VortexDirect - Vortex Direct.com *** company *** products

1 of 1 VortexDirect reviews

Update added by user Jul 28, 2013

Vortexdirect.com is based out of Florence Alabama not Stevenson Ranch California.

Original review posted by user Jul 28, 2013

I recenly purchased a boat Bimini top for my boat.The company modo is " GREAT PRODUCT GREAT PRICE SOLID WARRANTY" Well the first time on the lake the frame failed and bent.

I took it to a professional and they told me that it was a flawed design. The top was too heavy for the gauge of the tubes. I contacted Vortex Direct and they refuse to replace the damaged frame or give me a refund. They also failed to give me a reason why they would not.

Now they are completely avoiding me.I Paid $561.32 for a piece of *** thinking they were a good solid company.

I was wrong.DO NOT BUY FROM THESE GUYS !!!!!!!

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Had the same issue 3 Yes 3
1 of 1 VortexDirect reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
John Carrington

Jun 08 #1170540 Austin, Texas, United States

I did and I am happy with my cover. Price was not much more than a walmart tarp that will only last 2 months if that. My cover is thick and has a lot of straps and it has a 5 year warranty. I am very happy with mine.

1 1 Reply
Chris Karn

Sep 26, 2014 #875549 Panama City Beach, Florida, United States

Looks like you were running at a high speed. I have a sunbrella and you are not suppose to run but about 20mph. You may need to drive slower than 20 depending on the wind speed also. Sometimes I forget about the top and go to fast until I hear my top flapping in the wind. Pay attention to your speed and you should be able to preserve your top for years.

Scott Walker

Dec 03, 2013 #752351 Tucker, Georgia, United States

I have a vortex boat cover, a bimini top and winch. The only issue I had is my winch solenoid went out after 7 years. They had it in stock, the price was good and problem solved.

Ray Manning

Oct 09, 2013 #727249 Ohiopyle, Pennsylvania, United States

I have a Vortex bimini top and cover and I have been plenty satisfied. With my experience with this top and others in the past, it is how you care for them. I certainly would not recommend high speeds. The size alone will really capture some air. At least next time you will know what not to do. I personally would recommend them. Their reviews are very good. Their site is easy to find because they are a big company. You can google vortex boat covers or bimini tops or just go to http://www.vortexdirect.com

3 1 Reply
Carter Johns

Oct 07, 2013 #726434 Florida City, Florida, United States

madcuban,

No kidding! Is this your first boat? If you are
going to be flying up and down the bay you gotta
put your top down. Biminis are not for "HIGH"
speed.

Gary Trevone

Oct 04, 2013 #725220 Saint Paul, Minnesota, United States

Looks like you put a pontoon bimini on a ski boat. You know you can't speed with a bimimi right? It is a big kite at high speeds. That may be why they would not refund you. Just sayin...common sense.

2 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about VortexDirect.
Filing a new complaint about
×