Featured Not resolved

Faster than DSL, unlimited service, that is what they claim. I asked about interference from storms, they said it didn't.

They tried to sell me a larger package to improve pixels. I told them I didn't need more pixels as I didn't have an HD TV and my site isn't all that great anymore. They installed and the first day was okay. Second and every day after was a different story.

Every day between 2 and 4 it went down and I had to hard boot the modem. I called the installer like he asked and he told me what to do. He said they were having satellite issues. I couldn't post anything to social media with the share button, I had to copy and paste right from the beginning.

Less than a week later, I started buffering on my computer. I called and they said I had used up my limit, but I was told it was unlimited, that was one of the main reasons I switched. They told me they wouldn't cut me off or charge me more, but buffering all the time is not worth the cost of the service. I told them to cancel and this was less than 2 weeks of service, but today I got a bill for $344 as a cancellation fee.

I do not feel I should have to pay for a service that was misrepresented. I feel this may be a Truth in Advertising issue.

Slower than my DSL was, unreliable, and a total fabrication on the unlimited service. The sales rep that signed me up, out right lied to me.

Product or Service Mentioned: Viasat Internet Service.

Reason of review: Almost all of the above..

Preferred solution: cancel the bill.

I liked: Installer was nice.

I didn't like: Person who sold me the package lied.

Comments