Verified Reviewer

This company Matthew Vail scammed me out of $1625. He lied to the BBB and the State Attorney General.

He pretended to refund me $750 via Cashapp then stopped the payment. He admitted to Susan Luckey the Illinois State Attorney General that Cashapp sent his money back to him and Matthew sent her a picture of his receipt. This man is not a certified licensed insured professional landscaper. He took advantage of me because I was a minority pregnant female trying to maintain her property during a pandemic.

He damaged my property and made everything hazardous. He pretended to treat my property with 6 month weed killer. The weeds never died. When he arrived he didn't bring a lawnmower nor a brush hog.

He simply used a weed wacker to trim down years of tall grass and cut down two small trees. Mind you I just bought this house and wanted to beautify the property. As you can imagine a weed wacker can not produce a finished smooth appearance at all. Also he left and took a 3 hour break!

I had to ask him if he was coming back! My property was so hazardous when I walked to review the area I hurt my foot walking on it and my neighbors dog got hurt running on it. How do a professional take $1625 and only arrive with a weed wacker! Where was the brush hog, where was the lawnmower, where was the excavator?

I also paid for removal of the brush. What he ended up doing was throwing the cut brush on my neighbors property instead of hauling it away. He brought someone named Jake the firefighter to cut my brush but his performance wasn't much help. Jake apologized to me multiple times.

Jake said he didn't understand why Matthew brought a weed wacker!!! Jake said Matthew didn't own a lawnmower and didn't want to rent any equipment and not to worry about me being disappointed. Jake offered to go to his own house and bring his chain saw and zero mover to smooth the now hazardous area but he said it would cost me an additional $400!!!!! Matthew clearly is learning as he goes.

I checked multiple site and found several complaints just like mine. I wish I found them before I paid him. Susan the Attorney General advised my to sue him and that shall be done. His performance was below average.

How does a company arrive to a job just to make it worse than never honor a refund. He lied and told the BBB that he sent me $1000 just to later admit to the Attorney General that he paid me nothing. Fraud, fraud, fraud, scam, scam, scam. Not only will I sue for the full amount of $1625 but pain and suffering, vet bills, and emotional distress.

On Thumbtack if he gets to many bad reviews he makes a new account to remove the unwanted reviews. He prays on women especially minorities minorities and charge ridiculously learprices.

User's recommendation: Avoid, learn to landscape, find another company.

Comments

chat-icon

Please avoid publishing any personal information and promotional content

Vail Lawncare and Landscaping Reviews