- "We spent a lot of labor prepping the deck properly according to instructions. Spent a lot of hours applying the deck over. Actually left town to allow the decking to..."
- "Hidious Service! Paid for my order to be priorty shipped & arrive before Christmas! Just received the item a week ago. Good Luck getting a live person on the phone...."
- "Hired installer "Tilestone Finishing Systems" in Kelowna, BC to install new bathroom floor in my condo. Installer did not cut new tiles properly. Tiles are not aligned with bathroom..."
- "THEY SAY THEY ARE THE BIGGEST AN THE BEST COMPANY TO WORK FOR BUT THATS A LOAD OF YOU KNOW. I WAS TOLD I ASKED A CLIENT OUT ON A..."
- "Ordered a Money Tree with a manicured Feng Shui look, what was received was a plant that was too big for the container. It was not planned into the container...."