Keyport, New Jersey
100% full Not resolved

I bought two brass Cremone Bolts for over $100 each. The design was defective, they broke less than two weeks after installation. Instead of having a 1/4" x 1/4" spindle connecting the handle to the mechanism, they have two #6 screws, which promptly sheared off. Design for these products has been standardized hundreds of years ago. These are anything but "Retro" as described by Van Dykes. Van Dykes refused to replace them, despite multiple emails. They don't even respond past the first denial.

We installed them for a client over 700 miles from our shop, and are now stuck with buying new ones, and making a huge trip to replace them. The company stinks, don't buy anything from them that has a moving part, they design, manufacture, and sell garbage and don't care. Van ***'s Restorers is not a company that can be trusted.

Review about: Van Dykes Restorers Retro Cremone Bolt.

I liked: Hardware made of brass.

I didn't like: Defective design, Refusal to honor warranty, Poor customer service, Items not as described, Two hardware items broke within two weeks.

1.8
PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Poor customer service, bad quality, warranty issue, defective, not as described / $2000
Preferred solution Full refund

Had an Experience with Van Dykes Restorers?

Comments

Be the first to start a discussion