Like many people here I bought a package of 5-$20 cards to give as tips and gifts.I had one left over and decided to use it to get rid of carrying one more card.

Related: Vanilla Mastercard - Need proof of identity because they keep screwing up my account information

Not only did it not work - when we looked at the back of it, something'I'd never thought to do, it is basically blank with a bar code and 10 numbers underneath. That's all that's there, the rest is white. Now I'm not only out this $20 but I'm embarrassed to think I gave 4 of these away and they're probably also useless. Master Card, Visa and every other credit card company who puts their names on these Vanilla cards should be sued.

It's a total disgrace. Those who have a phone number at least have a place to vent. Mine doesn't even have that.

I'm in total agreement if you want to give money, give cash or write a check.We're only enriching the coffers of big corporations by buying gift cards.

Review about: Vanilla Mastercard Prepaid Card Activation.

I didn't like: Long involved process to voice a complaint.

Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Damaged or defective / $105
Preferred solution Full refund

Had an Experience with Vanilla Mastercard?

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.

The Big Four - EMERGENCY HELP NEEDED MATH SKILLS LOWES GE MONEY PAY PAL WALMART PENNIES ANY COMPANY THAT USES THIS BANK The Big Four "There will be FOUR DOCUMENTS attached to this post. Please look at each of the documents. Where these people get this stuff is beyond me, it just keeps coming. I..." Read more Ge Capital Retail Bank - EMERGENCY NEWS FLASH USPS CONSUMERS BEING RAPED DUE TO GE CAPITAL RETAIL MONEY BANK & PAY PAL SMART CONNECT ILLEGAL ACTIVITIES Ge Capital Retail Bank "To Whom It May Concern: GE Capital Retail & Pay Pal continues to lie about funds taken out of my account. They have also started putting accounts overdue TWO days..." Read more WHO IS ON THE TAKE HERE WHEN IT COMES TO GE CAPITAL RETAIL & PAYPAL Paypal "These Crooks can use a money figure & call it a "Debt Cancellation Fee" & when that backfires they call it a "Card Security Fee". They can tell you..." Read more WALMART CREDIT CARD BANK Walmart "This store along with several other stores or companies uses "Synchrony Bank" which is the new name for GE Money GE Capital Retail Money Bank GE Capital Retail Bank for..." Read more Calatlantic Homes - Tree Fail Calatlantic Homes "We closed our home purchased from Calatlantic (Ryland) in February of 2016 and have generally been happy with them. Most of the time, if we called with a warranty item,..." Read more Bella Collina - Don't buy a home, lot, wedding, club event before read REAL REVIEWS - By Don Karl Juravin Bella Collina "Don't buy a home, lot, wedding, club event before read the REAL REVIEWS by residents who live in Bella Collina. The new site EXPOSES the real Bella Collina from the..." Read more Calatlantic Homes - Lousy landscaping from Calatlantic! Calatlantic Homes "My wife and I bought a home from Calatlantic in February of 2016 and had generally been happy with our new home - that is, except for the landscaping. About..." Read more Keystone Rv - 2014 Keystone Cougar Keystone Rv "Solera power awning is pulling the rail off of the coach at both ends.I have had Camping World try to repair it twice under warranty.The screws holding the rail were..." Read more