Verified Reviewer

I was verbally threatened by a cashier/enployee at the Urban Plates - Pasadena location on Saturday, 01-13 at 8:40pm. I spoke to a manager earlier in the afternoon about a small mistake with a delivery order earlier in the day.

I appreciated his kind gesture to do a remake after i sent him a photo of the incorrect side item vis email. However, much to my disappintment, when i came in to the restaurant to pick up the order I was confronted, threatened & verbally abused by an employee named Stephanie. Her derogatory comments were beyond insulting. She referred to me as a liar twice said she will not take my orders or make food, called me a pathetic old man & that i was a worthless human being all while other customers & a manager was in close proximity.

I seriously doubt I will return as a frequent customer. I had been a loyal patron for almost 9 years. However, I cannot tolerate an employee threating & verbally absuing me. In addition to following up with Urban Plates Legal & HR departments, I will be contacting my attorney as well as the Pasadena Police Department to describe the incident.

Employees simply have no right to treat customers in this degrading fashion. She was out of line & her disparaging remarks should immediately result in her being terminated. I am a small business owner & I have never been spoken to by employees coworkers or customers in this abusive manner. Her rude behavior was excessive & has legal repercussions.

Additionally, I intend to follow up & escalate this matter until I gain resolution to the issue. MT

User's recommendation: Avoid the employee Stephanie at Urban Plates.

Preferred solution: Stephanie (cashier) at Urban Plates Pasadena location needs to be fired. She threatens & verbally abuses customers and is a litigation liability to the company. .

Urban Plates Pros: Menu.

Urban Plates Cons: Stephanie cashier employee at pasadena location, She threatens loyal customers.

Location: 269 South Lake Avenue, Pasadena, California 91101, United States

Comments

chat-icon

Please avoid publishing any personal information and promotional content

Guest

Why didn't you contact the owner James Kong, about the "horrible comments"? This restaurant has amazing online reviews and the owner is very responsive to any negative ones. Be honest, did you mouth off to this employee, causing her to decide she wasn't going to take it?

Guest

The first thing a lawyer tells their client is " do not discuss the case with any other person, business or group". You have posted your complaint on an international public forum. Good job.

Guest

"pathetic old man" That sounds about right. What did YOU do to get things rolling from a re-make to alleged threats?

Let me guess, a typical old fool who still believes the "customer is king" went in there with his chest puffed out tossing attitude. Now, the old fool got back what the threw and is whining about attornies and the police. I hate to tell you old man, NO ONE CARES... You won't get a case and will be laughed at by your attorney(assuming you have one).

Here's the deal fool. These workers are over people like you and will not hesitate to jump the counter and murk you as the old fool was at the Wendy's.

Do not return to that shop. No one will miss you.

Urban Plates Reviews