When my cell phone stopped working properly, I began looking for a new provider and stumbled on to VONAGE. At first glance, I thought they were a good deal.

However, their ad didn't say I needed to have internet access and a home phone.

Unable to install their modem or use it because I had neither internet access or a home phone and was in immediate need of a phone because my apartment lease was ending, I purchased a consumer cellular SIM card a BLU cell phone, making VONAGE's home phone service unnecessary. My bank statements showed that VONAGE was deducting $18+ each month since July 20 regardless of use or installation, a policy and practice which I find predatory and unfair.

Product or Service Mentioned: Vonage Home Phone Service.

Reason of review: Automatic billing regardless of use/installation.

Comments

Same thing happened to me except they have been billing me for 2 yrs. I just found out today, See they billed my credit card on the first when I get my money and pay all my bills including ones that come directly off my card.

When I called the first time I thought someone had stole my info or something like that. I gave all my info and their customer service rep would not give me information about my account the phone number or address even after I gave her my card number that they had been charging for 2 yrs. I asked when the service was started and how long I had been billed for their rep. acted as if she could not access that info.

So I next called my credit card company who did give me answers they told me I had been charged every month for two years. Very little at first 6 dollars then 24 dollars then 40 dollars a month. I then immediately called them back and the next rep was a little better she actually told me how this came to be, She said that i had 2 accounts one was active and one was inactive and she said also the last call on the active account was the one I made to cancel the service 2yrs ago. She apologized and said that it should not have happened.

She said that instead of cancelling the service the person who I asked to cancel the service put it on hold for six months and then they started billing me again. Without no permission I called to cancel I owed them nothing. They stole my money every month. This representative knew that this was so.

She directed me to dispute the charges with the card company and that I could get a refund for the months I was billed after I cancelled. Which I did and now have 45 days to wait and see.

vonageert.us
Matawan, New Jersey, United States #1247505

Hello,

This is the Executive Response team for Vonage. We are sorry to hear about your experience with our customer service.

We will like the opportunity to discuss this matter with you.

You can reach out to us on our Vonage community website in which one of our specialists will reach out to you directly in order to resolve your issue. Please visit our homepage: https://community.vonage.com/pages/home

Vonage ERT