Wen - Review about Hair Care Product from Aurora, Colorado
Update added by user Feb 27, 2015
Wen has told me to expect to hear from their insurance company.Will post an update.
The reason I really think this product is the cause of her hair loss is from our experience the last time I used the product. I first washed her hair with her regular shampoo. To my relief, nothing usual came out, it was a pretty normal hair wash. Then, she played in the tub, put her head in the water and in the end, was a tangled mess (her hair texture had changed after this started - she tangled much more easily) I grabbed the Wen and used a liberal amount thinking if I did, it would be easy to comb out and her hair wouldn't fall out.
At this point she had lost about half her hair, but as soon as I put the Wen in, nearly the rest of her hair simply slid off her head right then and there in the tub!
It was extremely traumatic!The results are what you see in the photo.
Update added by user Feb 17, 2015
I never suspected hair loss could be caused by a shampoo/conditioner, especially a high end product purported to be so gentle and natural.My daughter is 10, and the product was given to us by my mother.
The doctors did bloodwork, and asked if she had gone through anything stressful recently. (only thing I could think of was playing Annie in theater camp. Later I suspected a vaccine) It was assumed to be alopecia. Now that I see 100s or 1000s of people have had hair loss with Wen, I think back and it all makes perfect sense.
I tried the product once as a shampoo. When her hair started falling out 3 days later, I started using it as a detangler, because I had no idea it was the cause. I thought since is was so "gentle" it was a good choice for detangling and would reduce combing friction which I thought made more hair fall out. Turned out the more conditioner I used, the more fell out.
My husband asked if it could be the (Wen) conditioner, and I thought that was silly at the time. I had no idea I was accelerating her hair loss everytime I used this product. It is so devastating.
I used this product for a mere 2 weeks.I am bringing the bottle and my daughter to immunology next week.
Original review posted by user Feb 15, 2015
I used this on my daughter, and she lost significant amount of hair after the first time, after that, when I used it as a detangler, her hair slipped right off her head.(When I used her regular shampoo, this did not happen, only when I used the Wen) In two weeks she lost 95% of her hair.
5 months later, it's just starting to come back.My daughter takes baths and also lost eyebrows and lashes.
More Review Details
|Value for money|
|Product or Service Quality|
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Product or service
- Hair Care Product
- Review category
- Cosmetics and Toiletries
You May Also Like
- "Christy McCann (a.k.a. Christy-Rocket McCann) was found guilty in a Concord (Country Costa County) court of law of fraudulently selling a 21.5 inch computer monitor, which was advertised by her..."
- " I have worn hair extensions for 5 years and wanted to try something new. I was recommended to try Hot Heads from a few Cosmetologist friends. ..."
- "I was a professional model with beautiful long natural hair. After using this product my scalp and face broke out in boils and my hair fell out in chunks. This..."
- "About a month I ordered a "fruit salad tree" from the Gardeners Collection. According to the website, these trees ship at 3-4'. Mine arrived yesterday and is less than 10"!!..."
- "Horrible customer servive at Gate 26 At DIA. Lady attendant said she was busy when we needed her help so we left. Then when she announce for everyone with carry..."
- "I purchased a 12 pack of pepsi cans today at the local King Soopers store. I opened the first can and it literrally exploded everywhere. I didnt keep the can..."
- "Even though I bought an extended warranty. Hudson's won't cover me after the leather started to peel off like the cheap leather jacket I bought at the outlet store. Never..."
- "At 1210 EDT on 12/10/2016 at the Popeyes Louisiana Kitchen located at 12218 Leesburg Pike, Herndon, VA 20170; They refused to honor the advertised deal in their window '10 PCS..."
- "AVOID POSHMARK! I bought Burberry boots on their site saying they were new with tags. I got the boots in the mail and they are scuffed, and say made in..."