Vivid Seats - Lack of Transparency with actual Sales Price: USD NOT SHOWN
I placed an order for 5 tickets to the ALDS: Texas Rangers at Toronto Blue Jays - Game 1 (Home Game 1) from VividSeats.com on Thursday October 1, 2015 The order summary indicated the charge would be $1387.45.However, when I check my credit card statement I was charge $1910.17.
The credit card statement showed there was a conversion from USD to CAD. A set currency is not listed on site's main page (as is given with most legitimate online stores with international sale items and visitors), the ticket prices listed during the search and was not listed during every step of the purchasing process of the tickets. There was no indication or statement notifying me that the prices listed was in USD currency.My location was set to Toronto-ON, the tickets are for a stadium in a Canadian city. Additionally the majority of the people selling and purchasing tickets for this specific game are Canadian and expect to deal in Canadian currency unless otherwise explicitly stated.
Under Toronto Blue Jays Ticket Information, there is a price range given but no mention of the cost being in USD currency. This website which is based in the United States is intentionally deceiving international customers by not disclosing all information related to costs that might be incurred with purchasing tickets. I tried contacting the company via phone to speak to a customer service representative, I was met with an automated refusal to connect me with a representative to have my questions answered and resolve this issue. Vividseats.com guarantees excellent customer support but I was denied a chance to speak with a representative and told my questions were not a priority based on the date of the event.
The site encourages individuals to call their customer support but yet does not provide help when this is done. It was a recorded message that forced anyone outside of a certain date to email instead. When I emailed customer support, Mike L. responded to my email and stated that it was disclosed at checkout that the price was in US currency.
This is a blatant lie and I have screen shots of the purchase summary which shows no currency was indicated and no warning was given that the price is subject to currency exchange. Mike L. also states customers are notified in the "Terms & Conditions" which is actually called the "Sales Terms & Conditions". It was NOT explicitly stated in the "Processing" section or "Ticket Purchase Policy" which is where consumers will look for this information.
Vivid Seats has intentionally mislead customers by making it difficult for the average international buyers and sellers to know what currency the site uses.Vivid Seats has also stated they will change or modify the "Sales Terms & Conditions" without notification meaning an international customer or even a domestic customer has no protection.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
- Seating options
What I disliked
- No transparency
- Alteration of documents
- No customer service
- Reason of review:
- Pricing issue
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Vivid Seats Toronto Blue Jays Tickets
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I have never been into sports or attend any events, nor have I ever purchaes tickets to any event before, But my husband loves sports and I decided to get..."
- "This company completely rips you off! I paid $289.77 for two tickets for the event and was sent a prepaid credit card valued at $154.56! Thats a $135.21..."
- "I just lost $59.00 because of your exchange and refund policy. I made a mistake and went to the wrong theater. By the time I looked at the tickets and..."
- "My wife’s Asus laptop screen started flickering 4 days before the warranty was up. This was the only stroke of luck in the whole scenario that follows. Checked the device..."
- "Order flowers all the time for the Villages. Wanted to try a local florist, so I called AVAS and ordered flowers over the phone. Mike suggested a vase with an..."
- "...I noticed that the leather is peeling off from lots of places.I didn't even use the bag..."
- "I purchased 4 bracelets from their online site on December 2 to give to my best friends as Christmas gifts. By December 12 I noticed my order had still not..."
- " I ordered a set of Cuff Daddy cufflinks from Amazon on August 29, 2016 for $39 along with few other things. On August 30, 2016 Amazon sent me an..."
- "NOW I read this - ***. He is driving a black jeep... said he just came from Harry Rosens as a rep for Armani. Asked directions to airport from Jarvis..."