My name is Ajay Khanduri and we bought a Voltas 2 Ton Split Air Conditioner from M/S Pankaj Electronics - Mayur Vihar, on May 26 - Sunday - 2013. Pankaj Electronics is a well known name and we are a repeat customer of theirs. I have always had a good respect for TATA name, may be its because of Mr.Ratan Tata's image, and their Voltas All Weather ACs ADSs was impressive, so i thought lets put a few thousand extra and get a quality product for my office at Mayur Vihar.
My visit to Pankaj Electronics was brief, and they recommended Voltas, which helped boost my confidence and I bought the product.Sunday our office is closed, so I got it Installed. I would like to add here that the installation service is a mess and one can't expect quality even after paying 4000/- extra for cladding, Wiring, etc. After installation, it was switched on and worked for 10 minutes. Satisfied, i shut it and closed the office.
True to my worst fears, I got a call from my office early morning that the AC was not starting up. I told them to check all things and as its a brand new unit, there is no issue with it. I reached around noon time to find my team sweating at work and the AC not working at all. Apart from Turbo Function, rest were all dead. The cooling was ZERO and a call to Pankaj Electronics got a response that a technician will come over to check. Noone arrived and when I called them again the next day, I was told that someone from Voltas - A voltas Engineer will come to look into the problem.
I was informed that this problem is due to lower voltage problem from the grid and hence nothing they can d about. I was thinking - is my office the only one getting low voltage from Grid or these people are playing *** games without offering support. Noone came to check even on Tuesday. They said someone will visit on Wednesday. After waiting all day Wednesday, we logged a complaint with Voltas Service Center at 5:30 pm, only to be told that NO Previous complaint for this matter had been issued by the dealer.
They claimed total ignorance on the matter and asked us to wait for 24 hours for service engineer. Thursday and Friday are gone and Till today - Saturday, there is no engineer here. A call to their service center just minutes back got this answer" the complaint is being looked into by higher authorities and you need to wait". This is the Pathetic State of Affairs at TATA Voltas, that a Brand new AC worth 40 Thousand does not last more than 10 Minutes and when you ask for support neither dealer, nor TATA itself give a dime to your concerns.
Paying crores for ADs creates a good image and that is where a customer gets fooled into believing that the product will meet the quality projected. TATA AC purchase was a bad decision. I am now stuck with this piece of junk in my office. My decision to choose TATA because of brand image was indeed wrong. Now I have no respect for TATA name or its products. I can't recommend TATA products to anyone now. There is ZERO service, ZERO support and you will just end up loosing money. Avoid TATA AC India
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Tata Voltas Ac
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
You May Also Like
- "The hood cracked and then literally started melting... why would a product intended for heating food melt!!!? What a scam. ..."
- "On April 23, 2015 I made the mistake of ordering a microwave oven, 5 year warranty and trim kit from AppliancesConnection.com. At the time of placing the order,..."
- "Hi I bought the car from Saxton and I have been ask if I want dvd headrest entertainment unit as is on offer normally is £2000 but we doing it..."
- "I bought a TV BOX for Miracast function, It was confirmed twice with the company, whether the products supports miracast, and was told that it supports miracast and already written..."
- "Hi team, I would like to file a complaint against Knorr Soup quality. I bought few packets of Knorr soup with Expiry date of 23 July 2014. Last week, few family..."
- "I was facing problems with my AOL email account and got on Google to get a phone number for AOL. I somehow got the number 888-684-0619 to call. I called..."
- "I love Twinkies I have from the beginning, But I just bought a box of them and they are half the size as they were. They were almost flat I..."
- "I have recently purchased 128GB "FASTER" brand memory cards, 8 in total, over 4 separate orders @ a cost of $17.99 ea. The problem is that ALL of these memory..."
- "Am i the only one complaining about fake leads. And other contractors putting up job requests to make contractors waste credits. And some are customers puting up job requests just..."