Van Dykes Restorers designs and sells junk hardware and doesn't honor warranty
I bought two brass Cremone Bolts for over $100 each. The design was defective, they broke less than two weeks after installation. Instead of having a 1/4" x 1/4" spindle connecting the handle to the mechanism, they have two #6 screws, which promptly sheared off. Design for these products has been standardized hundreds of years ago. These are anything but "Retro" as described by Van Dykes. Van Dykes refused to replace them, despite multiple emails. They don't even respond past the first denial.
We installed them for a client over 700 miles from our shop, and are now stuck with buying new ones, and making a huge trip to replace them. The company stinks, don't buy anything from them that has a moving part, they design, manufacture, and sell garbage and don't care. Van ***'s Restorers is not a company that can be trusted.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
- Hardware made of brass
What I disliked
- Defective design
- Refusal to honor warranty
- Poor customer service
- Items not as described
- Two hardware items broke within two weeks
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service, bad quality, warranty issue, defective, not as described
- Preferred solution:
- Full refund
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Van Dykes Restorers Retro Cremone Bolt
- Review category
- Building Products
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "We redid our kitchen August 2014 and chose Wolf because of price and we liked the look of the sample cabinet in the showroom. They seemed well made, but now..."
- "My name is Kimberly It's weird I had the same problem. I am documenting and taking photos because I'm suing them for the crappy job. My walls are soft, and..."
- "Have a new house built in 2010 with 40 Marvin casement style, metal clad, wood windows with retractable screens; 4 metal clad wood sliding doors with low profile sills; and..."
- "Someone stole my credit card information and made two purchases. The genius purchased the items using my address and attempted to drop ship them to his address but was too..."
- "Dear Lynn, RE: VIP CORPORATE FLIGHT ATTENDANT Thank you so much for your reply. Infact, before your reply, I'll must say I've already anticipated & expected that i'm will not..."
- "They do not stand behind their products. Purchased chain saw it ran for less than 2 minutes and froze up and they said nothing they could do. DO NOT BUY..."
- "I did not have a choice when I bought my house 8 years ago as to who supplied my propane. But from the start it's been a horrible experience dealing..."
- "These types of operations routinely make unsubstantiated demands. They don't even know if it's the right person or if they even owe money. This office is connected to..."
- "Last Monday I had nine teeth pulled and my upper jaw and was given a prescription for 20 Vicidon. The pharmacist would not fill it because she said it had..."