Vivid Seats - Lack of Transparency with actual Sales Price: USD NOT SHOWN
I placed an order for 5 tickets to the ALDS: Texas Rangers at Toronto Blue Jays - Game 1 (Home Game 1) from VividSeats.com on Thursday October 1, 2015 The order summary indicated the charge would be $1387.45.However, when I check my credit card statement I was charge $1910.17.
The credit card statement showed there was a conversion from USD to CAD. A set currency is not listed on site's main page (as is given with most legitimate online stores with international sale items and visitors), the ticket prices listed during the search and was not listed during every step of the purchasing process of the tickets. There was no indication or statement notifying me that the prices listed was in USD currency.My location was set to Toronto-ON, the tickets are for a stadium in a Canadian city. Additionally the majority of the people selling and purchasing tickets for this specific game are Canadian and expect to deal in Canadian currency unless otherwise explicitly stated.
Under Toronto Blue Jays Ticket Information, there is a price range given but no mention of the cost being in USD currency. This website which is based in the United States is intentionally deceiving international customers by not disclosing all information related to costs that might be incurred with purchasing tickets. I tried contacting the company via phone to speak to a customer service representative, I was met with an automated refusal to connect me with a representative to have my questions answered and resolve this issue. Vividseats.com guarantees excellent customer support but I was denied a chance to speak with a representative and told my questions were not a priority based on the date of the event.
The site encourages individuals to call their customer support but yet does not provide help when this is done. It was a recorded message that forced anyone outside of a certain date to email instead. When I emailed customer support, Mike L. responded to my email and stated that it was disclosed at checkout that the price was in US currency.
This is a blatant lie and I have screen shots of the purchase summary which shows no currency was indicated and no warning was given that the price is subject to currency exchange. Mike L. also states customers are notified in the "Terms & Conditions" which is actually called the "Sales Terms & Conditions". It was NOT explicitly stated in the "Processing" section or "Ticket Purchase Policy" which is where consumers will look for this information.
Vivid Seats has intentionally mislead customers by making it difficult for the average international buyers and sellers to know what currency the site uses.Vivid Seats has also stated they will change or modify the "Sales Terms & Conditions" without notification meaning an international customer or even a domestic customer has no protection.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
- Seating options
What I disliked
- No transparency
- Alteration of documents
- No customer service
- Reason of review:
- Pricing issue
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Vivid Seats Toronto Blue Jays Tickets
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "I bought tickets to a Fall Out Boy concert in New Jersey, and I was super excited because they are my favorite band and helped me through so much. I..."
- "Instead of recommending a movie theater that is close to me, fandango takes for granted that I am going to see a movie at a place that is 4 hours..."
- "Very deceptive web site, I bought two tickets of $188 as shown on the site that became $845 by the time I finished. I immediately pointed out the error but..."
- "I went in to get a ombre and they created a disaster. I've never seen such a bad hair job before. I have uneven wave bleach lines close to my..."
- " - service quality was very poor. my lawn was worse than before - bad and inconsistent customer service - no improvement after made several complaints Totally disappointed pictures 1 is the result..."
- "NOW I read this - ***. He is driving a black jeep... said he just came from Harry Rosens as a rep for Armani. Asked directions to airport from Jarvis..."
- "Purchased new headlights, and they came with two o ring seals that were ripped. So I asked if I could return for a refund, and they said, "Sure, you pay..."
- "AVOID POSHMARK! I bought Burberry boots on their site saying they were new with tags. I got the boots in the mail and they are scuffed, and say made in..."
- "In 18 months time they burned up my yard the first year, I suffered the embarrassment of a dirt front yard for the whole summer 2015. They came back in..."