Van Dykes Restorers designs and sells junk hardware and doesn't honor warranty
I bought two brass Cremone Bolts for over $100 each. The design was defective, they broke less than two weeks after installation. Instead of having a 1/4" x 1/4" spindle connecting the handle to the mechanism, they have two #6 screws, which promptly sheared off. Design for these products has been standardized hundreds of years ago. These are anything but "Retro" as described by Van Dykes. Van Dykes refused to replace them, despite multiple emails. They don't even respond past the first denial.
We installed them for a client over 700 miles from our shop, and are now stuck with buying new ones, and making a huge trip to replace them. The company stinks, don't buy anything from them that has a moving part, they design, manufacture, and sell garbage and don't care. Van ***'s Restorers is not a company that can be trusted.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
- Hardware made of brass
What I disliked
- Defective design
- Refusal to honor warranty
- Poor customer service
- Items not as described
- Two hardware items broke within two weeks
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service, bad quality, warranty issue, defective, not as described
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Van Dykes Restorers Retro Cremone Bolt
- Review category
- Building Products
You May Also Like
- "My Pulte home came with a "free" baseline electric Whirlpool kitchen appliance package, with multiple options to upgrade the appliance line as long as it was electric. Only one..."
- "My husband and I visited a Lumber Liquidators store on 10/25/14 in response to an advertisement. The advertised "deal" was already gone, and we were given a sample of..."
- "Thank you for sending Bob Gibson, a Pella representative to my residence. Per Bob, the lower windows that he inspected are separating. At my residence, there are 12 openings with..."
- "My name is Eddy and 2 years ago Johnny cured my 7+ year cocaine and heroin addiction. I just went back for my annual reboot and reset and I am..."
- "I run an E-Commerce store targeting US demographic. Surprisingly in January my website got a Manual Penalty from Google (i got an email from Google regarding this) and in an..."
- "Last Monday I had nine teeth pulled and my upper jaw and was given a prescription for 20 Vicidon. The pharmacist would not fill it because she said it had..."
- "The flowers i got delivered to my fiance were pretty, BUT they were super small and in my eyes dont look anything compared to their picture. Delivery was on time..."
- "Dealing with Consumers Kitchens and Baths was a terrible experience! I do believe that they are the worst company I have ever dealt with. After they sent a man to..."
- "Bought a rifle for almost $1,000 and has a caving dent on the dust cover, of course the display rifle was perfectly fine. Seems like they chose to give me..."