I had my cellular phone (415-309-9839) with Vonage for several years with a non-contract arrangement. Mid 2015 I reported that my phone had been either lost or stolen.

Vonage assigned me a new number (414-319-0834) and closed the old number. I was told the existing account would remain the same since I would only be replacing the phone and number. Several months later I decided to close my Vonage account and subscribe to Comcast as my TV, internet, and home line are with them. I contacted Vonage and requested my cell line (415-319-03-84) be terminated.

I was told this was done but I would need to pay my charges ($22.97)

and a $70.00 early term charge. I was told this charge applies to my 415-259-4655 account. This was the first time I heard of this number. I dialed it to find it was assigned to a mail box number.

I asked Vonage to verify activity for this number and was told it showed no usage for the past 3 months and they could not look further. I then received a bill for $22.97. Several hours later I received another bill for $72.07.

I have been a loyal customer of Vonage for several years.

I am a retired disabled individual living alone.

I would have no reason to have 3 phone lines and feel I have been taken advantage of.

Product or Service Mentioned: Vonage Phone Service.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Comments