117 views

We booked a cabin to rent in Sevierville, TN through Jackson Mountain Homes/Vtrips in June for a 4-night stay: August 16th to 20th. We have stayed at multiple cabins through the years rented through JMH, and it was for the most part, usually, a pleasant experience; that is until this time.

The number one request per my 5 adult children was that the cabin have a pool table, and they would prefer a mountain view. It took my wife and me some time to locate a cabin in our price range, with enough beds, a mountain view, and a pool table, but we had success with The Wilderness Lodge cabin. Upon arrival to the cabin on the 16th, after a 7-hour drive, we found no pool table, only the impressions of where it once sat on the carpet. I called JMH customer service immediately.

They claimed that they were unaware of the removal of the pool table, and that the owners must have had taken it out. Regardless of the reason, there wasnt one. I informed the c.s. rep.

that it was unacceptable, and that we obviously wanted to move to another cabin that had a pool table. I was told they would call me back. While I waited for a call, we located another available cabin on JMH website that had enough beds and had a pool table that was available the days we were staying. I had to call JMH back numerous times because they werent returning my calls.

I was told that the only way we could move is if a manager approved it. So, get a managers approval then. Ah, but there was the catch; it could take a manager 5 to 7 business days to return a call. Well, we would be back home then.

I asked if our issue could be expedited. Customer service said they would try. I asked for an email address and a phone number to a manager. Couldnt give me one, and they said that they had sent an email as well as a phone message to a manager.

After waiting, hoping to hear from a manager, I called back yet again and was told by yet another c.s. rep that they may be able to get a pool table moved into the cabin the next morning when their maintenance crew arrived. So, we held out until the following morning to see if that would happen; it did not. We would have never stayed the night had that not been offered as a solution.

The only solution that was ever offered to us was a credit of a lousy $177.00 off the over $1k we paid upfront for the cabin rental. I was done dealing with such incompetence and total disregard to our issue. I told them that we were leaving, and I wanted a full refund. Additionally, the cabin had a wooded view near a busy road, not at all a mountain view.

We then had to scramble to find another cabin through another company, not to mention the cost involved. I can recommend Bear Camp Cabin Rentals. They saved our vacation! The individual I spoke with went over personally to make sure all the amenities were there for us, including a pool table.

After 30 days passed, Brian Booning, from Vtrips, the property mgmt. co. that handles JMH rentals, contacted me asking about my issue(s). I emailed him the issues, including the fact that a manager never contacted me, and why we were owed a full refund.

He ignored that email. We are now perusing this case in small claims court of Knox County, TN.

User's recommendation: Do not rent a vacation home through this horrible company.

Location: Columbus, Ohio

Comments

chat-icon

Please avoid publishing any personal information and promotional content

VTrips Reviews