Reston, Virginia

vanover hardwood floors in woodbridge va.put the wrong color pre finished wood on the floors.

they didnot use the color i wanted. there was about 6 mexicans in my house none that speak english. when i tried to stop them they kept going. called the office they said it was nothing they could do.

they were almost done installing.

I went back to try to communicate with the mexicans again I jusst wanted them to stop and go home, they still continued working as it i wasent even there.bad business i plan to take this further very soon

Review about: Prefinished Wood.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / $7000
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Vanover Hardwood Floors?

Comments

henry stockton

Vanover's Hardwood Floor Works Dwight Vanover is a convicted felon for credit card fraud.You can Google his name you will be surprise what you see online tax fraud and IRS vs Dwight Vanover and former his employes.

Dwight Vanover is a convicted
Baltimore, Maryland, United States #628773

See The United States of America vs Dwight Vanover in the United States District Court for the Eastern District Court of Virginia - Alexandria Division.

Angry, Angry
Bethesda, Maryland, United States #617785

First off this company has not been owned and opersted for 70 years, the owner Dwight Vanover is the owner, and the name of the company has changed with each time he went bankrupt, his grandfather didnt work for this company, he did construction for someone else, he put his father to work for a short time, so that he could say its a generstion thing.Previous company name .....Woodbridge Custom Floors, Hardwood Floorworks, Hardwood Floorworks Inc., Vanovers Hardwood, Vanovers Hardwood Floorworks, He has been operating without a VA Class A Lic.

without a MD Contractors Lic. Dwight Vanover can not hold a Lic because he is a convicted Felon. he treats his employees horribly, and because he hires workers that are not legal, he continues to work them, and take their money and they cant complain, The employees that were worth anything have left the company, Their was a man named Ron Cook; he worked there for a long time and even though he was a little rough on the edges, he was good, I worked with him several times, I also worked with a nice lady named Sherry after Ron left and she was very nice and did everything she could to make sure my jobs went smooth and she was very professional and educated in the work I needed completed.Sherry saved me a lot of money. the owner Dwight Vanover is the problem , he is rude, and is a liar, he has cussed me out and then calls to apologize and then gets angry again, its crazy to deal with him, recently he has tried to get my work back...

what a joke this company is, anyway, there have been many complaints made against this company and the odd thing is if you go back and check on the complaint you made yourself with the BBB, it seems to disappear, I guess if you pay your dues, your good to go. Mr Vanover must be hard up for money, as he wants money up front and even when your supposed to pay at the 30 day mark, he has his sales man bugging you for money before the job is done. anyway I say stay clear of this company, they are horrible to deal with and there crews take short cuts, My last and final job with this company, where I contracted to have natural stain applied and 2 coats of oilbase urethane done, the crew did not use any stain, when I stopped the crew, They practically begged me not to say anything because they would loose their paychecks and that the reason they were doing this was to save time because they were given so many jobs to complete in one day and this is a daily thing, 6 days a week. what was I to do.

I let it slide only because I felt sorry for them and just wanted the job complete as because of Vanover and his lies, I was already 2 weeks behind.STAY AWAY OF THIS COMPANY

My experience w/ Vanovers was HORRIBLE.Their warranties are worthless because they dont stand behind them at all.

When there is a problem w/ the floor they make appts and then dont show up when they say they are going to and dont call -- they just keep making appts and not showing up. They slander previous employees.

The owner Dwight Vanover is nasty and very difficult to work with and their rep, Omar, is not much better.I highly recommend anyone considering them, to not believe thier lies about being professional and standing behind their work because they aren't and they don't.

mr.sandman

I called the cell phone of Vanovers attempting to contact my salesperson, Sherry who has always been wonderful to work with and was told she wasnt available at that time, after a short time I then received a call from Vanovers and the man who called me stated he was Dwight Vanover and in fact the owner of Vanovers started demanding to know who I was, I expressed to him that he should know who he is calling and he proceeded to attack me verbily and threaten me. Vanovers I explained who I was and that I have dropped a lot of money with his business, but as of this moment, vanovers will no longer get another dime of my money, I found that Sherry quit her job and wont be returning and I wish her the best

FACTS CAN HURT YOU

I KNOW FOR A FACT THAT THIS COMPANY HAS DONE THINGS LIKE THIS IN THE PAST AND YES SOME OF THE CREWS WILL ACT LIKE THEY CANT UNDERSTAND WHAT YOUR SAYING, BECAUSE THEY JUST WANT TO WORK, THE CREWS ARE GOOD PEOPLE, AND AS WELL THIS COMPANY WILL NEVER GIVE YOU YOUR FINAL PAY, AN EXCUSE IS ALWAYS MADE UP AS TO WHY YOU WONT RECEIVE YOUR FINAL PAY, BUT AS WELL THIS COMPANY HAS A PERSON THAT WORKS FOR THEM THAT IS DISTURBING, A CONVICTED VIOLENT SEX OFFENDER WHO IA ALLOWED TO GO INTO RESIDENTIAL HOMES, KINDA CRAZY THAT THIS IS ALLOWED/ NO ONE THAT WORKS THERE WILL SAY ANYTHING AS THEY ARE AFRAID OF LOOSING THEIR JOBS AND NOT GETTING THEIR PAY AND JOBS ARE HARD TO FIND NOW A DAYS :(

Bob Clover

I have worked eith this company in the past and they have always been professional.And there service has always been great.