Poor support for Venturer Under Cabinet TV
I purchased a 10" Venturer under cabinet tv, KLV39103, from a national retailer, it was the last one they had and no new ones were on order, because Venturer or RCA or whoever owns Venturer is not supporting these nice little units.
The unit arrived well packed and undamaged on the exterior box or internal product box, however the unit displayed a crack in the glass when a tv program was displayed, I even tried a dvd just to make sure, same result. Oddly, there was no apparent crack in the screen glass, it appears to be in the LCD matrix internally.
I contacted Venturer and was told to email 1800customersupport.com, I believe this is contact number RCA and there is no phone number just by email, that sure instills great consumer confidence. Later that day I received a reply and was asked to take photos. I provided a photo of exterior and interior box showing NO physical damage, also a photo of product with the factory shrink-wrap still in position, a photo of screen -OFF and a photo of screen -On with a tv image playing, so that "they" could see that the crack in the screen was internal.
I got a reply that "they" would not repair this under warranty and I asked for a manager review, denied, so I guess the screen just magically broke!
I can't even blame, the shipper since no damage to exterior box was visible. This is a blatant example of a company not taking car of it's consumer base and avoiding any semblance of a proper concern for their product or their consumer, Venturer, a Canadian business, now reportedly owned by RCA. This troubles me that a company would have this little regard for it's consumer base.
Some online research says Venturer is owned by RCA Canada and that is reported to be owned by SONY.
These people do not seem interested in correcting a problem, but fortunately for me the selling retailer promptly offered a full refund and paid for return shipping, this is the type of service I expected from Venturer.
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Damaged or defective
- Product or service
- Venturer Klv39103 10-Inch Under-Cabinet Lcd Tv Dvd Combination
- Review category
- Appliances and Electronics
You May Also Like
- "Have just spent 7mths renovating our house purchased a Miele clean steel dishwasher, this week my cabinet maker installed all our appliances that had been stored together hot plate, oven,..."
- "Hello My name is Janie Long. I bought a new Wave oven and after about 6 times of using it the dome crack's in half. The heating element still works..."
- "Dome melted and contacted company. Was offered replacement at a price and willing to pay but never received reply. Sent my shipping info but contact person said wasn't received. sent..."
- "Ordered upgraded "best" flowers for express, 4-hr, same-day delivery for my wedding anniversary. Small, basic arrangement delivered 4 days later. Customer service on day of delivery promised it was..."
- "I got the transmission replaced on my 3 yr old Craftsman Revolution model# 28933 and it broke down yet again after 2 hrs. of usage. The Sears technician who came..."
- "Went to the one in Blue Springs. Got transmission fluid change and oil change. They called me to come and get it and thank God I checked the oil level..."
- "My Sister from AL Khor Qatar sent me money via trans fast worth P 20,223.35 which I received it at mlhuilier just only P 20,098.00. Where's the remaining P 125.35?..."
- "We own a 2013 Honda CR-V it has performed very well until recently. The car was sitting in a parking lot . A crook came along side of the car..."
- "Many movies that came out in 2015 are still not available to stream in the USA however they are available to stream in South America. Many just released movies are..."