Poor support for Venturer Under Cabinet TV

1 of 1 Venturer reviews

I purchased a 10" Venturer under cabinet tv, KLV39103, from a national retailer, it was the last one they had and no new ones were on order, because Venturer or RCA or whoever owns Venturer is not supporting these nice little units.

The unit arrived well packed and undamaged on the exterior box or internal product box, however the unit displayed a crack in the glass when a tv program was displayed, I even tried a dvd just to make sure, same result. Oddly, there was no apparent crack in the screen glass, it appears to be in the LCD matrix internally.

I contacted Venturer and was told to email 1800customersupport.com, I believe this is contact number RCA and there is no phone number just by email, that sure instills great consumer confidence. Later that day I received a reply and was asked to take photos. I provided a photo of exterior and interior box showing NO physical damage, also a photo of product with the factory shrink-wrap still in position, a photo of screen -OFF and a photo of screen -On with a tv image playing, so that "they" could see that the crack in the screen was internal.

I got a reply that "they" would not repair this under warranty and I asked for a manager review, denied, so I guess the screen just magically broke!

I can't even blame, the shipper since no damage to exterior box was visible. This is a blatant example of a company not taking car of it's consumer base and avoiding any semblance of a proper concern for their product or their consumer, Venturer, a Canadian business, now reportedly owned by RCA. This troubles me that a company would have this little regard for it's consumer base.

Some online research says Venturer is owned by RCA Canada and that is reported to be owned by SONY.

These people do not seem interested in correcting a problem, but fortunately for me the selling retailer promptly offered a full refund and paid for return shipping, this is the type of service I expected from Venturer.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.

More Review Details

Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
1 of 1 Venturer reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.