Northborough, Massachusetts
3.2K views

The School has proven to me that its billing is not trustworthy, now I wonder of its teaching quality:

(look at their present advertizing also)

I enrolled to this school last May after reading their advertisement for total educational cost of $1500 which was calculated into $50 monthly payment. Since the certificate offers a career that is suitable for my physical disability and well within my budget for educational cost, I enrolled and paid $50 the day I enrolled in order to get access to the course online while waiting for the hard copies of learning materials to deliver to me. I made the second $50 monthly payment the following month after received the first bill. From that second month to August 2011 of the same year I received no bill from this institution, therefore, I made some attempts to pay online. I encountered issue of accessing my online account and received no response after requesting for resetting my password which I still don't believe that I forgot since it is simple, used in many of my other online accounts and relates to my identity. Around the same time frame, ~3 months after my enrollment, I received the call from USCB Corp who claimed to represent this institution for my delinquent account. I gave the rep lady my bank account info so she could make monthly payment from there. I also told her that any month she encounters any issues with the payment please contact me. I also contacted the school as the advice given to me by the collection agency rep lady for further explanation needed regarding calculations they made and applied toward their determination of my account being delinquent. The school rep told me there would be a person who handles account payment would call me back to go over my request. There was no call from any one at US Career Institute. After my 6th payment I finally was able to get someone to response to my call regarding the concern above and additional question I had regarding the fat that I have not received any learning material from them since after the 2nd shipment. I was told that it was due to the factor that I was behind about $300. My questions to this school are:

1. From the very first month I enrolled to the very first time the collection agency rep called me were 3 months apart which was equivalent to 3 payments or $150 I owed. How would they calculate the $300 delinquent? I raised this question to the lady from the school, but after promising me that she would find out the reasons, there was never a response further explanation given to me.

2. I am still receiving their threaten notices that I don't cooperate trying to resolve the issue EVER while the facts that I gave their collection agency my bank account and info of my two my debit cards from my investment accounts which always have funding available more than the $60 that the collection agency set up with me during their first call.

3. It has been 8 payments that I already make why there are no materials sent to me to complete my training. I don't think anyone would just spend money and can't receive any things for something that they attempt to be a purchase unless it is for charitable purposes.

4. Can I contact any government agencies who handle cases like this one? Would there be a federal or state agency where US career institute is located that would help me?

Thank you sincerely and greatly for your assistance.

Comments

Attn: "me" I read the poster's complaint, then I read your response. At the end of your reply, you admonished the poster to :do his research first." Perhaps you should read the poster's complaint again, as your reply didn't even come close to addressing what the poster's complaint.

I HAVE TO SAY I CALLED THE US CAREER INSTITUTE AND THEY WERE VERY DETAILED IN THEIR $$ EXPLANATION. YOU HAVE 7 DAYS TO GET A FULL REFUND.

IF YOU STAY AFTER 7 DAYS YOU WILL PAY MONTHLY UNTIL THE AMOUNT IS PAID IN FULL. ONCE YOU GET YOUR CERTIFICATE IF YOU DONT FIND A JOB OR THEY DONT HELP YOU FIND A JOB IN 6 MONTHS YOU WILL GET A FULL REFUND. ITS SELF EXPLANATORY AND I DONT KNOW WHY EVERYONE IS SO PISSED. IT STATED IT RIGHT ONLINB AS WELL.

YOU ARE NOT REQUIRED TO PAY FOR THE WHOLE AMOOUNT UP FRONT AND THEY GIVE YOU 24 MONTHS INTEREST FREE TO PAY IT BACK. YOU SHOUDL HAVE AN IDEA AFTER 7 DAYS WETHER OR NOT THIS IS THE RIGHT CAREER PATH FOR YOU., DO YOURE RESEARCH FIRST!!

@me

Take a course with them and try to get a job in that field and if you don't try to get your money back it doesn't happen they lie!!

Thank you for giving US Career Institute the opportunity to respond to your comments. We have read your complaint and strongly suggest you contact our Student Services Department as soon as possible.

That number is 1-800-347-7899. U.S. Career Institute is committed to helping our students in all facets of their enrollment, including resolving payment difficulties in a professional manner. Because of this, US Career Institute will not discuss individual student issues in a public forum and instead urges you to call us so we can quickly resolve your payment concerns.

Thank you again for the opportunity to assist you.

U.S. Career Institute

leslieb

Hi,

You need to call the school at 800-347-7899, ext 4534 to speak with a supervisor at U.S. Career Institute regarding your delinquent account status.