Vivid Seats - Lack of Transparency with actual Sales Price: USD NOT SHOWN
I placed an order for 5 tickets to the ALDS: Texas Rangers at Toronto Blue Jays - Game 1 (Home Game 1) from VividSeats.com on Thursday October 1, 2015 The order summary indicated the charge would be $1387.45.However, when I check my credit card statement I was charge $1910.17.
The credit card statement showed there was a conversion from USD to CAD. A set currency is not listed on site's main page (as is given with most legitimate online stores with international sale items and visitors), the ticket prices listed during the search and was not listed during every step of the purchasing process of the tickets. There was no indication or statement notifying me that the prices listed was in USD currency.My location was set to Toronto-ON, the tickets are for a stadium in a Canadian city. Additionally the majority of the people selling and purchasing tickets for this specific game are Canadian and expect to deal in Canadian currency unless otherwise explicitly stated.
Under Toronto Blue Jays Ticket Information, there is a price range given but no mention of the cost being in USD currency. This website which is based in the United States is intentionally deceiving international customers by not disclosing all information related to costs that might be incurred with purchasing tickets. I tried contacting the company via phone to speak to a customer service representative, I was met with an automated refusal to connect me with a representative to have my questions answered and resolve this issue. Vividseats.com guarantees excellent customer support but I was denied a chance to speak with a representative and told my questions were not a priority based on the date of the event.
The site encourages individuals to call their customer support but yet does not provide help when this is done. It was a recorded message that forced anyone outside of a certain date to email instead. When I emailed customer support, Mike L. responded to my email and stated that it was disclosed at checkout that the price was in US currency.
This is a blatant lie and I have screen shots of the purchase summary which shows no currency was indicated and no warning was given that the price is subject to currency exchange. Mike L. also states customers are notified in the "Terms & Conditions" which is actually called the "Sales Terms & Conditions". It was NOT explicitly stated in the "Processing" section or "Ticket Purchase Policy" which is where consumers will look for this information.
Vivid Seats has intentionally mislead customers by making it difficult for the average international buyers and sellers to know what currency the site uses.Vivid Seats has also stated they will change or modify the "Sales Terms & Conditions" without notification meaning an international customer or even a domestic customer has no protection.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
- Seating options
What I disliked
- No transparency
- Alteration of documents
- No customer service
- Reason of review:
- Pricing issue
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Vivid Seats Toronto Blue Jays Tickets
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "They screwed up my order and then refused to refund my payment even though the show time day was in the future. They told me that their system did..."
- "Bought tix to an NFL Thursday night pre-season game. A couple of days before the game the NFL uncharacteristically changed the game to Wednesday due to anticipated bad weather in..."
- "In a rush I bought two Mariner MLB tickets for last nite's game thru SeatGeek-UberSeat. Great seats 32 rows back for about half price before I read the reviews..."
- "I was contacted by phone from an independent Century Link Representative wanting to know who my current carrier was and what I was paying for my plan. I told him..."
- "My company had signed up with Thumbtack back in May of 2016... Since then 'till now we have lead our industry with over 134 reviews, have been hired over 450..."
- "Dear Lynn, RE: VIP CORPORATE FLIGHT ATTENDANT Thank you so much for your reply.Infact, before your reply, I'll must say I've already anticipated & expected that i'm will not be..."
- " - service quality was very poor. my lawn was worse than before - bad and inconsistent customer service - no improvement after made several complaints Totally disappointed pictures 1 is the result..."
- "We rented a property through FlipKey last weekend, and when we arrived we discovered most of the amenities promised weren't there, the property was filthy, the outside was trashed, and..."
- "I have ordered a pair of shoes from the BTR on Feb 22/16. Waiting for almost three long months for the order to arrive I have decided to cancel it..."