Virgin River Hotel And Casino - Virgin River Coffee Shop in Mesquite Nevada
I am an Atkins lifer. That means, I am consistently on the Atkins diet also known as a low-carbohydrate diet. Low-carb diets have steadily grown in popularity and many restaurants and fast food places have learned not only to accommodate for this diet but to offer choices specifically designed for the low-carber. But not the River Cafe Coffee Shop at the Virgin River Hotel & Casino in Mesquite, Nevada.
I stopped there early Monday morning (August,10,2015) about 12:30 am to order some hamburger patties with bacon. $46.96 for 4 cheeseburger patties with grilled onions, mushrooms and bacon. When I complained and asked why it was so expensive, the supervisor (a young woman) told me that they HAD to charge me for the entire bacon cheeseburger meal even though I would be getting no fries or hamburger buns. She also informed me that there was no button on their cash register for single cheeseburger patties. ($46.00 means each Bacon Cheeseburger meal was approximately $11.00! The River Cafe is not a steak house.) I had already promised dinner to a friend and decided to pay the outrageous price.
The bacon, mushroom cheeseburgers were very good but they still were not worth $46.00! I find it hard to believe that their cash register does not have a miscellaneous button that can be used for charging things like extra bread, single patties and side orders.
Why not try to accommodate the customer? The supervisor acted like there was NOTHING she could possibly do for me. I basically paid for something that I did not get. Next time I will get the fries and the hamburger buns and feed the birds with them. Shame on you, Virgin River! Update your cash registers, and train your employees to accommodate the customer.
That is the last time I eat at the Virgin River Cafe.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Product or service
- Virgin River Hotel River Cafe
- Review category
- Cafes, Restaurants and Bars
You May Also Like
- "We went to outback to celebrate our daughters birthday with our granddaughter who is 4 tonight. We got there at 4:45 there were 8 people in the restaurant. 10..."
- "I ordered a tuna sandwich. I got a tablespoon of tuna, some rotted lettuce, 2 paper thin see-thru tomato slices and enough bread to stuff a turkey. Rotten, wilted, old,..."
- "I have been a LOYAL customer for years. Attached are two mugs I took into my local store. One cracked and the other mug's metal logo came off...."
- "I spent good money on a can of planters deluxe mixed nut an when i open the can i find a lot of nesty green nuts all in this can..."
- "For over a month and a half at my home in Charlotte, NC , USIC has been sitting in the parking area for hours, sometimes never getting out of trucks,..."
- "I bought products from this company from a vendor they had in the mall. I spent $129 which was a 'great deal' but, after testing the products I thought why..."
- "Insight Travel Company is very self serving, putting money making priorities in favor of commissioned merchants and travel guides. Buyer Beware, their shopping tours are a sham, misrepresenting you, the..."
- " Have been using these guys exclusively for at least 15 yrs. Yesterday I went to have the oil changed in my 98 Saturn. I requested their 'basic oil..."
- "Deplorable actions by Family Court Judge Rena Hughes against a minor child A child’s nightmare; Judge Hughes alienated a daughter from her mother Clark County, Nevada in the 2014 elections former Judge..."