Resolved

Update by user Jan 08, 2015

Instead of correcting their misleading eBay listing and being honest, UnbeatableSales offered me $25 discount on a next purchase (never again) if I removed my negative eBay rating. I declined the bribe.

Original review posted by user Jan 08, 2015

Did my research at local stores and online, looking for a 3 part, deck mount, tub filler faucet.Narrowed it down to brand and model available at local stores for less than $200.

Related: Don't Buy from UnbeatableSale !

Unbeatablesales ad stated "BrandName Faucet" with an unformatted blob of text description for $252. It said: "Required roughy-in valve included". When the expensive faucet arrived, there was no faucet per se, (no rough-in valve or stems), just the empty handles and the center spigot. The actual valve and stems (called "rough-in") are an additional $95.

The box the empty faucet was in did not say "faucet" but clearly said "Trim". The box was open, not sealed and was not a retail box. It looked as if the trim and the rough-in had been separated to be sold individually. With misleading and buried description in the unformated text description.

When I called to ask for the rest of the faucet, the rep read the same description I had seen and concluded that the warehouse must have made a mistake. After several days of waiting, I received a very short email telling me to buy the rough-in kit because it was not included. Several emails and calls later, I insisted that they refund my money and send me an RMA and shipping label. The rep was very annoyed and exasperated but I insisted.

I was lucky to have ordered through eBay because eBay provides buyer protection. I will make sure to stay clear of this seller at all costs. Same eBay misleading faucet ad has been reposted as-is.

Buyer beware, you may not have the energy, time and patience to get your money back.Stay clear.

Review about: Tub Filler Faucet.

I liked: Ebay mandated refund.

I didn't like: False ad.

1.2
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Problem with delivery / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with UnbeatableSale?

Comments

CeCe2013

Report them to the BBB in your area, that's what I did.