I just ordered and received my starter coop from The Urban Coop Company in Dripping Springs, Texas.
I was horribly disappointed. It showed up with many of the pieces looking as if they had been cut with a butter knife-- shards of wood that splintered out like heavy fraying.
I called to ask what I deemed was a reasonable request into the quality and the girl who answered the phone just replied that they had Never! Had! that response before.
So I just put the $600.00 mistake together-- after four hours, and I've put coops together before-- and a grossly incomplete video with a chicken song. The photo instructions were grainy and not helpful. I had to watch the You Tube video so many times that I have the *** song that they used seared into my brain.
When I was done, I found out the bad news. The directions for the coop extension, which were in an entirely different section, basically say take apart half of what you've already done and add the extension.
It.was.***. I really thought about just smashing it at that point.
And what I thought was going to be a super cute Martha Stewart type planter was really taken over by the waterer and feeder- the automatic waterer leaks and is essentially worthless-- and the feeder is just big piece of PVC pipe that costs probably $9.00 total from Home Depot. No room for plants at all. And the feeder and waterer look ridiculously like what they are. Huge White plastic PVC pipe that someone nestled into a now defunct planter.
I wouldn't really care so much except that the little girl at customer service feigned such shock! and the "fix" was just an insult. As if taking the whole thing apart and swapping out pieces--essentially rebuilding the whole fracking thing-- and sending back the other pieces in another container-- was going to make me feel SO much better about being taken advantage of.
So I'm sorry I wasted my money on such a worthless coop. I'd have done better to save up for the Willian's Sonoma coop. Sure, it's expensive, but it's white glove delivery. Not blue collar "here's some marginally milled pieces for you to try to figure out how to put together while we play you a song about kissing chickens!"
How they made it this far as a company, I'll never know.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Product quality and customer service response
- Reason of review:
- Poor customer service
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Urban Coop Company Starter Chicken Coop
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "DO NOT GO TO GRANT, The rude groomer manager, that gave us an awful attitude, and a lame excuse for a lion haircut for our pomeranian, left him looking ridiculous,..."
- "I purchased a puppy on 8/7/16 and it was to be shipped on 8/26/16 an hour before the flight I got a call from a Suli Hernandez stating that the..."
- "Look up on internet George Doyle, Brian Ashford-selling sick-half dead pups! The pics you see are Fake! They are being sued Again! they just got over $1200 out of me...."
- "I thought I had somehow infected my upper lip. My P.A. put me on oral antibiotic and a cream antibiotic. The condition worsened. I was..."
- "Jessica: Hi! How can I help you today? You: I see that their is a waived $20 upgrade fee if I order online, but when I go to checkout it shows..."
- "I went to dinner in the lower Greenville area of Dallas TX and went to a birthday party after. At 2:30 AM I discovered that I was towed from the..."
- "I "purchased" a camera from a 2016 Black Friday special; Nikon d3400 for $349. Great price but not so great that it seemed unreal. It took several days just to..."
- "This is the worst place to go!!!! Employees are idiots or something!!! After making wait more than 5 minutes to take my order I ask for the mint chocolate swirl..."
- "Kuester has been letting Terra Green Landscaping on Concord, NC, run in and out of the property, circle the property, blow leaves directly into the cars, etc. etc. The BBB..."