Update by user May 25, 2013

ON FRIDAY JUNE 20TH - UNEARTHED STONE FINISHED MY GRANITE TO MY COMPLETE SATISFACTION. MY OVER-REACTION TO THE ISSUE WAS MY FAULT - AND NOT THE FAULT OF UNEARTHED STONE. HENCEFORTH, I WOULD DEFINITELY RECOMMEND UNEARTHED STONE - AS THEY WORKED THROUGH THE ISSUE THAT I HAD INITIALLY AND COMPLETED THE JOB TO OUR COMPLETE SATISFACTION!

Original review posted by user May 19, 2013

CONTRACTED WITH UNEARTHED STONE, 5195 102nd Ave North

Pinellas Park, FL 33782, TO HAVE GRANITE INSTALLED - WHAT THEY SAID WOULD TAKE 3 TO 4 WEEKS TOOK 2 1/2 MONTHS - WITH EXCUSES AND EXCUSES - AND THEN WHEN THEY DID COME OUT TO INSTALL IT - THEY DIDNT FINISH THE JOB.THEY JUST LEFT WHEN I TOLD THEM THAT THEIR WORK WAS SUB PAR AND THAT I WASNT HAPPY WITH THEIR WORK.

WE HAVE LEFT THEM NUMEROUS EMAILS, VOICEMAILS AND THEY WILL NOT RETURN CALLS. THIS HAS BEEN A NIGHTMARE WORKING WITH THIS UNPROFESSIONAL COMPANY.

COMPANY OWNER IS SPENCER RHODES.I'VE NEVER DEALT IN ALL MY YEARS WITH SUCH A TERRIBLE AND UNPROFESSIONAL COMPANY LIKE THIS.

Review about: Unearthed Stone Pinellas Park Fl.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / $1000
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with UNEARTHED STONE?

Comments

UnEarthedStone

Marvin (the customer) fails to give the full story..... He ordered custom counter tops and was told 6-8 weeks as an estimated lead time. It took us 9 weeks. Marvin was extremely angry that it was not completed faster than we estimated, and took that out on us when we did show up to put in his counter tops. We left his house at 6pm on a Friday after telling him we'd have to return to finish his back splash and raised bar, but that his bathroom and kitchen counter tops were in.

It was at that point Marvin told us he was rejecting the job (not going to pay us) and that we did a sub par job because his job had seams in it. As he was told it would by 2 different people, on two different occasions, before he ever put down a deposit with us.

There was nothing wrong with his job, and we were in constant contact via email even after the confrontation at the installation. Marvin has paid me in full for his job.....something that people who reject the quality of your work don't do. Contrary to his posting, there has been no monetary loss, materials withheld,.....etc. Marvin paid for the fabrication of stone, and received that. His contract stated installation was free, and he received that as well.

This guy is just trying to anonymously rant because we didnt finish the job sooner than he had hoped, even when he was told it wouldnt happen that fast right up front. He blew a fuse when he was told we weren't going to be able to finish in a day, and...

Sometimes the customer is the problem, not the other way around. Here's an email from Marvin dated May 21st......3 days after he wrote the review above:

"thanks and I;m sorry for the trouble. You were right - once i took the emotion out of it - it was more clear. Thanks again for your patience. Do you have an expected time when you think you may arrive? See yea Friday - my wife cant wait for the granite to be done!"

Sounds like someone who has dealt with the most terrible and unprofessional company in his life doesn't it? :? :?

Feel free to contact my company for a full "transcript" of the events between Marvin and I, and all communications between us to make your own fair and un biased opinions concerning the events Marvin paints above vs. what ACTUALLY happened.