TATA Voltas AC Service Review

2 of 3 Voltas reviews

My name is Ajay Khanduri and we bought a Voltas 2 Ton Split Air Conditioner from M/S Pankaj Electronics - Mayur Vihar, on May 26 - Sunday - 2013. Pankaj Electronics is a well known name and we are a repeat customer of theirs. I have always had a good respect for TATA name, may be its because of Mr.Ratan Tata's image, and their Voltas All Weather ACs ADSs was impressive, so i thought lets put a few thousand extra and get a quality product for my office at Mayur Vihar.

My visit to Pankaj Electronics was brief, and they recommended Voltas, which helped boost my confidence and I bought the product.Sunday our office is closed, so I got it Installed. I would like to add here that the installation service is a mess and one can't expect quality even after paying 4000/- extra for cladding, Wiring, etc. After installation, it was switched on and worked for 10 minutes. Satisfied, i shut it and closed the office.

True to my worst fears, I got a call from my office early morning that the AC was not starting up. I told them to check all things and as its a brand new unit, there is no issue with it. I reached around noon time to find my team sweating at work and the AC not working at all. Apart from Turbo Function, rest were all dead. The cooling was ZERO and a call to Pankaj Electronics got a response that a technician will come over to check. Noone arrived and when I called them again the next day, I was told that someone from Voltas - A voltas Engineer will come to look into the problem.

I was informed that this problem is due to lower voltage problem from the grid and hence nothing they can d about. I was thinking - is my office the only one getting low voltage from Grid or these people are playing *** games without offering support. Noone came to check even on Tuesday. They said someone will visit on Wednesday. After waiting all day Wednesday, we logged a complaint with Voltas Service Center at 5:30 pm, only to be told that NO Previous complaint for this matter had been issued by the dealer.

They claimed total ignorance on the matter and asked us to wait for 24 hours for service engineer. Thursday and Friday are gone and Till today - Saturday, there is no engineer here. A call to their service center just minutes back got this answer" the complaint is being looked into by higher authorities and you need to wait". This is the Pathetic State of Affairs at TATA Voltas, that a Brand new AC worth 40 Thousand does not last more than 10 Minutes and when you ask for support neither dealer, nor TATA itself give a dime to your concerns.

Paying crores for ADs creates a good image and that is where a customer gets fooled into believing that the product will meet the quality projected. TATA AC purchase was a bad decision. I am now stuck with this piece of junk in my office. My decision to choose TATA because of brand image was indeed wrong. Now I have no respect for TATA name or its products. I can't recommend TATA products to anyone now. There is ZERO service, ZERO support and you will just end up loosing money. Avoid TATA AC India

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
2 of 3 Voltas reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jun 26, 2013 #669489 Delhi, Delhi, India

Dear Ajay,

We wish to inform you that the concern highlighted by you has been resolved and the same has been communicated to you. For any further clarifications, please write to us at voltasallweather@gmail.com

Regards

Jun 26, 2013 #669497 New Delhi, Delhi, India

Its funny really that after Voltas Customer Care team posted the above comment the AC started leaking water on my desk! The water literally poured on my desk and i rushed to remove the monitor and tablet sitting just close to the Voltas Cloud burst. How come your AC starts raining from its air vents? I don't know anyone who makes such crazy ***. Now what do we do? remind you again that your ac is a piece of junk and we want it serviced - Again?? 7 times in a month??

voltas ac

Jun 13, 2013 #664071 Mumbai, Maharashtra, India

Great,
Thanks for sharing such nice in formation on voltas ac with us.

Jun 11, 2013 #663105

Dear Ajay,

Sorry for the inconvenience, we have re-escalated your concern on priority. Thanks for your patience in the interim.

Jun 10, 2013 #662601 Delhi, Delhi, India

Update - June10,13 - 2:00pm - AC is dead again after working for mere 5 hours. Tell me what you think of TATA Voltas quality?? I am back in *** for support and hope to get their attention in a week or so...

For those looking to buy a TATA Voltas AC here is my advice - Don’t be fooled by their patriotic image, their products are not worth buying. My experience is a warning for others to avoid TATA Voltas. Do your research and buy an international brand that delivers quality and value for money - else just dump your monet in a TATA Voltas AC and sweat all summers waiting for service and support!

Jun 10, 2013 #662591

Dear Ajay,
Sorry for the inconvenience. It is being taken on priority. Thanks for your patience in the interim.

Jun 06, 2013 #660929

Dear Ajay,
Your complaint is already in process as our team had visited yesterday. It is being taken on priority. Thanks for your patience in the interim.

Jun 04, 2013 #659867 Delhi, Delhi, India

Dear Mr Ajay,
Sorry for the delay. Your issue has been escalated, Thanks for your patience in the interim.

Jun 03, 2013 #659390 Delhi, Delhi, India

Dear Mr. Ajay,
Sorry for the inconvenience. This is to inform you that your concern listed 1 June 2013 has been noted and our team is working on it. We shall call you within the next 24 hours to give an initial update on the status of your complaint. For any further clarifications, please write to us at voltasallweather@gmail.com and kindly mention your complaint number (227967) in your subject line.
Thanks for your co-operation.

Jun 04, 2013 #659853 New Delhi, Delhi, India

Update ------------------ 04-06-2013

After posting these reviews on Saturday, we started getting calls from Voltas Service team. Their engineer visited and fixed the problem halfway on Sunday. On Monday they came again to fill more gas as cooling was no good. Today morning - Tuesday - its back to square one. The AC is not working again.. This says much about TATA Voltas AC product, support and quality of services..

we are wasting our time and money dealing with TATA Voltas.. the only thing appropriate will be to post more reviews online to warn other customers from buying such crappy products.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Voltas.
Filing a new complaint about
×