Verified Reviewer

Original review updated by user Apr 27, 2023

USA Vein Clinics in Merrillville IN (USA VC) used to be Vein Clinics of America (VCA). When I arrived for my appt on 4/26/23 no one was at the front desk for at least 10 minutes.

The nurse took me to the back and asked why I was there. I told her I had some scarring on my legs from the last ablation 8 months ago. I've never scarred before in the past 7 years of treatments. The nurse proceeded to ask me questions like "Who was your doctor?" "What procedure did you have?" "Did you have injections?" "When was your last ultrasound?" I told her to please check my chart.

That's when I was told VCA had gone bankrupt, was taken over by USA VC, and all VCA patient records had disappeared! I was then asked if I'd like to start over with USA VC and take new ultrasounds so that the new doctor, Dr Tang, could treat me. I said yes. After a 2-hour process the nurse said all I seemed to need are some injections for spider veins.

Then I met with Dr. Benjamin Tang. I was still in my paper shorts they provided and wearing my mask.

Dr. Tang came in and left the door wide open, wearing no mask and sitting 6 inches from my face, while spewing spit droplets, he questioned me: "What medication did they inject you with?" "What are the names of the ablations that you had?" "What were the dates of your procedures?" I had no specific answers, I'm not a doctor!

He told me to stand and turn around, I was on display so I reached to close the door at that point (he never thought to do that). He repeated multiple times that he had no records and this was no longer VCA. I asked "Where do we go from here?" He said "Nowhere". I asked about the injections needed and today's ultrasound.

He said he could do nothing without knowing the meds injected and the types of ablations I had. I said "I've been here for 2 hours and you can't do anything?" He said "I've been here all day!" I complained that I'd be billed for this visit leading nowhere. He said "This is just a consultation". The nurse said "No, she had a full ultrasound so she'll be billed." I told them that I needed to leave immediately.

I felt my temper rising. The doctor seemed disoriented. I pointed him to the door and handed him my file that was laying on the examination table. I got dressed and stormed out of the office; and again, no one was at the front desk.

I called the following day and requested my records, gave my fax # and was told it could take up to 30 days because a different department handles records. My new doctor (Dr. Karamichos, Region Vein PC in Munster IN, who formerly treated me at VCA) needs these records so that I don't have to go through ANOTHER ultrasound. I have filed a complaint and a review with the BBB and I hope they can help me get my records sooner.

I have no complaints against the nurses there- only Dr. Tang. He's rude, insensitive, unprofessional, unsanitary and unknowledgeable.

I cannot believe he is a real doctor. He should NOT have contact with human being.

User's recommendation: Do not go to Dr. Benjamin Tang!

Location: Chicago, Illinois

Comments

chat-icon

Please avoid publishing any personal information and promotional content

USA Vein Clinics Reviews