Van Dykes Restorers designs and sells junk hardware and doesn't honor warranty
I bought two brass Cremone Bolts for over $100 each. The design was defective, they broke less than two weeks after installation. Instead of having a 1/4" x 1/4" spindle connecting the handle to the mechanism, they have two #6 screws, which promptly sheared off. Design for these products has been standardized hundreds of years ago. These are anything but "Retro" as described by Van Dykes. Van Dykes refused to replace them, despite multiple emails. They don't even respond past the first denial.
We installed them for a client over 700 miles from our shop, and are now stuck with buying new ones, and making a huge trip to replace them. The company stinks, don't buy anything from them that has a moving part, they design, manufacture, and sell garbage and don't care. Van ***'s Restorers is not a company that can be trusted.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
- Hardware made of brass
What I disliked
- Defective design
- Refusal to honor warranty
- Poor customer service
- Items not as described
- Two hardware items broke within two weeks
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service, bad quality, warranty issue, defective, not as described
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Van Dykes Restorers Retro Cremone Bolt
- Review category
- Building Products
You May Also Like
- "My husband and I visited a Lumber Liquidators store on 10/25/14 in response to an advertisement. The advertised "deal" was already gone, and we were given a sample of..."
- "I was relaxing on my front covered porch when all of a sudden the top glass of my Larson screen away door completely shattered!!!!! ABSOLUTELY NOTHING HIT IT.!!!..."
- "Au mois de mai 2015, la Cie SOS Béton, de Victoriaville a sablé et appliqué votre produit -143 sur le contour de béton de ma piscine, cette peinture s'enlève de..."
- "I run an E-Commerce store targeting US demographic. Surprisingly in January my website got a Manual Penalty from Google (i got an email from Google regarding this) and in an..."
- "Sold windows by a rep named Lazlo who claims he makes over 100k per year- Too much information. Upon our installation we were given entirely different storm doors than..."
- "These types of operations routinely make unsubstantiated demands. They don't even know if it's the right person or if they even owe money. This office is connected to..."
- "We own a 2013 Honda CR-V it has performed very well until recently. The car was sitting in a parking lot . A crook came along side of the car..."
- "I have known and respected Jesse Keyes for over 25 years. Jesse Keyes has a successful list of credentials in his academic and professional life. After meeting him at Princeton,..."
- "I bought a $14.00 pair of earrings that looked beautiful on their website. They looked stunning, and I was so excited to get them. I got them in the mail..."