4.3K views

The problem with USCI, is not that you aren't legitimate. It is that you are dishonest in your advertising. People come to you and pay you for the guidance you promise and then you shut them down. The success promise program exists but the minute someone makes a mistake and forgets or misses an assignment you shut them down. I missed an assignment in the GE200 course that is required for eligibility for a refund and you kicked me out of the course via email. I know most people take that course in an effort to have a refund be an option but I was taking that course for educational purposes. I begged and pleaded with anyone who would listen to be let back in the course. I also offered to sign a waiver saying that I wouldn't come back for a refund if I didn't get a job and you still denied me re- entry. USCI DENIED ME MY RIGHT AS A PAYING CUSTOMER TO GET MY FULL EDUCATION THAT I PAID FOR AND AM STILL PAYING FOR. I DON'T WANT MY MONEY BACK. I WANT MY EDUCATION I WAS PROMISED.

I WAS GOING TO TAKE THE ASSOCIATES COURSE FOR MEDICAL CODING AND BILLING AS WELL AND AFTER THIS I WON'T. (ITS NOT A BIG DEAL TO THEM. THERE ARE ENOUGH SUCKERS OUT THERE THAT WILL TAKE THE BAIT. I JUST FEEL BETTER KNOWING THAT I WON'T GIVE THEM ANYMORE OF MY BUSINESS)

The saddest thing about this whole situation is that in order to be taken seriously by the USCI administration, I have to resort to hitting all the scam report sites and also report you to the BBB of Colorado.

I have looked up all the scam complaint sights about USCI AND WESTON DISTANCE LEARNING AND NOTICED THAT THERE IS SOMEONE FROM USCI DEFENDING YOU GUYS ON EVERY WEBSITE THAT IS BASHING YOU IN SOME WAY. NOT TO MENTION YOU GUYS KEENLY INSERT A LITTLE TIDBIT OF HOW AWESOME YOU ARE AND SNEAK IN A LINK TO FOLLOW. YOUR DEFENSE IS ALSO AN ADVERTISEMENT......SHOCKER.

"We are fully accredited by the Accrediting Commission of the

Distance Education and Training Council (DETC). The DETC Accrediting Commission defines, maintains, and promotes educational excellence in distance education

institutions. " I URGE READERS TO LOOK UP HOW "RECOGNIZED" THE DETC IS AMONGST INSTITUTIONS.

"All of our courses are distance learning, meaning they’re

flexible and allow you to study and progress at your own pace. The materials we provide are easy to understand and customized for our students." TRUE. BUT ALL TESTS ARE OPEN BOOK AND IF YOU AREN'T MOTIVATED TO TRULY TEACH YOURSELF THEN YOU EARN NOTHING. YOU WILL HAVE TO BE CERTIFIED BY A REAL CODING ORGANIZATION (AAPC, AHIMA) BEFORE PEOPLE WILL EVEN CONSIDER HIRING YOU SO IF YOU DO TAKE THE COURSE, TREAT IT AS IF IT WEREN'T OPEN BOOK BECAUSE YOU DON'T GET THAT LUXURY WHERE IT REALLY MATTERS. USCI WANTS YOU TO MAKE GOOD GRADES BECAUSE THAT MAKES THEM LOOK BETTER. THEY DON'T CARE IF YOU GET CERTIFIED.

IF YOU ARE LOOKING AT THESE SCAM WEBSITES, THERE IS SOMETHING YOU DON'T TRUST ABOUT THE ADVERTISEMENT OR YOU ALREADY GOT SCREWED OVER AND ARE LOOKING TO VENT LIKE ME. TO DETERMINE WHERE TO GO, I RECOMMEND GOING WITH AAPC OR AHIMA. IF YOU HAVE DOUBTS GO WITH YOUR GUT. I AM JUST ONE OF THE MANY PEOPLE IRRITATED WITH USCI. IF YOU THINK THEY ARE A BETTER FIT FOR YOU THEN BY ALL MEANS SIGN UP! I STRONGLY SUGGEST TALKING TO ONE OF THE 2 CODING ORGANIZATIONS LISTED ABOVE, AAPC OR AHIMA BEFORE YOU DO THOUGH. I WISH I DID.

I AM NOT SAYING THAT YOU WONT LEARN SOMETHING FROM USCI, YOU JUST WON'T LEARN WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW.

Product or Service Mentioned: Us Career Institute Customer Care.

Comments

What in the world are you blabbering about?? You're all over the place.

First, let me address the accreditation thing. You "urge" people to look up DETC to see how "recognized DETC is amongst institutions." That doesn't even make sense. DETC IS the accrediting agency, and institutions are recognized BY DETC as meeting certain standards, thus becoming accredited. If your issue with DETC is their legitimacy as an accrediting body, then bring it up with the U.S.

Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (who, by the way, oversee regional accrediting bodies, or for people like you, "real schools"). The DETC maintains the same standards that regional bodies hold, the only difference being the DETC accredits institutions offering distance education.

Second, you weren't denied your right to an education. You failed to fulfill your obligation. When you sign contracts, educational or other, each party is agreeing to a set of terms or expectations.

For example, you pay us money and we'll send your course materials. You complete ALL of your assignments and exams satisfactorily and on time, then we'll give you an appropriate grade to reflect that achievement. If you missed an assignment, like you stated, then you failed to meet an expectation. And in most schools, if you don't make the grade (literally) then you're removed from the roster.

And in some cases you're ineligible for repeat. Oh, and you still have to pay for it. What I don't understand is if materials are sent at the beginning of the course, you should have enough content to get the gist of the information presented. So if this was an elective, what's all the heartburn about?

And I'm really getting a kick out of the number of people who don't do prior research, then blame the school for "blindsiding" them.

Wake up! Your credentials don't stop at certification/diploma.

You have continuing education, licensure, State and National exams...

And this is all spelled out on the US Career Institute website (with hyperlinks) if you'd just read it.

So stop poo-pooing everyone else for your inadequacies