Update by user Jun 19, 2013

JR Fulton made it right and offered to cover my expenses. They are back in my good standing.

Original review posted by user Jun 11, 2013

Watersports Unlimited, Princeton TX dba Trading Post> incompetent and I had an awful experience there.dba.

www.watersportsunlimitedtx.com >> Marine service in PrincetonWhere do I begin?... How pissed do you have to be to write a review online? Pretty pissed. Lets start with the first call.

I have a boat and I call and get J R. He probably uses initials because hes had so many law suits. JR Fulton tells me there will be no money charged until they identify the problem. Im thinking ok..They have a shop in a pasture maybe they will be reasonable.

I make the commute from Frisco and when I get there, wasps are flying around a complete dump of a house. Im certain no one lives there and here comes JR, Im knee deep in this now because he's here and its really uncomfortable because its very dumpy around there. I read once he ripped a few folks off but like a fool I think oh Im sure it was a some other situation right.. Well J R writes a ticket for me and puts a 90 dollar inspection scribbles on the ticket.

I said I thought you told me repeatedly there is no charge until we know what the problem is? He said oh yea yea sure. I know what the problem is I want them to confirm with their professional mechanic... Well his henchman Chris Ellis calls a few days later..Thats at least 4-5 days for them to look at it.

He clearly has a parttime mechanic. Anyway I purchase a lower unit in advance in case I need because Im not getting any response from them on what to do or if its the lower unit. Chris tried to again sell me a 90 fee for ?? I told him J R said no money would be charged.

I came here wanting to fix whats wrong not for a cleaning I just did that. So turns out they decide its not a lower unit its cables. Chris insist 100% percent sell the lower unit you have its fixed. I sell the unit I have and pass on the svings.

So I pay them $250 a few weeks later I pick it up and water test...Sure enough same thing. NOthing has changed. I call him..he says sure bring it back...obviously the way hes talking Im beginning to wonder if they really know what their doing. He said they tested it but now when I ask he says they just ran the hose on it.

I said you didnt even put it in a tank or something?! I bring it back thinking maybe they will shoulder some responsibility. Maybe I can get lucky and its cables or something I've already paid for! Well keep reading.

Chris Ellis calls a week later.. keep in mind this has been a month now. Chris says yea you need a lower unit. I say the one I had??

I sold it after you told me too. He says not my problem, I should have paid the 90 to water test it> I said well I told you in the first place what I wanted fixed why would I want you to find other problems before we fix this problem. He quickly just says come and get it...I said after I waited patiently and paid you already your going to tell me to come get it. obviously I cant image them actually fixing right at this point so I said my pleasure.

50 mins later Im on site and cant wait to get my boat out of his pasture shop and incompetence!! Im getting the boat ready for tow and sure enough I see Chris or JR ran the back into something!!! What else! My engine hood is cracked and when I go confront Chris about it he got very guilty and aggressive.

Chris starts acting like a badass. I called the police. The funny thing was I took it directly to another mechanic and they just adjusted the cables!! Took 15 mins.

They wanted me to spend $700 on a lower unit and it didn't even need one!

These folks are total morons and I would pay them half price to even change the oil!Clearly between the three of them they were out of their league with this simple fix.

Review about: Boat And Marine Services.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / $800
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Watersports Unlimited?

Comments

Crooks all the way, Best thing to do is contact your local law

enforcement net and demand that they we right a written statement outlining at happened.

Royse City, Texas, United States #992127

PEOPLE LOOK AT THE VERY TOP THE GUY COMPLAINING SAYS THAT

JR Fulton made it right and offered to cover my expenses.They are back in my good standing.

SO THIS MATTER WAS RESOLVED, BUT LOT OF TIMES IT NEVER GIVE YOU CREDIT OR TELLS THAT YOU MAY IT RIGHT...

IN THE FIRST PLACE THE GUY COMPLAINING MADE A LOT OF THAT STUFF UP..GO BACK AND READ IT AS I GUESS THAT HE WAS UPSET BUT HE SAID SOME UNTRUE THINGS IN HIS COMPLAINT !!!

THIS HAS BEEN COMPLETELY SETTLE AND SHOULD BE TAKEN OFF!

Royse City, Texas, United States #992123

I am a friend of J. R. and Chris Ellis and this guy is not telling the Truth at all but made a lot of this up...

I am sure that someone put him up to sending this complaint in...