8.8K views

I completed the medical claims and billing course in 4 months with a 96% GPA. I made monthly payments for my tuition during this time.

I called the school to request my certificate and was told I would not receive it until I paid the remaining balance of the tuition which is about $1,200.

There was no assistance, effort, or guidance regarding job placement. I have looked for medical billing jobs for 6 months and they all require more education than what I had received. I am very disappointed with all the time and effort spent on this course and I have nothing to gain from it. I feel the advertising for US Career Institute is very misleading.

Reason of review: Pricing issue.

I didn't like: Shady pricing, Misleading advertisement.

Comments

It clearly says in the information that you do not graduate until the tuition is paid in full. Also, it also says that they don’t find the job for you but help you prepare for looking for a job. Read the info before signing up next time.

No school is going to give you a certificate until all the tuition is paid and none of them help with job placement. Adults attend this school so they are old enough to find their own jobs and research schools to find out if the program offers what they need to get employment.

New York, New York, United States #1280859

Education is just a business. If you take out a loan for a car/home, you're not going to see your title/deed until your loan is paid in full.

Same applies to this program. If you're making payments directly to the institution, they're not obligated to send your certificate/diploma until your account balance is paid in full. It's not rocket science.

Also, US Career Institute isn't an employment agency. They don't offer "job placement." They have "coaches" that will answer questions and offer advice on how to use your credentials.

Once you've received them.

After you've paid your balance.

Oh, and it's YOUR job to research job requirements. It's no one's fault but your own that you don't have enough education to qualify for a position.

Did you really think you would get your proof of completion "certification" from this company when you still owed them money? That is just ignorance on your part.

Thank you for your comment. I was going to call them to inquire a little more about their program, but you have just saved me.

#1020780

You are eligible to take your certification for medical billing encoding. Try national healthcareer association you can get certified .

Gallitzin, Pennsylvania, United States #966720

I am not happy with the advertisement of US career institute. I began with transcription class and was not happy with the progress so I changed to medical coding and billing.

I was still made to pay the transcription course and the coding course. After completing the coding course I had not assistance in job search and the training I received was not adequate to obtain a job.

It has been a year and I am still looking for a job. I also do feel the course prepares you for the certification exams.