Vintage Goody Shop - Took payment, never delivered goods.

3 of 3 Vintage Goody Shop reviews

Update added by user Aug 14, 2013

Update August 14, 2013: Ashley nor the business has yet to respond to me, PayPal, or the BBB.She has until August 30th to deny my complaint (which is impossible) at which time my money will be fully refunded by PayPal (Thank GOD!) DO NOT PATRONIZE THIS BUSINESS.

She is a thief.She also is attempting to positively review herself to counter negative reviews on sites like Yelp, but its very easy to tell when its her.

Original review posted by user Jul 14, 2013

DO NOT PATRONIZE THIS BUSINESS. ASHLEY BURSE IS A THIEF. BUYER BEWARE!!!

Here is my timeline of events for my transaction with Ashley Burse of Vintage Goody Shop.

Wednesday May 8th: I contacted the Ashley after finding her furniture listed on Craigslist and perusing her website. She responds saying she has a piece available for customization. We discuss customization options, price ($450) and payment (through PayPal, all up front).

Thursday May 9: Ashley emails confirming that I do want the dresser and stating she will send a PayPal invoice. I confirm I want the dresser but that I’m having issues getting my PayPal account “verified”. I also tell her I am moving in July and would love to have the dresser delivered the first week of July so I don’t have to move it twice. Ashley confirms that July is fine.

Friday May 10: I receive and pay the PayPal invoice from Vintage Goody Shop for $450. Ashley also emails the same day to confirm that I have received and paid the invoice.

Saturday May 11: Ashley sends paint options for customization. I choose the paint color and we confirm additional customizations.

Saturday May 18: Ashely sends me an email asking if delivery on the following Monday will work.

Sunday May 19: I respond to her email and tell her we had discussed July.

Monday May 20: I send her another email asking if she got my last one saying we had decided on July. She responds the same day saying July is fine and that the dresser isn’t done yet (so why did she ask if she could deliver it on THIS day????)

Thursday June 20: I email Ashley to confirm a delivery date in the first week of July.

Thursday June 25: Ashely responds with an email that says “My husband has passed away. The business is on hold for a little while. I will be in touch. Thank you. I respond the same day with my condolences and let her know that if it would help her I will pick it up. I receive no response.

Saturday July 6: I notice that Vintage Goody Shop is posting new furniture for sale on their Facebook page. They also make a post saying “Thanks for your understanding. We’ve moved to Texas but will offer deep discounts on shipping to Colorado”. I have not received any response from Ashley and it seems strange that she would move a finished piece of furniture out of state in order to ship it back when I’ve offered to pick it up.

Monday July 8: I email Ashley for an ETA on the dresser letting her know that I’ve seen her FB post stating she’s moved to Texas. I tell her if she needs to, at this point she can refund my money through PayPal. I post on her FB page that it looks like her business is back up and running and ask her if she’s receiving emails.

Tuesday July 9: Vintage Goody Shop’s post about moving to Texas has been deleted off of FB. My FB post to her has been deleted and I have been blocked from commenting on her page. Once I notice this, I’m fairly certain I got scammed. I send her an email stating that she has 24 hrs to confirm that this is some sort of misunderstanding and to provide the furniture or a refund or I’m taking legal actions. This same night I file a dispute with Paypal to be sent for her stating that I want a refund. PayPal informs me that since this is past 45 days from the date of purchase, they can not be involved and I must deal with the seller directly.

Ashely nor the business has responded to me. I have left a voice mail with the company as well and received no contact whatsoever. She continues to post new furniture for sale on both her FB page as well as Dallas Craigslist. By all accounts she is running a legitimate business but has chosen to STEAL my money.

There is currently a post on Denver Craigslist saying to email "it" if you've lost money to Vintage Goody Shop. I did but haven't heard back. I think its actually the shop that posted it.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Had the same issue 8 Yes 8
3 of 3 Vintage Goody Shop reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jul 02, 2015 #1002873

Sorry Ashley. I don't care if you have 500+ happy customers if you scam even one more person out of their money. And seeing as how every few months new comments pop up on here that you have, its looking like thats how it works. Congrats to those 500 people who got what they paid for. But each person that you scam has months worth of headaches to deal with, and lost money. You're a mess.

Jul 02, 2015 #1002863

CANDY ROOM VINTAGE DALLAS, TEXAS SCAM VICTIM JULY 2016
Ashley Burse took 4 pieces of my furniture ($750 value) and I paid her $1000 to paint and restore these pieces. Have texted, called, left messages, Facebook messaged, posted a comment on her Facebook page. She did message me once late May 2015 and said my pieces would be ready in a couple of weeks. Today is July 2.
I have her address and will pursue legal litigation to prevent this from happening to others if she does not make this right.

2 0 Reply
Dubbs

Jul 02, 2015 #1002871

I'm sorry. She's a serial fraud artist. She does good for a few months and the falls off the grid (drugs? mental illness? who knows)...and happens to "fall off" with peoples money and furniture. It doesn't matter if she has 500 happy customers 6 months, if then the next 6 months she scams 5 people out of their money. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS WOMAN EVER!!!

Dec 01, 2014 #909017 Mountain View, California, United States

This is Ashley Again. Just to add to my last comment. I have sold almost 600 pieces and daily receive AMAZING reviews as well as repeat orders. I get cards and personal emails all the time regarding how pleased they are with their pieces. To those 500 plus happy customers, I appreciate you. To this customer, you have been refunded and I am so sorry once again that I had to move because of my circumstances and was unable to complete your order. Thank you! :)

0 1 Reply

Dec 01, 2014 #909010

This is Ashley. The customer that posted this is a customer that I had during a time that my life took a turn. My husband did pass during this time so I went home for awhile. After returning to work, this customer and others that did not get their pieces completed have all been FULLY refunded. I would never just accept payment without providing my service and passion. Thank you

0 1 Reply

Dec 01, 2014 #909026 Denver, Colorado, United States

Ashley, you leave out the part where you continually lied about the status of the order, before and after your husband passed. You also lied about your whereabouts when you had already moved back to Texas, BEFORE your husband had passed. You did NOT refund me, paypal did. You didn't respond to me until well after that happened. For anyone reading this, do business with this woman at your own risk. She has been arrested for fraud/larceny in the past under her maiden name. Her track record is not a good one. She does have some happy customers which makes the entire thing so bizarre. Its what kept me from accepting the fact that I'd been scammed long before I did. There are plenty of people out there who refinish furniture, so why take a risk?
Ashley, you not only accepted payment without providing your service and passion, you also left the state with it. For your sake, and your childrens sake, I hope you've gotten your life sorted out. But stop trying to paint your past in an angelic light, it didn't happen that way.

Candy Room Vintage Scam Victim

Jul 05, 2014 #836245

She now operates under the name Candy Room Vintage in the Dallas Fort Worth area.
Furniture was delivered to me by her damaged. She asked if she could come back the following week to repair and then never showed up.
If you have any information for her, address, etc, please post as I am taking this to small claims court.

VDubbs

Jul 29, 2014 #847930

I do not. If it is the same woman, her married name is/was Ashley Burse, but her husband passed away, so she may not be using that name anymore. There are mug shots online of her for being arrested for fraud. So she's been in this game a long time, and manages to stay afloat because she does actually refinish and deliver furniture. She just chooses from time to time to pocket the money without providing the goods, or to not make good on repairs. She also blatantly lied to me multiple times about the status of my furniture while it was sitting completely untouched in a storage unit in another state. Sorry this doesn't really help you much, but its good to know that you're dealing with a legit *** artist.

VDubbs

Jul 29, 2014 #847932

I should add the her maiden name was "Teague" so she may go by that now.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

×
You were reading a complaint about Vintage Goody Shop.
Filing a new complaint about
×