This is the most incompetent, inept servicer I've ever dealt with.

My elderly mother had her upgrade to Viasat / Exede from WildBlue disconnected due to a false request to disconnect the service.

DirecTV "offers" this horrific Internet provider to its unsuspecting customers.

When the disconnect was discovered by me, I called DirecTV and got a terrific customer support person, Angela. After an hour on the phone with her, she called Viasat and we spent another TWO AND A HALF HOURS on the phone with Viasat, trying to get the disconnect order reversed, including debiting my mother over $350 for an "early cancellation." Melody was the Viasat rep and she finally appeared to have straightened out this account and set-up an appointment to reconnect my mother's service and reverse the $350 charge. She PROMISED Angela and me that the problem was being corrected, apologized and offered a whopping $25 credit to my mother.

The appointment was 2 days later for Viasat to reconnect my mother by entering a new DNS. The tech showed up with a work order that said he was supposed to pick up the old equipment and there was no request for a reinstall.

Now, here I am on hold with Viasat for another 60 MINUTES while they cannot find the on-line notes from the TWO AND A HALF HOUR conversation between Angela (DirecTV), their support person Melody and me.

ANY INTERNET PROVIDER IS BETTER THAN THESE MORONS.

Reason of review: GROSSLY INCOMPETENT CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Preferred solution: This company should credit my elderly mother 6 months of free service for screwing up their own work orders and incorrectly disconnecting her service. I've thus far logged 4 1/2 hours on the phone with Viasat because they made a mountain out of a molehill.

Comments

Who paid you lol

It would be out of character for Viasat to resolve this problem. They had promised to reverse the penalties and extra service charges, which they admitted in writing, are "in error." They have not done so.

Rather than waste hours more of our time on the phone with them, we are disputing the charges with the credit card company.

Viasat / Exede = worst service there is. Use any other Internet provider you can find.

First I want to appologize for all of this mess. Second, please send an email to exedelistens@viasat.com and someone there can get all this corrected for you.

It sounds like a change with your mothers DIRECTV service is what started all of this.

Please understand that DTV agents are NOT employees of Exede, and in most cases work on a commission, thus the switcharoo.

Exede is an awesome company, are they perfect, no, but they care about their customers and will make this right if you give them a chance.

exedelistens@viasat.com mention that David Varner suggested you write and explain the situation and the fine folks on this team will take great care of you.

David Varner is an Elite Dealer for Exede and a member of the Dealer Advisory Council to ViaSat and not an employee, just an honest dealer trying to help all Exede Customers wherever they are on the planet.

to Anonymous #1027756

The idiots FINALLY got the service connected. It only took over TEN CALLS to Viasat on my part and THREE SERVICE CALLS, just to reconnect her service.

Now, we are in another battle.

Although I have an email acknowledging the service was disconnected in error and that the $365 early disconnect penalty is therefore invalid, Viasat has not reversed the charge plus the additional $92 it charged to send out a tech to correct its previous two errors.

So, rather than deal with the sub-IQ employees who answer phones for Viasat, all of whom promised these charges would be reversed, I'll dispute it with MasterCard.

FOLKS - DO NOT USE EXEDE/VIASAT/WILD BLUE FOR YOUR SERVICE. THEY ARE WORSE THAN CUSTOMER SERVICE IN INDIA AND YOU WILL SPEND HOURS AND HOURS ON THE PHONE WITH THEM INSTEAD OF LIVING YOUR LIFE.