2.3K views

Paid for Pharmacy tech course and passed it can't find a job doesn't prepare you for the certification exam that pharmacies want you take before they hire you filed a claim with BBB if everyone they ripped off did that they would be out of business don't waste your time or money I asked for help getting an externship at a local pharmacy they said "we don't do that" wtf I'm taking their *** course and they can't make a call to help me get a job in my field of study and their "instructors" don't seem to know much about the class they are in charge of I had to contact mine and tell her the computer messed up one my tests and when she hand graded it she did it wrong

Comments

most people dont realize that UNLESS the school accepts financial aid, when it comes to externs they will not find one for you,i have been on extern before not from here will very soon, but its really not hard to find your own site, treat it like a interview even when talking with a GM or office manager about what you need, for how long, etc it takes some work on our end

This issue happened to me,I made payments every month and only did 2 modules and stop because I felt the course did not have updated material and it seemed like a waste of time and money for me when I did call they said I still have to pay eventhough I do not take the class, its impossible, they should ask fo a little cancelation but not the whole course amount for classes I have not even taken.Now they are asking for a settlement pay. NO way!!!!!!!!!!!

you are going to make it legit like other schools do it, then I will pay.I will not waste my money on incorrect advertisement and wrong information provided, you trying to get money from people with all false add/i think BBB needs to shut your business up. You trying to destroy peoples credit but thats okay, that bill will stay there until i leave the world, I maight consider a lawyer with time.you will see me coming.

U.S.CareerInstitute

Thank you for giving U.S. Career Institute the chance to respond to your concerns.

First and foremost, we’d like to point out that we have many successful graduates of our Pharmacy Technician program.

Our Pharmacy Technician course prepares students for two certification exams; typically we recommend graduates seek certification through the PTCB (Pharmacy Technician Certification Board) for state licensure. The other certification is offered through the (NHA) National Healthcareer Association. Our course is approved by both of these organizations.

Due to the nature of distance education, it is not feasible for us to provide job and intern/externship placement. All of our graduates do receive unlimited career support through our Graduate Services department and are provided with a Career Starter Kit, which includes helpful information regarding the job search.

We would welcome the opportunity to discuss your individual situation and review your options with you.

You can contact us at 1-800-347-7899, Monday-Friday from 7am to 6pm (Mountain time).

U.S. Career Institute

@U.S.CareerInstitute

The problem with USCI, is not that you aren't legitimate. It is that you are dishonest in your advertising.

People come to you and pay you for the guidance you promise and then you shut them down. The success promise program exists but the minute someone makes a mistake and forgets or misses an assignment you shut them down. I missed an assignment in the GE200 course that is required for eligibility for a refund and you kicked me out of the course via email. I know most people take that course in an effort to have a refund be an option but I was taking that course for educational purposes.

I begged and pleaded with anyone who would listen to be let back in the course. I also offered to sign a waiver saying that I wouldn't come back for a refund if I didn't get a job and you still denied me re- entry. USCI DENIED ME MY RIGHT AS A PAYING CUSTOMER TO GET MY FULL EDUCATION THAT I PAID FOR AND AM STILL PAYING FOR. I DON'T WANT MY MONEY BACK.

I WANT MY EDUCATION I WAS PROMISED.

I WAS GOING TO TAKE THE ASSOCIATES COURSE FOR MEDICAL CODING AND BILLING AS WELL AND AFTER THIS I WON'T. (ITS NOT A BIG DEAL TO THEM. THERE ARE ENOUGH SUCKERS OUT THERE THAT WILL TAKE THE BAIT. I JUST FEEL BETTER KNOWING THAT I WON'T GIVE THEM ANYMORE OF MY BUSINESS)

The saddest thing about this whole situation is that in order to be taken seriously by the USCI administration, I have to resort to hitting all the scam report sites and also report you to the BBB of Colorado.

I have looked up all the scam complaint sights about USCI AND WESTON DISTANCE LEARNING AND NOTICED THAT THERE IS SOMEONE FROM USCI DEFENDING YOU GUYS ON EVERY WEBSITE THAT IS BASHING YOU IN SOME WAY.

NOT TO MENTION YOU GUYS KEENLY INSERT A LITTLE TIDBIT OF HOW AWESOME YOU ARE AND SNEAK IN A LINK TO FOLLOW. YOUR DEFENSE IS ALSO AN ADVERTISEMENT......SHOCKER.

"We are fully accredited by the Accrediting Commission of the

Distance Education and Training Council (DETC). The DETC Accrediting Commission defines, maintains, and promotes educational excellence in distance education institutions. " I URGE READERS TO LOOK UP HOW "RECOGNIZED" THE DETC IS AMONGST INSTITUTIONS.

"All of our courses are distance learning, meaning they’re flexible and allow you to study and progress at your own pace. The materials we provide are easy to understand and customized for our students." TRUE. BUT ALL TESTS ARE OPEN BOOK AND IF YOU AREN'T MOTIVATED TO TRULY TEACH YOURSELF THEN YOU EARN NOTHING. YOU WILL HAVE TO BE CERTIFIED BY A REAL CODING ORGANIZATION (AAPC, AHIMA) BEFORE PEOPLE WILL EVEN CONSIDER HIRING YOU SO IF YOU DO TAKE THE COURSE, TREAT IT AS IF IT WEREN'T OPEN BOOK BECAUSE YOU DON'T GET THAT LUXURY WHERE IT REALLY MATTERS.

USCI WANTS YOU TO MAKE GOOD GRADES BECAUSE THAT MAKES THEM LOOK BETTER. THEY DON'T CARE IF YOU GET CERTIFIED. IF YOU ARE LOOKING AT THESE SCAM WEBSITES, THERE IS SOMETHING YOU DON'T TRUST ABOUT THE ADVERTISEMENT OR YOU ALREADY GOT SCREWED OVER AND ARE LOOKING TO VENT LIKE ME. TO DETERMINE WHERE TO GO, I RECOMMEND GOING WITH AAPC OR AHIMA.

IF YOU HAVE DOUBTS GO WITH YOUR GUT. I AM JUST ONE OF THE MANY PEOPLE IRRITATED WITH USCI. IF YOU THINK THEY ARE A BETTER FIT FOR YOU THEN BY ALL MEANS SIGN UP! I STRONGLY SUGGEST TALKING TO ONE OF THE 2 CODING ORGANIZATIONS LISTED ABOVE, AAPC OR AHIMA BEFORE YOU DO THOUGH.

I WISH I DID. I AM NOT SAYING THAT YOU WONT LEARN SOMETHING FROM USCI, YOU JUST WON'T LEARN WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW.

@U.S.CareerInstitute

THis issue happened to me,I made payments evry month and only did 2 modules and stop because I felt the course did not have updated material and it seemed like a waate of time and money for me when I did call they said I still have to pay eventhough I do not take the class, its impossible, they should ask fo a little cancelation but not the whole course amount for classes I have not even taken.Now they are asking for a settlement pay. NO way!!!!!!!!!!! you are going to make it legit like other schools do it, then I will pay.

@titi

How would you even know if the information is updated or not that makes no sense