Vintage Goody Shop - Took payment, never delivered goods.
Update added by user Aug 14, 2013
Update August 14, 2013: Ashley nor the business has yet to respond to me, PayPal, or the BBB.She has until August 30th to deny my complaint (which is impossible) at which time my money will be fully refunded by PayPal (Thank GOD!) DO NOT PATRONIZE THIS BUSINESS.
She is a thief.She also is attempting to positively review herself to counter negative reviews on sites like Yelp, but its very easy to tell when its her.
Original review posted by user Jul 14, 2013
DO NOT PATRONIZE THIS BUSINESS. ASHLEY BURSE IS A THIEF. BUYER BEWARE!!!
Here is my timeline of events for my transaction with Ashley Burse of Vintage Goody Shop.
Wednesday May 8th: I contacted the Ashley after finding her furniture listed on Craigslist and perusing her website. She responds saying she has a piece available for customization. We discuss customization options, price ($450) and payment (through PayPal, all up front).
Thursday May 9: Ashley emails confirming that I do want the dresser and stating she will send a PayPal invoice. I confirm I want the dresser but that I’m having issues getting my PayPal account “verified”. I also tell her I am moving in July and would love to have the dresser delivered the first week of July so I don’t have to move it twice. Ashley confirms that July is fine.
Friday May 10: I receive and pay the PayPal invoice from Vintage Goody Shop for $450. Ashley also emails the same day to confirm that I have received and paid the invoice.
Saturday May 11: Ashley sends paint options for customization. I choose the paint color and we confirm additional customizations.
Saturday May 18: Ashely sends me an email asking if delivery on the following Monday will work.
Sunday May 19: I respond to her email and tell her we had discussed July.
Monday May 20: I send her another email asking if she got my last one saying we had decided on July. She responds the same day saying July is fine and that the dresser isn’t done yet (so why did she ask if she could deliver it on THIS day????)
Thursday June 20: I email Ashley to confirm a delivery date in the first week of July.
Thursday June 25: Ashely responds with an email that says “My husband has passed away. The business is on hold for a little while. I will be in touch. Thank you. I respond the same day with my condolences and let her know that if it would help her I will pick it up. I receive no response.
Saturday July 6: I notice that Vintage Goody Shop is posting new furniture for sale on their Facebook page. They also make a post saying “Thanks for your understanding. We’ve moved to Texas but will offer deep discounts on shipping to Colorado”. I have not received any response from Ashley and it seems strange that she would move a finished piece of furniture out of state in order to ship it back when I’ve offered to pick it up.
Monday July 8: I email Ashley for an ETA on the dresser letting her know that I’ve seen her FB post stating she’s moved to Texas. I tell her if she needs to, at this point she can refund my money through PayPal. I post on her FB page that it looks like her business is back up and running and ask her if she’s receiving emails.
Tuesday July 9: Vintage Goody Shop’s post about moving to Texas has been deleted off of FB. My FB post to her has been deleted and I have been blocked from commenting on her page. Once I notice this, I’m fairly certain I got scammed. I send her an email stating that she has 24 hrs to confirm that this is some sort of misunderstanding and to provide the furniture or a refund or I’m taking legal actions. This same night I file a dispute with Paypal to be sent for her stating that I want a refund. PayPal informs me that since this is past 45 days from the date of purchase, they can not be involved and I must deal with the seller directly.
Ashely nor the business has responded to me. I have left a voice mail with the company as well and received no contact whatsoever. She continues to post new furniture for sale on both her FB page as well as Dallas Craigslist. By all accounts she is running a legitimate business but has chosen to STEAL my money.
There is currently a post on Denver Craigslist saying to email "it" if you've lost money to Vintage Goody Shop. I did but haven't heard back. I think its actually the shop that posted it.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Review category
- Auctions and Internet Stores
You May Also Like
- "I recently placed 2 orders for Michael Kors bags through Macys.com. The first order I bought 2 bags that were on sale and they shipped me customer return bags. Customer..."
- "I just want to warn everyone who are planning to buy cheap shoes with them. I found them on Instagram and from Marikina. They are actually cheap made and bad..."
- "Hello from Amazon.com. We can certainly understand your concerns about this claim being closed. However, as stated in our previous message, regarding 1x4-1726519-22xxx69: The seller who fulfilled this order indicates no return has been..."
- "I recently had my car buffed and waxed at the wave car care of westminster, co and after I cam out with 5 gouges in my paint in numerous places..."
- "So I looked at these reviews and actually cancelled my appt with Bark Busters because of a review I read. My dog is a very agressive rescue breed so..."
- "I paid replicaswisswatches.org $150 on my visa for a Montres Allison replica tourbillion. They said it was just like the real thing and was a real tourbillion just like..."
- "I purchased a Marketside organic spring mix salad from Walmart. It was in a clear hard plastic container. It says on the package washed and ready to eat. I opened..."
- "Purchased a 6.5 ft Aspen Silver Fir Tree with Candlelight bulbs, received a tree with clear LED and one strand of Candlelight. See picture, Yellow Candlelight bulbs on bottom, clear..."
- "We had purchased a bookcase in August 2016 from The Mallery Hall Collection company. We really liked the design of that bookcase, and we were hoping that this would be..."