Update added by user Mar 14, 2016
Finally talked to a real person and got a call from the store manager who said she'd fix it.
Original review posted by user Mar 11, 2016
At the #5093 (Dallas Beckley) store I purchased two large Hershey bars at 9:16pm on 3/11/16.The price tag on the rack was $2.99/each or "Buy/More & Save" at 2/$5.
I was charged $5.98 and not $5.00. After the purchase I noticed the overcharge and asked the cashier. He had one of the floor staff accompany me to the rack and I showed him the tag. He then said that the 2/$5 price was only for loyalty card members.
Nowhere on the display rack did it say anything about loyalty cards, just "Buy More & Save". At best, the price tag was misleading. At worst it amounts to false advertising.
To make it worse, it's impossible to enter a complaint about customer service on the walgreens.com website.
It has a form for customer feedback but no email. When I tried to use the form using both IE11 and Edge) it got to the "Store Locator" button to fill in the store I'm complaining about and when I located the store and selected it, the system went to a webpage that was unreadable and I couldn't return to the feedback form. OK, I'll call the 800 number. Whoops, customer service closed at night.
OK, go to the FAQ and see that it says to click on the "Need Help/Chat with a rep" button at the top of the webpage.
Of course, that button did not exist.This is most distressing to a long-time customer.
More Review Details
|Insurance Plans Acceptance|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Refusal to honor price
- Reason of review:
- Pricing issue
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Hersheys Bar
- Review category
- Supermarkets and Malls
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I am the only person in the Druid hills rd pharmacy on Atlanta. The lady asks if I want to wait. I say yes. She says, it..."
- "I have a Kenmore water heater from Sears with a 12 year warranty. The warranty states, "Sears will 1) provide free water heater parts for those that are defective in..."
- "I would like to return some batteries at one of your retail stores and was turned away even though I had the receipt. I was past my 30 days..."
- "There is no customer care.. I love to shop on Zara, just like there cloths ... this is my first time that have to deal with their customer care... turn..."
- "Bought a brand new generator tested it and the engine ran fine unfortunately I didn't think to check power output. When the latest storms hit my area I found the..."
- "For over a month and a half at my home in Charlotte, NC , USIC has been sitting in the parking area for hours, sometimes never getting out of trucks,..."
- "I purchased $4000 worth of furniture at Rooms To Go. Two months later one of lamps tipped over and broke into many pieces. I am so surprised at how easily..."
- "We got an adv. In our mail box for this company that saying they have good deals for buying house.. we did call the company to take an appointment. ..."
- "After jumping though hoops to get the job I was ready for my first paycheck. I knew my direct deposit wouldn't be on for another week so i called..."