Virginia College Montgomery Student Hair Stylist Review

1 of 1 Virginia College Montgomery reviews

To Whom This May Concern: I, Cydnei T.Houston (313-629-5750) had the worst experience of my life today at the Montgomery,AL location.

My hair style went from okay to WORSE! I came in for a closure tighten on a sew in that's ONLY a month old! (Professionally done, it hasn't been worn long to begin with) I wanted it to be tighter, because I have an important event I'm attending tomorrow! I ended up paying for a tightening, shampoo, and deep condition.

I then was charged an extra 10 dollars for "product", due to my hair length which should have been announced before charging me and not me having to ASK what is the additional charges for. (I didn't complain nor did I have problem at the point) The REAL issue began when the student they chose to style my hair could NOT have ANY inkling on how to properly/passably style closures. The instructor never interfered at ANY point during this entire process. The style was so bad, it looked WORSE then before I arrived.

The reason I'm writing a complaint, is when I (the customer) was not satisfied rightfully so, the director V. Brown lacked professionalism in rectifying the situation. She first came off as dismissive and even attempted several times to bait an argument with me. I CONTINUED to ask for my closure to be fixed.

She tried to say I could only come back the following day to get it rewashed but they couldn't take any braids down or etc steps to fix it. My constant response was "I don't care for the process, who does it, or when but I DO expect it to be fixed"! After telling the director "I WILL NOT argue with you and I feel like your baiting an argument instead of trying to fix the issue, I simply want my closure fixed". She THEN invites me into her office, where she attempts to tell me "I need to work on my anger".

At that point, the only anger from my end was the fact that SHE was making the situation to fix my closure more worse than what it had to be! (The student was great the entire time) he just didn't know what he was doing. I never cared for a refund. I wanted a satisfactory closure done, which is the service I paid for!

After reaching the point of crying and explaining my position, she finally told me to come back at 6:15 pm the same evening to have another student fix it! She made it look better than the original person who tighten it but it's still bad! Now it's loose, pushed back EVEN FURTHER, and more hair left out. Once I was dissatisfied, I feel a proper refund would've been appropriate!

With the result of the style, it should've been a given! It was THAT bad! One lady was tempted to refund me my money, but V.Brown was deliberate on the non-refund and told her "no I couldn't get a refund". I'm left feeling even more disappointed because twice, I have had two people style my hair and NEITHER knew what they were doing enough to passably/satisfactory style it.

If Virginia College didn't have ANY students with knowledge (I understand the skill/technique is being developed) on styling closures or simply tightening closures; my service request should've been denied. Again it's to the point where my hair is left worst then what I first came and two people have "styled" it! I have pictures to show the before and after!

This was a HORRIBLE experience that could've been handle better in several ways then the way it was!I can be reached further at 313-629-5750 Cydnei T.Houston

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Product or service
Student Hair Stylist
Review category
Beauty Centers and Spas
review #1009700

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Virginia College Montgomery? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
1 of 1 Virginia College Montgomery reviews

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.