Village Green On Lake St Clair - Village Green on Lake St. Clair: Not so welcoming and friendly
Ms. Conyer here and I'm a current resident.
At first I was sold on this complex by Charlie. Yet, when it was time to move in I noticed a plethora of items wrong with my unit. I left them a long list of the items in their rent deposit box because I had to go out of town and couldn't make it into the office. A week after my return the items still weren't complete, Charlie stated the note was tossed amongst some other things but not on his desk. I was dejected because regardless, of me leaving the note, I was advised that the apartment had been looked at thoroughly by Charlie and his colleague.
Well apparently they didn't walk in my unit as I had (not entire list):
Stains in the master bedroom carpet
Botched paint jobs throughout (never corrected--I just tried to place paintings, rugs, lamps by the noticeable paint issues)
Exposed wires in the foyer closet (later found out that went to the alarm system which explains why I couldn't set it initially--Corrected in September)
Disgusting bathroom tub (see photos--this was corrected in September)
Front entrance was/is never clean (see photos) I even told Charlie, I'd mop and sweep the entrance of my building because I don't want my guest seeing the entrance like that---
Also, my toilet looked completely disgusting (I'm not gonna even show those photos.) Yet, I was told by the office staff and maintenance that there was no way to get that "stain" out because it came from snaking when the prior resident lived there.
I purchased Lysol toilet bowl cleaner for lime and rust and with elbow grease I got the stain out myself! Go figure.
I was supposed to move in beginning of August 2016 but didn't want to until everything was fixed. The glazing of my bathroom tile and a new shower head was completed around the beginning of September 2016. The strong scent from that-- wasn't tolerable so I stayed away for another 3 days. With my work schedule and trying to clean the apartment myself before I moved in- I finally got settled in, in October! Progress right?
The carpet by the entrance was mediocrely cleaned about 2 weeks ago (though I mentioned that in August). The actual walk entrance however is still dirty. I did sweep and mop the entrance before but I said, I wouldn't continue to, because the only folks that were really thankful were my neighbors, if the staff doesn't care why should I? I just warn my guest, not to "talk about me and the entrance to my complex" when they visit.
Wait there's more:
Apparently the office staff decided to prank me by calling me and advising that I was awarded "Resident of the Month" on October 18th. They stated that it was a new thing they're doing and that they wanted to send a gift to my job. I was actually off work due to health reasons, but didn't want to get too personal so I said I should be back 10/24. After I went to my doctor I found out that I wouldn't be going back until November. I didn't want the staff to waste money on shipping so I called Charlie on 10/19 and told him I'd just come to the office to get it. He stated that he had to talk to his colleagues and he'd get back to me (no follow up). I later began to think the whole thing was strange because I hadn't been a resident very long. Fast forward to me being hospitalized for a little over a week, I get a call from Andrew because I was a day or 2 late on the rent. Completely my fault because I was in the hospital no issues with that, however I asked him whatever happened to the gift? Though we were talking just fine a moment prior about me bringing the rent in, Andrew begins to say that my phone is breaking up and he hung up on me(he never called me back). When I took my rent in I spoke to Jenna (who was the person that called me and stated I won this gift) she stated that she didn't have anything and that I must have spoken to Andrew or Charlie---Really? Like I can't decipher between speaking to a man or woman? Lol
At any rate, I'm just going to stay to myself as I've been doing but I'm looking for another complex now. Only because that prank was bad timing as this year was crappy for me, I lost a friend to domestic violence in April & 3 days before the prank, 10/15 I buried my 15 year old niece due to a fatal car crash. Not to mention my health issues. So honestly the "Reside of the Month" award was going to put a smile on my face.
I'll never know why I was chosen for the prank as I've been very nice to the staff and the only person, I've actually interacted with has been Charlie (who seemed really nice--so I'll never know why he was in on the prank). I've never even seen Andrew and the young lady I've seen 2 times.
But oh well.
More Review Details
|Value for money|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Let the company propose a solution
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I rented a car from Sat 2/14 - Sun 2/15. the total charge was to be 117.50 I asked for an extension from 2/15 - 2/16 the charge came out..."
- "I wish I found this website before i rented from cruise America in Milton, Florida. When I picked up the motor home they never said there would be additional charges..."
- "I have never in my life dealt with such an UNPROFESSIONAL company that had NO REGARD for the Safety of their Customers. I rented a Cruise America Truck for 21..."
- "There is so many things wrong with this fifth wheel bought New 2013, Heartland Silverado 37QB. just to name a few window's leak framework is terrible screws were not..."
- "BEWARE!! DO NOT BUY THEIR GARBAGE!! This is is horrible fake, lying, sham of a company!! They steal copyrighted photos of other designer's clothing that is not theirs..."
- "This was by far the worst experience I've ever had with a florist. I placed an order online based on a picture & description, I called the florist to..."
- "I have recently purchased 128GB "FASTER" brand memory cards, 8 in total, over 4 separate orders @ a cost of $17.99 ea. The problem is that ALL of these memory..."
- "Well i find out today, 3 of the 4 refunds were made, but nit quite sure when theyll reach my bank!! As far as me NOT GETTING my mdse., i..."
- "We have had several epic fails with otterbox but we got the new samsung galaxy s7 for my husband on black friday. They didnt have any lifeproof cases in so..."