Update added by user Mar 10, 2015
It's come to my attention that there are two very different formulations of Wen - The Chaz Dean Wen sold at ChazDean.com lists it's ingredients on the site.The Guthy-Renker formula sold at Wen.com does not list it's complete ingredient list anywhere on the site.
It is not the same product at all. They are complete frauds, and this is where our product came from. Someone noted the difference in the labels. Chaz Dean's simply says "Wen" and Guthy Renker's says "Wen by Chaz Dean".
I do not know what in the shampoo is causing so many to lose their hair, and if it is only Guthy Renker's product, but I suspect it is. Chaz Dean's 2nd ingredient is aloe vera gel, followed by glycerin. Guthy Renker's product's 2nd ingredient is glycerin followed by cetyl alcohol and cetearyl alcohol.
Here are the complete ingredient lists for each...
Chaz Dean's Wen
Water, Aloe Vera Gel, Glycerin, Chamomile Extract, Cherry Bark Extract, Calendula Extract, Rosemary Extract, Behentrimonium Chloride, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Cetyl Alcohol, Emulsifying Wax, Panthenol, Trimethylsilylamodimethicone, Hydrolyzed Whole WheatProtein, PEG-60 Almond Glycerides, Menthol, Essential Oils, CitricAcid, Methylchoroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone,Fragrance
Water,Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract
Prunus Serotina (Wild Cherry) Bark Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Panthenol, Butylene Glycol Behentrimonium Methosulfate, Stearamidopropyl Dimethylamine, Polysorbate 60, PEG-60, Almond Glycerides, Amodimethicone, Citric Acid, Menthol, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Fragrance, Limonene
Original review posted by user Mar 08, 2015
My 10 year old daughter, who lost her hair from Wen Cleansing Conditioner, granted permission to share this photo in hopes of preventing others from using Wen and having the same catastrophic results.Do your research and don't buy this product.
She was given it by her grandmother, who raved about it (really just parroting the infomercial.) so I didn't think to look at reviews before using. Wow, am I sorry about that! There are hundreds of hair loss reports just on pissedconsumer.com, and hundreds more around the web. There is no question her hair loss was from Wen.
First loss was noticed days after first use. Subsequent uses her hair literally just slipped right off her head. Having had the product so hyped up that is was so gentle, I still didn't suspect it until someone sent info on the class action suit. Grandma's hair also thinned severely.
5 months later, my girl has patchy growth on about 1/3 of her head.It is OK to re-share the photo.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Value for money|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Hair loss
- Reason of review:
- harm to child
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Cleansing Conditioner
- Review category
- Cosmetics and Toiletries
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I do not understand people today, As a Direct Sales Rep I go out of my way to educate and help people. I also buy and support other companies as..."
- "I am an 18 year old girl with long, wavy, brown hair (can be seen in the picture). My hair tends to get a little frizzy but nothing to hard..."
- "Spent £4k and left with fine hair to the front, asked for straight hair and left with frizzy curly hair. They try to rectify by poo smelling solutions which..."
- "I love my Hyla - must get that out of the way from the beginning. After 15 years of hard use, however, with tons of dog hair and leaves..."
- "I have only lived at Sandpiper for a short period of time however my roommate has lived there a little longer and since our lease isn't up for a few..."
- "Yeah this piece of *** sold in malls for $200 is found on Amason for $25. I bought one at the mall for $175, and "was given an special discount"...."
- "Just as others have stated, I should have read reviews first. I am so disappointed and frustrated with this joke of a company. However, I have filed a complaint with..."
- "I paid 317.99$ for 2 tickets on Online City Tickets. Finally the real value for each ticket was 52.75$ per ticket. I paid more than 200$ more that it actually..."
- "I have just resolved a month-long battle to get my (partially) repaired phone returned. • I accepted Elite’s quote for repair on 03/11 and on 04/11 delivered it to the local..."