Wen - Review about Hair Care Product from Aurora, Colorado
Update added by user Feb 27, 2015
Wen has told me to expect to hear from their insurance company.Will post an update.
The reason I really think this product is the cause of her hair loss is from our experience the last time I used the product. I first washed her hair with her regular shampoo. To my relief, nothing usual came out, it was a pretty normal hair wash. Then, she played in the tub, put her head in the water and in the end, was a tangled mess (her hair texture had changed after this started - she tangled much more easily) I grabbed the Wen and used a liberal amount thinking if I did, it would be easy to comb out and her hair wouldn't fall out.
At this point she had lost about half her hair, but as soon as I put the Wen in, nearly the rest of her hair simply slid off her head right then and there in the tub!
It was extremely traumatic!The results are what you see in the photo.
Update added by user Feb 17, 2015
I never suspected hair loss could be caused by a shampoo/conditioner, especially a high end product purported to be so gentle and natural.My daughter is 10, and the product was given to us by my mother.
The doctors did bloodwork, and asked if she had gone through anything stressful recently. (only thing I could think of was playing Annie in theater camp. Later I suspected a vaccine) It was assumed to be alopecia. Now that I see 100s or 1000s of people have had hair loss with Wen, I think back and it all makes perfect sense.
I tried the product once as a shampoo. When her hair started falling out 3 days later, I started using it as a detangler, because I had no idea it was the cause. I thought since is was so "gentle" it was a good choice for detangling and would reduce combing friction which I thought made more hair fall out. Turned out the more conditioner I used, the more fell out.
My husband asked if it could be the (Wen) conditioner, and I thought that was silly at the time. I had no idea I was accelerating her hair loss everytime I used this product. It is so devastating.
I used this product for a mere 2 weeks.I am bringing the bottle and my daughter to immunology next week.
Original review posted by user Feb 15, 2015
I used this on my daughter, and she lost significant amount of hair after the first time, after that, when I used it as a detangler, her hair slipped right off her head.(When I used her regular shampoo, this did not happen, only when I used the Wen) In two weeks she lost 95% of her hair.
5 months later, it's just starting to come back.My daughter takes baths and also lost eyebrows and lashes.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Value for money|
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Product or service
- Hair Care Product
- Review category
- Cosmetics and Toiletries
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I started using wen and notice my hair was falling out i have a bald spot on the top of my head..."
- "Yes ever since I got sucked in by the Wen hype I have been loosing my hair!! When I finally called to stop the auto billing / delivery I was..."
- "My 10 year old daughter, who lost her hair from Wen Cleansing Conditioner, granted permission to share this photo in hopes of preventing others from using Wen and having the..."
- "This is a response to an account manager by the name of Lucy. I am extremely dissatisfied with this entire process. I ordered a dress for a special event in..."
- "I purchased a reload it pack in the beginning of December 2016. I attempted to set up an account on their website. (This is my first ever experience with this..."
- "My husband bought me 2 dozen flowers for my birthday. $131.00 total Day two these roses began to wilt and head south. I called the company and was told they..."
- "Was researching products online while sitting down reading the outcome of my findings. The manager on duty told me that I needed to leave "her store" and do my research..."
- "As a 10+ year subscriber to myFICO Quarterly monitoring that includes daily monitoring of lots of information to detect identity theft at the earliest possible moment, I thought I was..."
- "April of 2016 my car was parked in my apartment complex.i woke up to go to work and i saw a police officer approach me with a witness saying a..."