I thought vonage sounded too good to be true, but decided to try it anyway. Anyhow, the service slowed my high speed internet service down so much you would have thought I had dial-up.

So in order for my high speed internet to work, I had to unplug the vonage phone service. Then most of my calls were getting dropped. Then on top of all of that, I had to order the equipment TWICE because the box kept going out.

Vonage is not as good as you think, and it's hard to understand when those in customer service can barely speak English. Buyer BE~WARE

Product or Service Mentioned: Vonage Phone Service.

Comments

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, United States #965545

I was one of the first people too have Vonage for my phone system and I thought it was great at first. But I kept losing phone calls and when people would leave messages on my voicemail get lost.

They said they were trying to fix the problem for me but it never went away. Then they said I needed new equipment that was free. But the new equipment didn't help either I just made matters worse. Then when I wanted to cancel the service all sudden the free equipment became I have to pay for.

Then all the sudden I had fees charged to me for cancellation also.

I reported Vonage to the Attorney General of Pennsylvania my credit card company for fraud. Unfortunately this took a year or more to get it resolved and Vonage kept fighting me all the way.They still send me emails and they keep sending mail to get me to come back I'll never come back to a rip off company!

keep in mind, vonage is VOIP (voice over internet protocol). so basically, your voice call is transferred as data over your internet connection.

so vonage is basically an overpriced app. you already provide and pay for your internet connection! i don't think anyone should commit to monthly reoccurring payments for this.

i use microsoft lync for voice calls.

remember this: in the future, vonage will be obsolete and will fade away into internet history. remember my words.

Vonage terminate kicked me off their service and charged me the early termination fee. what a ripped off!!

Cheap, my A$$...These bastards have been charging $51 a month! I'm going back to my *** MagicJack! =(

I can understand things happening, but this is ridiculous. I took vonage because it saved me money.

I had phone service for over a month. I wake up one day to find they gave my phone number which I've had for over 2 years to someone else.

Stay with your carrier it will be a headache with VONAGE, THEY SUCK!!!! :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

I work for Vonage in sales they are a ripoff! The objective for the company is to simply get the customer to be a slave to the company, for money.

The employee culture sucks too, as they are always pressuring us to sell! Sell! Sell!

Vonage doesn't give a *** about their employees! Stay away from this ripoff and spend your money anywhere else.

*** vonage they lie to me. They gave me a credit to called internationally and they still charged me for the *** call.

I hate you vonage dont believe in vonage they lie.

Hate you for ever vonage. :(
Yalaha, Florida, United States #135027

Out of the 1 year that I paid for Vonage, I only got 3 months of service. I had to change my credit card # because they continued to take my $$ although I had no service.

Every time I tried to cancel, they'd keep saying I had another month before my contract was over. It happened 3 times! I kept getting transferred to some Middle east non-English speaking S.O.B. who didn't know wtf he was talking about.

Tried to switch over to Bell South but Vonage wouldn't release my telephone # to Bell South. Calls were constantly dropped and the modems kept dying.

I had problems with my modem.Vonage sent me a newer version.It still didn't work?It took the usual amount of time and hassle like all the incompetent under paid American customer service workforce.However it was my computer not the modem.I've had them for over 2 years NO complaints and they've been more understanding and empathic then A.T.&T. ever was with my concerns! ;)

dic_camarillo

Vonage is a cheap alternative to regular phone service. Cheap is what you get. If quality doesn't matter, then go cheap. Just don't be surprized by the poor quality.

Sally must have ties to Vonage, because the consensus is that the service stinks. Also, using words like "***" means that Sally is trying to persuade us to believe that all of us don't know how to "set up" our router and modem. Hey Sally, how about the few of us that do know a bit about computers, yet our Vonage stinks?

I believe the frustration isn't worth saving a few pennies a day with Vonage. I'd rather pay the extra and have peace of mind. Also, I don't like the fact that Vonage is sending my personal phone calls through the internet, where anyone can listen.

I'm done with Vonage and it seems like a lot of other people are too.

Learn how to set up your router and modem. You're an ***.

Excellent company.

Excellent service. You're an ***.