UBuildit - Indianapolis - Disappointed - Over promised and under delivered
Tough to articulate....more than 20 months building a new house. Nicest guys that one might find in the building trades.
In a nutshell, "over promised and under delivered".
Company has abandoned my wife when she asked to company to sit down to review their "punch out list'.
Nice guys to be sure, but intellectual, mental, & emotional anguish trying to work with them has taken a toll far greater than than their fees or their failed promises. A friend and I will finish the new home on our own because UBI have left us stranded with the home 90% completed.
I'm not "pissed" because as stated, very congenial guys who may simply lack the business acumen or may not have found a good fit trying to do a custom home. My wife nor I will say negative comments about these guys because perhaps they were simply in "over their heads" by trying promising to work with us and frustrated because they could not finish the job. By hanging in there with UBI our costs overruns amount to 16.1% more than budgeted because of re-do's and errors of commission or omission made by their company.
After 21 months with a building that should be ready to move into but still inhabitable because no power for our computers and only recently having to find my own plumber to install our tankless water heater. We had hoped at the onset of our project that our home might be a reference account for our fiends at UBI. Broken dreams?
Not trashing UBI - Indianapolis....just a caveat emptor to others.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Building Services
- Review category
- Home Construction and Repair
You May Also Like
- "Let this video speak for itself. The lowest bidder does the work. The super was a really nice guy but he had no experience with residential building, I..."
- "Have a seat. This is going to take a while. I’ll try to keep it short and just give the facts, but there is a lot of them..."
- "We paid a handsome price to have our parking lot Tar & Chipped rather than re-pave which is considerably more expensive. The product did not hold up and within a couple..."
- "My husband went to CVS and purchased a MoneyPak by Greendot card and loaded $400. He came home and follow instructions to activate his prepaid card with the $400 online...."
- "My husband and I purchased a $600.00 recliner about the last week of August 2016. First week of September the chair looked as if it was purchased 10 years prior...."
- "A few months ago I purchased Highster Mobile Cell Phone Spy software for 69 dollars. The site at http://highstermobile.com did not indicate anything about purchasing a monthly subscription so I..."
- "I booked a tour in January for Spain named "Spanish wonder" which will start on June 5th this year.I got a single deal and was sure that it means that..."
- "I recently shipped out a $900 Acer Aspire Touch 17" Laptop to be repaired. It had a shattered laptop screen at the top right-hand corner. I have insurance through Asurion..."
- " We bought a $1600 electric reclining couch and they've been out to repair the cushions half a dozen times and it still isn't right I don't know what..."