The Vintage Goody Shop - ***BUYER BEWARE*** Business owner will not respond!!! They have MY furniture and money!!!

2 of 3 Vintage Goody Shop reviews

***BUYER BEWARE***

On February 22, 2013, I delivered a newly-purchased ($200) dresser to this business (at their storage address in Federal Heights) for refinishing. I paid for and received a signed receipt by the male business owner for $85, which reflected a deposit of 1/2 down for their services. At that time, both husband and wife business owners reiterated free delivery of the completed piece.

Over the next month, paint colors and techniques were discussed over the phone and by email exchange with the female business owner. The original price she quoted me for her refinishing services increased, based on my paint color preference, which I agreed to. At that time, she told me the turn-around time for this project would be about 2 weeks.

For several weeks, I had not heard anything from this business, so in early May 2013, I contacted the female business owner by phone and asked how my dresser was coming along. Much to my surprise she said that they had made a move from Federal Heights to Monument, CO, and had moved my dresser to their new address! She also stated that they were incredibly busy, and my project was next in line to be completed, and that I would be hearing from them soon. At this time, she emphasized that they would deliver my finished piece free of charge, and not to worry.

On or about June 1, 2013, I visited the business's website to get the phone # to call again, and I noticed the telephone # had been changed. My heart sank .....

After I left a voice message on this new telephone #, I received a text message back from the female business owner stating: "I'm in Texas a while but my husband is at home." and that I should contact him. She left his phone #. (I still have this text message on my phone - it is the last correspondence I have had with the female business owner).

When I contacted the male business owner by phone, he stated that he and his wife had split up, and that he would be taking over my project. I was of the understanding that the female business owner was the artist/refinisher, so I did not feel comfortable with the new arrangement.

Over the next month, I attempted to contact both business owners to request the return of my dresser and deposit. I have left voice mails, emails, messages through facebook, and their business website, with no response. I even suggested that I would drive down myself to Monument to retrieve my dresser.

I know the female business owner has received my messages, because she subsequently removed my facebook comment to her, and then blocked me from further comments on her facebook page 'the Vintage Goody Shop'. I have since noticed postings from the Vintage Goody Shop on the Dallas Craigslist.

My hope is that the business owners will contact me immediately to return my property and deposit for services never rendered.

As of July 15, 2013, I have not had any response from the business owner, and have pursued legal action to recover my property and money.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
2 of 3 Vintage Goody Shop reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.