Featured Not resolved

Faster than DSL, unlimited service, that is what they claim. I asked about interference from storms, they said it didn't.

They tried to sell me a larger package to improve pixels. I told them I didn't need more pixels as I didn't have an HD TV and my site isn't all that great anymore. They installed and the first day was okay. Second and every day after was a different story.

Every day between 2 and 4 it went down and I had to hard boot the modem. I called the installer like he asked and he told me what to do. He said they were having satellite issues. I couldn't post anything to social media with the share button, I had to copy and paste right from the beginning.

Less than a week later, I started buffering on my computer. I called and they said I had used up my limit, but I was told it was unlimited, that was one of the main reasons I switched. They told me they wouldn't cut me off or charge me more, but buffering all the time is not worth the cost of the service. I told them to cancel and this was less than 2 weeks of service, but today I got a bill for $344 as a cancellation fee.

I do not feel I should have to pay for a service that was misrepresented. I feel this may be a Truth in Advertising issue.

Slower than my DSL was, unreliable, and a total fabrication on the unlimited service. The sales rep that signed me up, out right lied to me.

Product or Service Mentioned: Viasat Internet Service.

Reason of review: Almost all of the above..

Preferred solution: cancel the bill.

Viasat Pros: Installer was nice.

Viasat Cons: Person who sold me the package lied.

Comments

#1691969

must be contract,don't do it.

IcyPiranha

Hope you were able to find an alternative. Cell company wireless internet can be available even in areas where their cell phones don't work that great and you aren't gambling over $300 like with Viasat.

to IcyPiranha #1670764

Hi!

to IcyPiranha #1691627

That is correct, it is usually referred to as 'fixed wireless internet'. Proximity to cell towers is a big factor, but signal boosting antenna's can help get you there. Good luck to all.