Poor support for Venturer Under Cabinet TV
I purchased a 10" Venturer under cabinet tv, KLV39103, from a national retailer, it was the last one they had and no new ones were on order, because Venturer or RCA or whoever owns Venturer is not supporting these nice little units.
The unit arrived well packed and undamaged on the exterior box or internal product box, however the unit displayed a crack in the glass when a tv program was displayed, I even tried a dvd just to make sure, same result. Oddly, there was no apparent crack in the screen glass, it appears to be in the LCD matrix internally.
I contacted Venturer and was told to email 1800customersupport.com, I believe this is contact number RCA and there is no phone number just by email, that sure instills great consumer confidence. Later that day I received a reply and was asked to take photos. I provided a photo of exterior and interior box showing NO physical damage, also a photo of product with the factory shrink-wrap still in position, a photo of screen -OFF and a photo of screen -On with a tv image playing, so that "they" could see that the crack in the screen was internal.
I got a reply that "they" would not repair this under warranty and I asked for a manager review, denied, so I guess the screen just magically broke!
I can't even blame, the shipper since no damage to exterior box was visible. This is a blatant example of a company not taking car of it's consumer base and avoiding any semblance of a proper concern for their product or their consumer, Venturer, a Canadian business, now reportedly owned by RCA. This troubles me that a company would have this little regard for it's consumer base.
Some online research says Venturer is owned by RCA Canada and that is reported to be owned by SONY.
These people do not seem interested in correcting a problem, but fortunately for me the selling retailer promptly offered a full refund and paid for return shipping, this is the type of service I expected from Venturer.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Product or service
- Venturer Klv39103 10-Inch Under-Cabinet Lcd Tv Dvd Combination
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
You May Also Like
- "Dome melted and contacted company. Was offered replacement at a price and willing to pay but never received reply. Sent my shipping info but contact person said wasn't received. sent..."
- "I purchased this Swagtron Swagway X2 on December 6th, 2016 because of the $199 sale... it's used and damaged..."
- "This may sound small but the end result could have been serious. Recently I purchased a Kitchen Aid Enamel Roasting Pan and used it for the second time today to..."
- "The only reason I ordered through Cichic was because they advertised yoga onzie brand pants, by the way is still being shown as in stock. But when the package arrived..."
- "Sometimes a picture says more than a thousand words... This is an error message I got from the LastPass plugin for Firefox under Linux. Shortly after this message my browser..."
- "We bought a home from Shea Homes in Union County NC, we are very disappointed with the quality of the workmanship and the lock of response from the Shea Homes..."
- "Bought 11 piece chicken special at Indepence MO location. Most were tiny wings and legs ( looked almost the size of Cornish hens ), but the most outrageous part was 2..."
- "I got the transmission replaced on my 3 yr old Craftsman Revolution model# 28933 and it broke down yet again after 2 hrs. of usage. The Sears technician who came..."
- "Went to the one in Blue Springs. Got transmission fluid change and oil change. They called me to come and get it and thank God I checked the oil level..."