One week and two days ago we had a tech come over from the Lean Wisconsin office to upgrade our internet system that we've had for about 10 years through Exede to their unlimited data plan which needed a new dish and modem installed. 1o minutes after the techs left the system went down so we called the Viasat service number and explained to them what had happened and they would not send them right back out to fix their screwed up installation.

They entered a ticket in the system to send someone over to fix it a few days later. When that day came nobody showed up. Called again and they had no explanation for it and rescheduled for another day. They called and rescheduled again.

That day that they were supposed to show up they called and left a message on our voice mail that the tech said he felt it was too unsafe to go back up onto my rook because of the snow and ice on it that he almost fell off the roof twice. My wife witnessed that he was only wearing a tennis style show which wouldn't matter if there snow on the roof or not it would be very slippery. He should be required to wear work boots with grips. They said that would not send anyone up until all the snow and ice are off of the roof.

We live on the Wisconsin/Michigan border so that would be spring! They told us if we wanted someone there sooner to call Viasat and enter a "Sales Change Request" to get someone else (more or less find someone else to do it) I went up on the rook and it was no different that any other roof in my area and it's part of their job o work up on roofs so they should be prepared with the right PPE and equipment to do so. Keep in mind that we had internet service before the clowns they sent touched anything and now we don't.

We are being charged for this and shouldn't have to pay anything until it's been resolved. I couldn't even put the old dish back up and modem because they made us send them back.

I'm confident that the techs coming from the Escanaba Michigan office will take care of the issue but there's still no excuse for what they've done!

Product or Service Mentioned: Viasat Technical Support.

Reason of review: Work Experience or Job Application.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Comments