Review about Urbane Academics Tutoring Services from Brooklyn, New York
I have sought services from Theratorials/Urbane Academics since the beginning of Nov.and after playing cat and mouse over email finally get the owner by the name of Nzingha West in Dec.!
She runs down what Theratorials offer and how they align to the common core which sound like music to my ears. After paying in advance for an "assessment" and tutotoring in the amount of $240. Ms. West only showed up once to do the "assessment" and collect money (of course).
I am still owed services in the amount of $120 to which I contacted through email, phone, and base camp (which is an app which is supposed to give you updates on your child's progress, but no progress put up on my child's assessment). I receive an email saying they show up to complete the services on Dec. 9th and 11th, but never showed up!
Since then Ms. West has ignored every form of contact from me in order to avoid returning my payments which I repeatedly asked for.
Theratorials policy is no refunds of child is pulled out or misses sessions which I did neither. Nzhinga West did not show up at given dates with no prior warning and no follow up till this day. I have researched Theratorials under Nzingha West and found out that she has another organization by the name of Urbane academics.
This organizations has similar complaints in the BBB and yelp.This particular pattern of no contact after being given funds are the signs of scamming practices
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Product or service
- Urbane Academics Tutoring Services
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "1. "Free" website: They offer a free website where IIN information is at and you can personalize it but can't erase anything from it. Later on they decided to "partner"..."
- "What they say are sample tests are actually illegal copies of the real certification tests with at least half the answers wrong. When I tested for my certification, I..."
- "YESTERDAY I DECIDED TO QUIT DEVRY AFTER 2 1/2 YRS. THE FOLLOWING REASONS WHY I MADE THIS DECISION ARE: FIRST. I SHOULD HAVE DONE MY HOMEWORK ON DEVRY BUT I DID..."
- ". I paid for three year's worth of service in advance in June of 2012. Not only did they show up unprepared to install the bait in the..."
- "We ordered MVP BUNDLE $24.49 which includes 10 pics chicken spicy, 2 large sides, and 5 Biscuits on ads poster. Order taker the person who take care of the order..."
- "I received the "wedding" dress and it looks nothing like the picture. The fabric is cheap. The sleeve were not longsleeve, the buttons don't match the holes.Some of..."
- "Total scam the kit does not cost $39.95 like is advertised (I attached picture) you are billed $123.84 for the kit. In 3 payments of $39.95..Then if you don't cancel..."
- "Had my jeep in for a paint job and was horrified to see that they painted my jeep Red jeep. orange!! I also dealt with the manager Lillie, rude!! And..."
- "Ordered over $100 worth of items on 11/27. Emailed them 3 times now at various email addresses to no avail. Nothing comes back undeliverable so the emails are valid. I..."