UnbeatableSales misleading customers: Faucet missing vital parts
Update added by user Jan 08, 2015
Instead of correcting their misleading eBay listing and being honest, UnbeatableSales offered me $25 discount on a next purchase (never again) if I removed my negative eBay rating. I declined the bribe.
Original review posted by user Jan 08, 2015
Did my research at local stores and online, looking for a 3 part, deck mount, tub filler faucet.Narrowed it down to brand and model available at local stores for less than $200.
Unbeatablesales ad stated "BrandName Faucet" with an unformatted blob of text description for $252. It said: "Required roughy-in valve included". When the expensive faucet arrived, there was no faucet per se, (no rough-in valve or stems), just the empty handles and the center spigot. The actual valve and stems (called "rough-in") are an additional $95.
The box the empty faucet was in did not say "faucet" but clearly said "Trim". The box was open, not sealed and was not a retail box. It looked as if the trim and the rough-in had been separated to be sold individually. With misleading and buried description in the unformated text description.
When I called to ask for the rest of the faucet, the rep read the same description I had seen and concluded that the warehouse must have made a mistake. After several days of waiting, I received a very short email telling me to buy the rough-in kit because it was not included. Several emails and calls later, I insisted that they refund my money and send me an RMA and shipping label. The rep was very annoyed and exasperated but I insisted.
I was lucky to have ordered through eBay because eBay provides buyer protection. I will make sure to stay clear of this seller at all costs. Same eBay misleading faucet ad has been reposted as-is.
Buyer beware, you may not have the energy, time and patience to get your money back.Stay clear.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
What I liked
- Ebay mandated refund
What I disliked
- False ad
- Reason of review:
- Problem with delivery
- Product or service
- Tub Filler Faucet
- Review category
- Auctions and Internet Stores
You May Also Like
- "Sob story Elizabeth white claimed her mom dying of cancer, job takes too much time need to get rid of horses to good home - total scam! Horses originally in..."
- "I just want to warn everyone who are planning to buy cheap shoes with them. I found them on Instagram and from Marikina. They are actually cheap made and bad..."
- "BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE. A SELLER SOLD ME A WATCH AND WHEN IT ARRIVED IT WAS NOT EVEN THE SAME WATCH, NOR WAS IT AUTHENTIC. I RETURNED IT TO TRADESY AND..."
- "Chrysler Capital Auto Leasing refuses to terminate lease dismisses or acknowledge that they failed in Specific Performance on their contract by negating malfunctioning Jeep vehicle problems........ FCA Recall S55/NHSTA 16V-529..."
- "I put my checking account information in for ACH payment one Dec. 3, 2016 checked my account weeks later. It showed the payment went through and the balance left was..."
- "proof is everything.. NANCY TAYLOR IS A DISTURBED INDIVIDUAL WHO IS HIDING BEHIND A SMALL CLEANING BUSINESS .... FROM CONFLICTING STATEMENTS IN HER BUSINESS CHARTER TO FALSE & CONFLICTING STATEMENTS..."
- "Major leaks and Camping world and Keystone laugh and do nothing it was under warranty when this started now Ive owned it almost 3 years and its moldy and in..."
- "Bought Go Walk Skechers and noticed when I walked the shoe would grab the floor. I was walking on a sidewalk and shoe stuck. I fell and broke my..."
- "I ordered this coat and was highly disappointed once I received it. The coat was extremely large underneath; however, it did fit from head to tail on the top. As..."