Urban Gallery - They are SCAMMERS. Took the money and did not deliver painting for more than a year
On Feb-16-14 I bought a painting for my father on Ebay from seller with nick name "Yosy" (http://www.ebay.com.sg/usr/yosy) , who represented "Urban Gallery" located on the Ben Yehuda street 72 in Tel aviv. phone number: +972 35 24 41 10.
After about 2 weeks I contacted the seller about my purchase because I never received any info on shipment. Seller told me that artist who painted it had passed away and that the delivery of the painting will be delayed because of that. Since then until present seller and I exchanged numerous emails considering the whereabouts of the painting.
First I've been told that painting is in the family museum which is closed while family is mourning, then I've been told that the painting was lost in the warehouse of the gallery I've purchased it from. Later I stopped receiving responses to my emails and no one picked up a phone when I tried to call both the gallery and the person in charge - Adi. In January of 2015 I came to Israel and went to the gallery straight away. There I've heard the "painting is lost" story all over again and I was offered a new painting of the same value or money in return. My father and I decided that we want to receive our money back. The condition of the refund was that the money will be returned to my PayPal account from which I paid for the painting in the first place, but the gallery claimed that they don't have the funds right now and that they have to make a sale in order to pay me back.
They have assured me that they are about to make this sale, the same week to be certain.This conversation took place in august. Since then gallery claims that they haven't sold a single painting and aren't able to pay me back, but I see paintings change every time I go in there. Also it is located on one of the main streets and I find it puzzling how are they managing to pay for the space if they are not making sales. Gallery workers don't take me seriously and even said that they "don't care" that it takes them so long to pay me back. In my opinion, they've sold painting for a bigger price, because it went up when the artist passed away and never saw a threat in me.
Link to the gallery website: http://www.urbangallery972.com/en/
More Review Details
- Reason of review:
- Order processing issue
- Product or service
- Review category
- Auctions and Internet Stores
You May Also Like
- "Dear Sir/Maddam: I have recently ran across a DS company that goes by the name The Wagon Wheel Company. Website: www.wagonwheelcompany.com Face: www.facebook.com/thewagonwheelcompany Owner: Stacy..."
- "Bought a costume from Light In The Box for my Halloween party. It was delayed and after i complained about it they sent me my order. But when i got..."
- "Sob story Elizabeth white claimed her mom dying of cancer, job takes too much time need to get rid of horses to good home - total scam! Horses originally in..."
- "I just got a Sony MDR-XB400 Extra Bass Over the Ear Headphones Black but the product is not look exactly like it should be in Lazada' page...."
- "I fell for the lovely vintage leather wrap watch, reduced from £24.99 to £4.99. plus £3.75 p&p. Total £8.74. 'IN STOCK, fast delivery 2-4 days' 'Money back guarantee.' But time passed..."
- "Goldsworthys Hairdressing Salon, Swindon, Wiltshire, UK . . . . . . The owner of this salon was a family friend for over 30 years and my hairdresser for over..."
- "Tried to order a watch online from replicahaus.ca for my daughter for Christmas. They sent the wrong watch and tried to tell me I was the one who screwed up..."
- "HI i recently purchased the instyler max, as i was letting it heat up to full capacity i had it sitting on the so called heat pad and lucky i..."
- "I'm a 64 year old male, fit and healthy, with no history of allergies. I purchased a standard size Mypillow and received it mid October, 2016. It worked as advertised..."