Dallas, Texas
100% full Not resolved

I just ordered and received my starter coop from The Urban Coop Company in Dripping Springs, Texas.

I was horribly disappointed. It showed up with many of the pieces looking as if they had been cut with a butter knife-- shards of wood that splintered out like heavy fraying.

I called to ask what I deemed was a reasonable request into the quality and the girl who answered the phone just replied that they had Never! Had! that response before.

So I just put the $600.00 mistake together-- after four hours, and I've put coops together before-- and a grossly incomplete video with a chicken song. The photo instructions were grainy and not helpful. I had to watch the You Tube video so many times that I have the *** song that they used seared into my brain.

When I was done, I found out the bad news. The directions for the coop extension, which were in an entirely different section, basically say take apart half of what you've already done and add the extension.

It.was.***. I really thought about just smashing it at that point.

And what I thought was going to be a super cute Martha Stewart type planter was really taken over by the waterer and feeder- the automatic waterer leaks and is essentially worthless-- and the feeder is just big piece of PVC pipe that costs probably $9.00 total from Home Depot. No room for plants at all. And the feeder and waterer look ridiculously like what they are. Huge White plastic PVC pipe that someone nestled into a now defunct planter.

I wouldn't really care so much except that the little girl at customer service feigned such shock! and the "fix" was just an insult. As if taking the whole thing apart and swapping out pieces--essentially rebuilding the whole fracking thing-- and sending back the other pieces in another container-- was going to make me feel SO much better about being taken advantage of.

So I'm sorry I wasted my money on such a worthless coop. I'd have done better to save up for the Willian's Sonoma coop. Sure, it's expensive, but it's white glove delivery. Not blue collar "here's some marginally milled pieces for you to try to figure out how to put together while we play you a song about kissing chickens!"

How they made it this far as a company, I'll never know.

Review about: Urban Coop Company Starter Chicken Coop.

I liked: Idea.

I didn't like: Product quality and customer service response.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Poor customer service / $600
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Urban Coop?

Submit review

Comments

We are very sorry that this customer is so dissatisfied with her purchase.

In this instance we offered the following to the customer:

1.To drive to her location and swap out any and all parts that she found unacceptable.

or

To drive to her location, pick up the coop and refund 100% of her purchase price.

The customer refused both. We take great pride in the coops we build and take all complaints about our products very seriously. It is very important to us that our customers are satisfied with their coop purchase and we would have liked to work with the customer to make her happy.

We are sorry that she has chosen to be dissatisfied.Reply