I just ordered and received my starter coop from The Urban Coop Company in Dripping Springs, Texas.
I was horribly disappointed. It showed up with many of the pieces looking as if they had been cut with a butter knife-- shards of wood that splintered out like heavy fraying.
I called to ask what I deemed was a reasonable request into the quality and the girl who answered the phone just replied that they had Never! Had! that response before.
So I just put the $600.00 mistake together-- after four hours, and I've put coops together before-- and a grossly incomplete video with a chicken song. The photo instructions were grainy and not helpful. I had to watch the You Tube video so many times that I have the *** song that they used seared into my brain.
When I was done, I found out the bad news. The directions for the coop extension, which were in an entirely different section, basically say take apart half of what you've already done and add the extension.
It.was.***. I really thought about just smashing it at that point.
And what I thought was going to be a super cute Martha Stewart type planter was really taken over by the waterer and feeder- the automatic waterer leaks and is essentially worthless-- and the feeder is just big piece of PVC pipe that costs probably $9.00 total from Home Depot. No room for plants at all. And the feeder and waterer look ridiculously like what they are. Huge White plastic PVC pipe that someone nestled into a now defunct planter.
I wouldn't really care so much except that the little girl at customer service feigned such shock! and the "fix" was just an insult. As if taking the whole thing apart and swapping out pieces--essentially rebuilding the whole fracking thing-- and sending back the other pieces in another container-- was going to make me feel SO much better about being taken advantage of.
So I'm sorry I wasted my money on such a worthless coop. I'd have done better to save up for the Willian's Sonoma coop. Sure, it's expensive, but it's white glove delivery. Not blue collar "here's some marginally milled pieces for you to try to figure out how to put together while we play you a song about kissing chickens!"
How they made it this far as a company, I'll never know.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Product quality and customer service response
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Urban Coop Company Starter Chicken Coop
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "If you are ever in the search for an American Bully, Pitbull style dog DO NOT get one from Christopher Thornton at Bayou Bully Kennels in Minden, Louisiana. He..."
- "pets became infected at humane society !! went in to have gizmo spayed , two day later became ill . took him back in and told us it was very..."
- "WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! Do not take your pets to PetCo in Harker Heights for grooming services. I took my great pyreness mix there to get..."
- "Account canceled in 2013 Funds withdrew in 2014, refunded after a seriously insane fight Then, out of the blue, this 2016 bill! 2015USD for basic plan when actually the website is off..."
- "Many people in the permaculture community have had similar experiences with Nicholas Burtner. Ranging from arrogance and a know-it-all attitude (sadly without knowing it all) to a picture of Jesus..."
- "I installed a set of four Pulstar plugs on my Saturn VUE. After a few months of improved gas mileage my vehicle began having momentary bouts of lost power. After..."
- "FOR THE PAST THREE MONTHS HFC HSBC HAVE BEEN TELLING ME THAT I DONT HAVE HOMEOWNERS INSURANCE . I CONTACTED THEM BY PHONE AND SENT THEM THE REQUIRED INFORMATION AND..."
- "I purchased a whole house system from Rainsoft which included a softener, carbon filter, reverse osmosis, air ionizer and some laundry system thing called a Cleanstart. Well after a year..."
- "Even though I bought an extended warranty. Hudson's won't cover me after the leather started to peel off like the cheap leather jacket I bought at the outlet store. Never..."