Vonage is by far the worst phone service provider that I have had the displeasure of encountering. After discovering that they repeatedly called my elderly mother to switch her phone service promising a 'low' monthly rate, I attempted to sort out canceling her service.

She had called the previous day to switch her phone number to Comcast. A Vonage agent kept her on the phone for an hour until she agreed to pay the $120.00 to cancel her contract. Once with Comcast, we discovered that they did not wait for the phone number to be ported but cancelled her account. She was left being able to call out but not receive calls.

When I called Vonage to find out why her number was not yet released, I was informed that the account was cancelled so the number could no longer be transferred to Comcast. I let the agent know that I could see that her service was still active because any incoming calls immediately went to her Vonage voicemail service. The agent then reversed her first claim and said that yes, the account was still active. When I asked about the cancellation fee, she said she was not showing a charge to cancel and she would not be charged.

I asked her to clarify where the $120.00 fee came from and she could not give me a straight answer but instead offered to transfer me to billing. The billing agent took over at that point and refused to tell me anything about charges until I gave him either a PIN number, credit card info or the name of the plan. I explained that I just spent 30 minutes on the phone with another agent at VONAGE who just transferred me to him & was able to verify the account without problems. Although I appreciate their security measures, the agent would not even answer a simple general question about the fee to cancel an account.

His response was evasive and rambling. I was left at a complete loss as to how to get a straight answer from any angle, they made no attempt to clarify their contracts that they quote to customers. Do your research before you choose Vonage.

The cheap rate correlates to cheap customer service. The saying "You get what you pay for" applies to this shady company.

I didn't like: Fraudulent misrepresentation.

Comments

vonageert.us

Hello,

This is the Executive Response team for Vonage. We are sorry to hear you are having issues concerning your service.

We understand there are charges on the account that you will like to know more about. We will like the opportunity to assist you in resolving this matter. You can reach out to us on our community website in which one of our specialist will reach out to you directly in order to resolve your issue.

Please visit our homepage and click Community for further assistance.

Vonage ERT