Coverage Area
Style and Design

I signed up for a bundle package with directv, i was given a great deal which was supposed to include tv and internet provided by AT&T. Well, turned out that directv siged me up with Excede (Now Viasat) because AT&T does not cover my area.

I was signed up and given my debit card info without even discussing it with me. Within the first day of service i received a notification stating that i had reached my data usage of 10 gigabyte. ..REALLY in one day!! I still hadn't even signed in yet!

So the service is really slow I cant even stream a you tube video my searches are like using AOL dial up And its been like that every month... i was also told that i was on a one year contract from the beginning and when i called to cancel i was told that now somehow it turned into a two year contract ...i dont want to be there customer but i have to pay 15 dollars for every month left on my contract (19 month)..

Product or Service Mentioned: Viasat Internet Service.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Comments

I noticed my data usage seemed excessive so I shut down the modem. While the modem was Off for a couple of days I exceeded my data limit. They are criminals

Yes it sure does. I have only been a customer for 24 hrs.

I called today and told them I do not want the service it cannot meet the speeds advertised. Not even close. My hot spot from my cell phone provider gives me speeds 2 to 3 times faster. They know there product is junk and they know they are hurting financially.

That is why they force unhappy customers to stay with there inferior product or strong arm them with a $15 a month early termination fee. A reputable and ethical company would not force a early termination fee 24 hrs into a 2 year contract. I can name you others with these so called fee's who I know for a fact under extenuating circumstances will waive said fees. (That is the moral and ethical thing to do) Hear my warning people like the above OP said Viasat sucks and they do lie.

They falsely advertise speeds they can never achieve and they know this that is why they tell you to hook a ethernet cord into your laptop prior to performing speed tests. The modem will communicate much faster with a hardwired laptop that is common sense. I have tested my speeds on wifi numerous times in the 24hrs I have been a customer and I have yet to even get half the speed I purchased. The highest I have seen is 12 Mbps down and 787 Kbps up.

Thats the fastest test. The avg. is around 9.8 Mbps and 560Kbps. However I connect my laptop to my cell phone hotspot and perform the very same tests and I get speeds of 15.6 Mbps down and 5.6 Mbps up.

Viasat is garbage.

Time for all us disgruntled to file a class action. They are crooks.