Any talent agency that requires you to pay upfront and everything in house before they shoot projects over to you is a SCAM. Urban Talent has been doing this for a long time now.
I also notice they now have been starting to hide their name from their advertising on various sites. They will put "realish" jobs on the listings and then when you contact them, they will have their name on the bottom of the email. They still won't let you know they are from Urban Talent bluntly.
They use fake behind the scene photos that was not one of their projects to lure people in among other unethical marketing practices.
They surprise also use fake people in the initial contact! Check out http://www.urbantalent.com/about-urban/our-staff and the Boise Director with no real name. They start with her in the initial contacts with clients then push you off to someone else.
I also notice they are redirecting and limiting ALL their facebook pages. Yes, you heard right, there is multiple facebook pages :)
Look at real reviews on their facebook, a 3.3 star rating is terrible. It all has to do with forcing people to pay upfront for their classes (starting at 2,000) as well as using their own in house headshots guy. They will tell you if your headshot guy is good, then you can use them but I gave sample headshots from LA and they said it wasn't good enough.
STAY FAR AWAY FROM URBAN TALENT!
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Value for money|
- Reason of review:
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Talent Agency
- Review category
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "My experience with Aspen Dental of Wilkes-Barre, PA was the absolute worst experience that I've ever had with any dentist or dental network. I literally almost died because of a..."
- "Kickrank is a scam. They post their own reviews and use a template based website. Their claims are all fake: they bought an exciting web domain to look older. They..."
- "The back-story (1999): I was living in CA and four and a half months pregnant (after having lost a child in pregnancy at five months the previous year) when my mother,..."
- "I ordered a quilt and sheet set to match, the quilt in King size, the sheets in Queen size. When they arrived, the quilt was the correct size but the sheets..."
- "I work at the Broadway Jimmy John's in Boise, Id and i was nice enough to cover a shift for a co-worker so she could plan for her graduation party..."
- "I live in the same city as Scentsy headquarters, in Meridian Idaho. I have 5 big complaints as a Scentsy consultant. 1. The people who work at Scentsy treat me..."
- "I have no idea who these *** crazy psycho chics were. I am not from the area. I was in town for the night and went here to eat. These..."
- "I purchased a Natuzzi sectional at Macy's 7 months ago. Within about 4 months the cushions started collapsing and the leather wrinkling. Where the recliner lays back it began rubbing..."
- "My father was kind enough to give me a H&D fruit of the month gift, a pricey thing for 12 mos. I live where there is no home delivery of..."