I just ordered and received my starter coop from The Urban Coop Company in Dripping Springs, Texas.
I was horribly disappointed. It showed up with many of the pieces looking as if they had been cut with a butter knife-- shards of wood that splintered out like heavy fraying.
I called to ask what I deemed was a reasonable request into the quality and the girl who answered the phone just replied that they had Never! Had! that response before.
So I just put the $600.00 mistake together-- after four hours, and I've put coops together before-- and a grossly incomplete video with a chicken song. The photo instructions were grainy and not helpful. I had to watch the You Tube video so many times that I have the *** song that they used seared into my brain.
When I was done, I found out the bad news. The directions for the coop extension, which were in an entirely different section, basically say take apart half of what you've already done and add the extension.
It.was.***. I really thought about just smashing it at that point.
And what I thought was going to be a super cute Martha Stewart type planter was really taken over by the waterer and feeder- the automatic waterer leaks and is essentially worthless-- and the feeder is just big piece of PVC pipe that costs probably $9.00 total from Home Depot. No room for plants at all. And the feeder and waterer look ridiculously like what they are. Huge White plastic PVC pipe that someone nestled into a now defunct planter.
I wouldn't really care so much except that the little girl at customer service feigned such shock! and the "fix" was just an insult. As if taking the whole thing apart and swapping out pieces--essentially rebuilding the whole fracking thing-- and sending back the other pieces in another container-- was going to make me feel SO much better about being taken advantage of.
So I'm sorry I wasted my money on such a worthless coop. I'd have done better to save up for the Willian's Sonoma coop. Sure, it's expensive, but it's white glove delivery. Not blue collar "here's some marginally milled pieces for you to try to figure out how to put together while we play you a song about kissing chickens!"
How they made it this far as a company, I'll never know.
More Review Details
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Product quality and customer service response
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Urban Coop Company Starter Chicken Coop
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Hi my name is Beverly... I live in Tidewater Virginia..... Jeff has always been kind and friendly... He was able to teach me how to set up a..."
- "Laura Shaw according to her web site wants you to believe her dogs live in paradise. What she fails to do is show you how they really live. Enclosed is..."
- "On May 23, my baby Junki (2 years and 3 months old) passed away from kidney failure caused by a liver shunt (which are known to be hereditary). We've..."
- "I bought Rosetta Stone's Spanish download for Mac for 250 bucks. It crashed constantly, was hard to use, and they're constantly trying to get you to "upgrade" to more expensive..."
- "We got a new roof that is now in our falling piece by piece in to our yard. This is not the first time either. September 20th is when the..."
- "Hi all of you. My name is Rachel Mirelez. I have been with preview models for coming up on a year and It has been the most amazing experience ever...."
- "This is my first consumer review ever written because I feel so strongly about the disappointing, terrible experience I had with Balsam Hill. I decided to splurge and pay a..."
- "Placed an order with little credit,therefore.I was requested a deposit of half the order cost. Paid for the item in advance a Craftan 14.95 that cost me 22.59 with all..."
- "I pay about $100 per month to get 75mbs down / 35mbs up speeds from Verizon FIOS. They don't deliver what they say they will.This tool is what Verizon..."