RingCentral was terrible. I was looking for a VoIP provider to replace them. One of the companies I called was Vonage. I was looking for specific features. Every feature I asked for they said they had. The truth is they didn't have most of them. Of great importance to me was the desktop application. I need a control center for my communications since I'm in sales. I need something that handles not just phone but fax as well and it's nice if it does texts.I asked a lot of questions about that. The truth is it only does calls. I need to see if faxes come in, not waste my time going to a separate web address to send and see faxes. I was also looking for drag and drop so I could move the faxes to separate applications such as saving the faxes to clients' folders and into email so I can forward them on for processing. The list goes on of all the things they don't do that I asked specifically about. What it boils down to is you can't trust their sales department. Whatever you ask about, they'll say yes, Vonage does it. The truth is it's not a very robust system and in many ways it's functionality is rather limited.

Oh, another IMPORTANT thing they lie about is their 24/7 service. Technically they're telling the truth but the real story is their full tech support is only M-F 8a to 11p. Outside those hours, it's only for emergency support. I work 6, sometimes 7 days a week. If my phone service is giving me problems I won't always get the support I need. They knew what I wanted but didn't inform me of the limitations. When they know what you're asking about, full 24/7 support, but they don't tell you the whole story, I call that a lie of omission.

They also don't tell you all the costs up front such as they'll be sending you phones and charging you for both for the phone and shipping. When I finally got a quote out of them and questioned these, I already have my own phone and nixed this. The shipping was also overpriced. Sales also isn't great about returning calls.

What it comes down to is they'll tell you anything to get your business. If you're looking for VoIP, cross both Vonage and RingCentral off your list.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Comments

WHAT EVER THEY LIED ABOUT PLEASE REPORT THIS TO THE NATIONAL NEWS.. I WAS JUST ABOUT TO PURCHASE THE SERVICE.

I AM SO HAPPY I READ ALL REVIEWS. THANKS