Rochester, Minnesota
10.1K views

Vine Vera, OroGold, Vivo Per Lei, HerStyler--all of these are owned by Mazal Enterprises, Eli and Daphna Weingarten (El-Darr Enterprises) in California. They hire young Israelis out of the military to pose as skin care consultants and canvas malls all over the U.S. and other countries, especially before Christmas, spending a few weeks in each, then pack up their gypsy wagon and move on to the next mall. How do you know if you’ve been scammed by this organized crime group:

**Do young, attractive, mostly dark-haired sales people with strong accents jump out at you as you innocently walk by their kiosk handing out free samples and luring your into a chair for a free facial? DO NOT MAKE EYE CONTACT! Just walk on by even if you have to be rude. These people are highly-trained in the art of predatory sales tactics.

**Do they claim to be Spanish or Italian? WRONG! They are Isreali but have made-up names like Giovanni, Raphael, Fabio, Marta, Dana to fool you.

**Do they make all sorts of incredible claims for the products like Dr. Oz endorses them, they’re from the Dead Sea and cure everything from acne to wrinkles to rosacea? LIES! They are possibly cheap drug-store creams repackaged and relabeled and put in fancy jars, marking the price up about 1000%.

**Do they say for you only they’ll give them to you for 75% of the usual cost? LIE! They make up the prices according to how gullible they think you are.

**Do they say you’ll get free refills on the products because they’re opening up a spa in your mall? LIE! Another tactic to sell the products.

**Do they convincingly tell you they want you to have the products so you can cure your rosacea or wrinkles or whatever before it’s too late? LIES. You may not even have the skin condition they claim but they manipulate using weak spot.

**Do they flatter you to no end and convincingly seem to be super friendly and caring? WRONG! That’s purely an act. After the sale they show their true colors—abrupt, rude, and dismissive, even cold. Same with Mazal people (if you ever get them to actually answer the phone or e-mail). They don’t give a rat’s *** about you after the sale!

**Do they claim to be skin care specialists or even dermatologists? LIES! They are highly-trained *** artists posing as skin care specialists but are really ex-military Israelis making more money in a month doing a stint at the malls than they make in a year back home!

**Do they conveniently never mention their strict no return policy? Perhaps fold over your receipt to cover tiny print saying no returns? Perhaps cover up the no returns sign on the kiosk with sanitizer and bag of products at time of sale? Does another salesman suddenly appear to ring up the goods and somehow knows what priced the other guy promised you? VERY DECEITFUL!

**Do they refuse any unopened product returns and give you a supposed customer service contact number? And if you contact it, do you only get a reiteration of their strict no return policy and a well-scripted speech of how Mazal Enterprises has no control of these “independent owners/operators at kiosks?” LIES! They are the ones who hire them! The director of Vine Vera is a former captain in the Israeli army! And where do you suppose Eli and Daphna Weingarten are from, or at least have strong ties to? You got it—Israel!

**Do you try to return to the kiosk you purchased products from only to discover they’re gone? Yup—they’re already moved on to the next mall for fresh victims.

**Do they quote you one price but then add on hundreds or even a thousand to that price on your receipt? SURPRISE! You’ve just been robbed. Theft by deception is real big with these thieves. They hope you don’t notice or are too embarrassed to point it out.

**Do they claim what you purchased will last two years? LIE! Lucky if it lasts two months.

Comments

purchased product couple of years back. told me price was $500, but was giving me "discount" after "discount" including his "employee discount" and got it down to $100. product worked but don't ever purchase it for more than that.

I did get pulled in at the kiosk at our mall to try the Vine Vera Shiraz, and did get sucked in to buying it and one other product (“we will add this very expensive face cream for only $50 more”). They also included a jar of exfoliating cream, and all for “only” $200.

When I gave them my credit card I told them that was about all the money I had in my account, so guess that’s why they didn’t add any more as some people have said.

Anyhow, I really do like the Shiraz and if you use the right amount it works, gets rid of the bags, but feels funny and leaves a residue if you use too much. As for the other products, I got scammed.

I was scammed too today spent $318, an girl said from she is from Israel sold me some eye wrinkles remove cream, and when I get the receipt, it’s said no refund, but When Inrefuse buy another thing, they turned be very rude to me and the scream has no use. They said the thing is called dermalactive,but I thought it’s false one. I bought it from Lynnhaven Mall,VA

My sales girl here in San Francisco went from flirty & friendly to unfriendly after I didn't purchase everything she wanted me to. She took started to slam drawers & put the cash (she was desperately trying to get me use my card) into the empty drawer then slammed it trying to be friendly as possible.

I was told the products were all natural made here in California from the skin of the grapes. Glad I wasn't dumb enough to soend more.

One of the salesmen gave me his number the second time I saw him. He didn't try to sell anything the second time, just gave the number. What is this about?

yes, i think i was scammed too ;(... after i bought the product, when my son tapped my shoulder, as if...

i was surprised i forgot about handing over my credit card... and that’s it... i was charged almost $300 in just a few minutes of talking... what i can remember is that, a guy approached me, put somethin on my hands, and asked me to smell it...

i know what’s in my mind, that im not gonna buy... cost too much...

then after that... i dont know how it happened...

So How do you get the money back? They charged my credit card $545 and $285 that I did not purchase!

It was in Miracle mile shop by the Casino! Dark skinned girl with an accents

My eyes were watering as I read this. I too was scammed by a very attractive dark haired man with an accent.

Complimenting 63 years old me to no end. I am so embarrassed and feeling slightly better only after reading these posted comments. Foolish me was scammed out of over $500 of products supposedly worth much more. He also "threw in" all these "freebies" to help me with the cost.

Yesterday I discovered that the box marked "day cream" actually had "peeling" in it. A jar he had already sold me. My intention was to go back this week though I now know he won't be there or the spa he was opening a few doors down for my free facial. He liked me so much he was going to call and remind to come in for my facial.

How could I have been so dumb???? My experience was at the Spokane Valley Mall in Spokane, WA. Why oh why didnt I look up the product online before I fell for this crap? Because I can't drive right now due to a medical condition and would have had to have my husband drive me back.

I can't let my husband know about this for he would be so mad at the good-looking ******* and the so stupid gullible me too. And I would deserve it.

Yes, that was all true ,when I was scammed at the Mall they immediately start making a receipt and then tell you , you can't get refund after the fact , they need to be banned!!!!

Yes... Me and my grandma went into the mall Hulen Mall and me and her got sucked in to the vine Vera store they showed us and persuaded us to buy the product but really when I got home and tried it on my face my face turned really red and poof I had an allergic reaction I think my face turned really red and kind of poofy

I just used it and have wound up with peeled skin that won't come off, and very raw feeling where I had put it on my face .... They can stuff this product where the sun doesn't shine !!!!! From Alberta Canada

I was scammed too what can I do with brand new products plus the ones I've used that didn't do anything to help my skin?

@Joy

Put them on Amazon they'll sell. Anybody who has the non surgical syringe, I'll buy cheap

Yes...to all of the above;.its been 2 yrs since I bought productI believe.. I look older now than I did..before I bought the product.

It was sold as "facelift" in a jar ..to plump up my skin..it appears to have done the exact opposite..

My facial skin has lost plumpness.. In Areas where I 've put product on my skin.I,m responding on this blog looking to see if anyone else , using these products has had a Negative reaction on their skin over time?.I, am wondering if there are any active lawsuits, against Vine Vera, at this time?

I was scammed at a store in Scottsdale Fashion Square Mall called Selective. They put one product on my eyes, but when I purchased the product at “special discounted” price just for me I received a totally different product that didn’t work.

No phone number on the receipt either. Totally bait and switch tactic.

I was scammed big time and I’m smarter than that! These people are well trained!

I was in Hanes mall in Winston Salem North Carolina and the sales pitch I got was like everybody else's. I was not going to pay that much money for the products when I could go to Walmart and something that does the same thing.

He also said he could do a facial on me well that's wasn't going to happen especially a man I didn't know no way . This company loves to scam people and steal their money.

@Anonymous

They tried to get me yesterday in same place. Did the whole spiel with the stuff on my arm.

Got me 2 years ago with the same exact product under a different name, smelled the same, worked the same, etc. Kept dropping the price and telling me to treat myself and that it would last 18 months. *** Finally told him it had been a long day and I had to go. Wish I would have just ignored them to begin with.

Need to stop being so polite.

Arm was no softer than the other less than an hour later. Feel sorry for anyone that falls for this crap, they are very pushy.

The sales person gave me his phone number and wanted to take me on a date lol

They are at the Albuquerque state Fair now!!! Preying on old elderly people.