Update added by user Mar 10, 2015
It's come to my attention that there are two very different formulations of Wen - The Chaz Dean Wen sold at ChazDean.com lists it's ingredients on the site.The Guthy-Renker formula sold at Wen.com does not list it's complete ingredient list anywhere on the site.
It is not the same product at all. They are complete frauds, and this is where our product came from. Someone noted the difference in the labels. Chaz Dean's simply says "Wen" and Guthy Renker's says "Wen by Chaz Dean".
I do not know what in the shampoo is causing so many to lose their hair, and if it is only Guthy Renker's product, but I suspect it is. Chaz Dean's 2nd ingredient is aloe vera gel, followed by glycerin. Guthy Renker's product's 2nd ingredient is glycerin followed by cetyl alcohol and cetearyl alcohol.
Here are the complete ingredient lists for each...
Chaz Dean's Wen
Water, Aloe Vera Gel, Glycerin, Chamomile Extract, Cherry Bark Extract, Calendula Extract, Rosemary Extract, Behentrimonium Chloride, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Cetyl Alcohol, Emulsifying Wax, Panthenol, Trimethylsilylamodimethicone, Hydrolyzed Whole WheatProtein, PEG-60 Almond Glycerides, Menthol, Essential Oils, CitricAcid, Methylchoroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone,Fragrance
Water,Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract
Prunus Serotina (Wild Cherry) Bark Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Panthenol, Butylene Glycol Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Polysorbate 60, PEG-60, Almond Glycerides, Amodimethicone, Citric Acid, Menthol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Fragrance, Limonene
Original review posted by user Mar 08, 2015
My 10 year old daughter, who lost her hair from Wen Cleansing Conditioner, granted permission to share this photo in hopes of preventing others from using Wen and having the same catastrophic results.Do your research and don't buy this product.
She was given it by her grandmother, who raved about it (really just parroting the infomercial.) so I didn't think to look at reviews before using. Wow, am I sorry about that! There are hundreds of hair loss reports just on pissedconsumer.com, and hundreds more around the web. There is no question her hair loss was from Wen.
First loss was noticed days after first use. Subsequent uses her hair literally just slipped right off her head. Having had the product so hyped up that is was so gentle, I still didn't suspect it until someone sent info on the class action suit. Grandma's hair also thinned severely.
5 months later, my girl has patchy growth on about 1/3 of her head.It is OK to re-share the photo.
More Review Details
What I liked
What I disliked
- Hair loss
- Reason of review:
- harm to child
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Cleansing Conditioner
- Review category
- Cosmetics and Toiletries
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I am an 18 year old girl with long, wavy, brown hair (can be seen in the picture). My hair tends to get a little frizzy but nothing to hard..."
- "My hair is falling out in clumps daily, grapefruit size, has broken off like crazy was waist length and now shoulder length too thin to comb, I bought from QVC..."
- "I was a professional model with beautiful long natural hair. After using this product my scalp and face broke out in boils and my hair fell out in chunks. This..."
- "I'd say that 25% of the time the potential customer doesn't look at the bid, BUT when that happens you get your 2 or 3 credits refunded. Overall the leads..."
- "Went to KFC on 146 in baytown Texas tonight to get the 20.00 meal deal. Got 2 pints of potatoes .. my husband put potatoes on his plate , went..."
- "My programmable Honeywell thermostat blow up & caused smoke. I was out at work & came home and saw wall had some smoke on it. The house smelled very bad...."
- "I just got off the phone with customer service, where I was apologized to for 50 minutes but not given any reasonable options. Three days ago, an attempt was made to..."
- "My other half and I had the patience to support and trust Michele's process which is so personal and hands-on that she hit our match on the first set-up. ..."
- "I love my Hyla - must get that out of the way from the beginning. After 15 years of hard use, however, with tons of dog hair and leaves..."