Louisville, Kentucky

STAY AWAY - THEY ARE SCAMMERS. RELEASE YOUR CARD INFORMATION TO THEM AT YOUR OWN RISK! I'M A VICTIM. INSTEAD OF CHARGING $19 A MONTH LIKE THEY CLAIM, I GOT A BILL FROM POWERSPORT SUPERSTORE ($178), REDBOX DVDRESERVATION ($1.63) AND ETSY.COM($178) IMMEDIATELY AFTER RELEASING THIS INFORMATION TO THEM.

I SWITCHED FROM PTEL BECAUSE THEY ARE WINDING UP THEIR OPERATIONS, SO THEY SENT OUT SMS TO SWITCH ULTRA AND SOME OTHER RECOMMENDED NETWORKS. THEY PROMISED WE WOULD GET $10 DISCOUNT WHEN WE SWITCH.

I DID SWITCH AND CALLED TO CLAIM THE DISCOUNT, AND ALAS THE OTHER GUY ON THE PHONE WITH ASIAN ACCENT RETORTED: " WHO TOLD YOU WE'RE GIVING OUT $10?" I WENT BALLISTIC ON HIM, I WAS SO PEEVED THAT I WAS YELLING AT THE TOP OF MY VOICE.

SO I CALLED AGAIN TO GET THE NECESSARY INFORMATION FOR PORTING TO OTHER NETWORK. WEEKS LATER I RECEIVED A CALL AGAIN WITH A PROMISE TO FULFILL THE DISCOUNT, I GAVE ALL MY CARD INFORMATION AGAIN, AND IMMEDIATELY I WAS BILLED AS ATTACHED.

YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!

Review about: Ultra Mobile Billing Department.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Problems with payment / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Ultra Mobile?

Comments

100% right.I got a call to receive $5 applied to my $19 a month plan 2 days after retrieving my user ID and password from Ultra to port to other network.

Here's the thing: the scammer has all my information, including the last 4 digits of my credit card, but he needs me to provide the first 12 digits, zip code and the 3 digits cvv code on the back of my card.

I played along and I gave the wrong last 4 digits and he knew right away!

If I hadn't read this complaint I would've fell victim to this scam.

It's sorta like a parting gift to customers trying to port to other networks.Horrible network.