1.6
Coverage Area
Style and Design

Signed up about four months ago. By the fifth month and after not being able to use my internet service for the last 3 weeks I finally tried to call and cancel my service.

They reminded me that I signed a contract and told me I have to pay $285 early termination fee. when I signed the contract I agreed to it because I was expecting quality service to be provided to me which has not been the case. I truly feel they're in breach of contract. Now the company is trying to hold me to a contract that they couldn't deliver on.

They owe me a refund of money for service they did not provide! I'd love to join any class action lawsuit that's out there against them.

Product or Service Mentioned: Viasat Internet Service.

Reason of review: Return, Exchange or Cancellation Policy.

Comments

I was unable to communicate for almost a full month using my internet with Viasat because of snow storms and line of sight and snow on both the roof and dish. They did not tell me this would be a problem when I signed a contract, plus the speed was Very slow.

I'm 74, live alone above snow line and this winter was totally cutoff from any communication for 22 days. The snow was too deep for me to get to the neighbor for help, so it became a medical emergency for me. I was able to use my cell phone once my neighbor gave me her password to get on her internet since I have no cell service at my house except with my home internet. I had no option but to cancel.

Viasat told me I have to pay the $285 disconnect fee anyway.

Heartless!!!!! They too will get old someday.....