A porting request was initiated on 01/25/18 by my new carrier xfinity mobile. I also had contacted Vonage prior to initiating the transfer of my phone number which was mine prior to Vonage.

I was told my new company would have to request the porting. Upon receiving my phone on 01/29/18 I started the activation process on line through xfinity mobile. I entered all information exactly as listed on my Vonage account by copying and pasting so I know I didn't make any mistakes. It would not process so I called xfinity mobile and they said Vonage was not releasing the number and we ended up making a conference call to Vonage.

They said there was a problem and would have to create a ticket for the porting department to resolve the issue and it would take another 2 or 3 days. They won't give you anyway to contact the porting department yourself.

When I was waiting for the activation to process it said I would receive an email in a few minutes. It appeared to me that a letter in my email address was incorrect but it was listed correctly in both my xfinity and Vonage accounts so I believe Vonage intentionally entered it wrong replacing the letter c with the letter o and hoping I wouldn't notice.

Product or Service Mentioned: Vonage Home Phone Service.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered.

Comments