We have used VRBO several times with great results.The property we just rented (#7558), was advertised as "luxurious" and "gorgeous".

This unit was grossly misrepresented, uncared for and dirty. The photos provided on www.VRBO.com site show a clean, well furnished unit. In actuality, the leather furniture was filthy and shedding. You couldn't sit on it without putting a towel or a sheet down, or the shedding leather would stick to your clothing and skin.

The dining table was broken, and so uneven it was unusable, even with the 3" book they had placed under the broken leg to balance it. Other furniture was torn and stained. The patio furniture was discolored, broken and dirty. The walls were filthy and badly in need of paint, with the bathrooms being the worst (pubic hairs on the walls).

There were many holes in the sheet in need of repair, and many areas of disrepair that were dilapidated. All but one of the four sliding glass doors were broken and unusable. Many more issues including broken dishwasher, toilet, roaches, dirty dishes in the cupboards.

I have photos to support these claims.

The cleaning crew stated that the owner, Frank Scholz, has been made aware of these issues, and has done nothing to resolve them. One last note, Mr. Scholz failed to mention that he has listed his property for sale. We received regular phone calls from realtors wanting to show the property beginning in the early morning hours.

We spent almost $3000, and were extremely disappointed. The Palm Bay Club is a beautiful resort, and this unit is not typical.

We have had difficulties getting our comments posted on VRBO, and the owner of the unit refused to return our emails.Buyer beware, "Palm Bay Club, Luxurious Beachfront Condo Palm Bay Club, Siesta Key, Florida Vacation Rental by Owner Listing 7558", is not as advertised!

Review about: Luxurious Beachfront Condo.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Vacation Rental By Owner?

Submit review

Comments

Frequent Travelers

I just spoke with the Palm Bay Club office.They said that they get complaints about Mr.

Sholz's property (VRBO #7558)all the time.Evidently, the resorts board of directors is aware of the problem, but is helpless to do anything about it because the Palm Bay Club doesn't manage his unit, VRBO does.