I just ordered and received my starter coop from The Urban Coop Company in Dripping Springs, Texas.
I was horribly disappointed. It showed up with many of the pieces looking as if they had been cut with a butter knife-- shards of wood that splintered out like heavy fraying.
I called to ask what I deemed was a reasonable request into the quality and the girl who answered the phone just replied that they had Never! Had! that response before.
So I just put the $600.00 mistake together-- after four hours, and I've put coops together before-- and a grossly incomplete video with a chicken song. The photo instructions were grainy and not helpful. I had to watch the You Tube video so many times that I have the *** song that they used seared into my brain.
When I was done, I found out the bad news. The directions for the coop extension, which were in an entirely different section, basically say take apart half of what you've already done and add the extension.
It.was.***. I really thought about just smashing it at that point.
And what I thought was going to be a super cute Martha Stewart type planter was really taken over by the waterer and feeder- the automatic waterer leaks and is essentially worthless-- and the feeder is just big piece of PVC pipe that costs probably $9.00 total from Home Depot. No room for plants at all. And the feeder and waterer look ridiculously like what they are. Huge White plastic PVC pipe that someone nestled into a now defunct planter.
I wouldn't really care so much except that the little girl at customer service feigned such shock! and the "fix" was just an insult. As if taking the whole thing apart and swapping out pieces--essentially rebuilding the whole fracking thing-- and sending back the other pieces in another container-- was going to make me feel SO much better about being taken advantage of.
So I'm sorry I wasted my money on such a worthless coop. I'd have done better to save up for the Willian's Sonoma coop. Sure, it's expensive, but it's white glove delivery. Not blue collar "here's some marginally milled pieces for you to try to figure out how to put together while we play you a song about kissing chickens!"
How they made it this far as a company, I'll never know.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Product quality and customer service response
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Urban Coop Company Starter Chicken Coop
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "Look up on internet George Doyle, Brian Ashford-selling sick-half dead pups! The pics you see are Fake! They are being sued Again! they just got over $1200 out of me...."
- "Michelle Adoreable Bulldogs is very unprofessional she lies about her dogs and she lies about fixing the issues. She co owns and uses frozen sperm and has no clue what..."
- "Balto passed away 16 days after his third birthday, on August 18, 2016 from complications from cervical spinal stenosis. I do not own any kennels, I am a school teacher..."
- "I can't return men items. I'm a very good customer for at least ten years. I pay every month on time. I've NEVER returned anything. Please make an exception. You..."
- "I just got my windows installed by Window World of Atlanta about a month ago. My windows are fogging. The funny thing is only the windows installed by Window World..."
- "Bushnell, IL Dollar General is AWFUL! It is UNORGANIZED, FILTHY, and RUDE. This Dollar General is a disaster as soon as you enter the Store. There are CLUTTER all over,..."
- "I am SO angry right now. I have 4 pictures I took immediately after getting my book from the mailbox. The package is totally RIPPED open. My book is torn,..."
- "I bought an expensive Brinkmann charcoal grill a few years ago. This grill constantly rusts or breaks, so I have to order part after part after part. This..."
- " Self deception, conflicts of interest, a feeling of possible corruption, and completely abandoning moral fiber are all words I would use to describe the owners..."