Virgin River Hotel And Casino - Virgin River Coffee Shop in Mesquite Nevada
I am an Atkins lifer. That means, I am consistently on the Atkins diet also known as a low-carbohydrate diet. Low-carb diets have steadily grown in popularity and many restaurants and fast food places have learned not only to accommodate for this diet but to offer choices specifically designed for the low-carber. But not the River Cafe Coffee Shop at the Virgin River Hotel & Casino in Mesquite, Nevada.
I stopped there early Monday morning (August,10,2015) about 12:30 am to order some hamburger patties with bacon. $46.96 for 4 cheeseburger patties with grilled onions, mushrooms and bacon. When I complained and asked why it was so expensive, the supervisor (a young woman) told me that they HAD to charge me for the entire bacon cheeseburger meal even though I would be getting no fries or hamburger buns. She also informed me that there was no button on their cash register for single cheeseburger patties. ($46.00 means each Bacon Cheeseburger meal was approximately $11.00! The River Cafe is not a steak house.) I had already promised dinner to a friend and decided to pay the outrageous price.
The bacon, mushroom cheeseburgers were very good but they still were not worth $46.00! I find it hard to believe that their cash register does not have a miscellaneous button that can be used for charging things like extra bread, single patties and side orders.
Why not try to accommodate the customer? The supervisor acted like there was NOTHING she could possibly do for me. I basically paid for something that I did not get. Next time I will get the fries and the hamburger buns and feed the birds with them. Shame on you, Virgin River! Update your cash registers, and train your employees to accommodate the customer.
That is the last time I eat at the Virgin River Cafe.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Product or service
- Virgin River Hotel River Cafe
- Review category
- Cafes, Restaurants and Bars
You May Also Like
- "I ordered a tuna sandwich. I got a tablespoon of tuna, some rotted lettuce, 2 paper thin see-thru tomato slices and enough bread to stuff a turkey. Rotten, wilted, old,..."
- "I went into the location of: 11275 Venice Boulevard, Los Angeles, California 90066 (310) 390-7831 and did NOT have a very good ordering or dining experience. For what..."
- "Went to chills to get take out for dinner since my wife and I like to stay in. Ordered online and got fajitas quesadilla and onion rings. Got there 10..."
- "Basically, they closed my account for a fraudulent fraud claim. When I balked, they referred me to their Fairness Department. After a series of about 2 dozen emails,..."
- "Ordered a swimsuit. Paid extra for next day delivery. Orders April 11th and still have not received my order. Called several times left a message on their strange answer machine..."
- "Good afternoon, I am writing to formally complain about the terribly outrageous service received from your disheveled location on Windmill and Pecos here in Henderson, Nevada. My fiancé had..."
- "Definite scam. High pressure sales--consultant told me to "try the peeling gel for the first week and if you do not like it, bring it back!" When I returned the..."
- "We had purchased a bookcase in August 2016 from The Mallery Hall Collection company. We really liked the design of that bookcase, and we were hoping that this would be..."
- "Hello, my name Is David Gillis and my address is 42 peninsula place Dorchester Ma 02125. I placed an order on November 16, it's seem to have disappeared after a..."