I would give San Diego Two Men and a Truck 0 stars if I could. I have moved 18 times in my life and never have I had such an awful experience. First of all, it took two men 90 minutes to remove a headboard from a frame and load the following: a queen size mattress and box spring (split) and headboard, a sleeper sofa, a tiny filing cabinet, a small glass table, and three 3 boxes and two trash bags with bedding in it. In the process of loading the sleeper sofa they gashed the door frame and put the sofa upside down on a dolly and dragged the one arm across the asphalt and put a big tear in the arm of my $1400 sofa. I left a little before them to get to the storage unit and they claimed it took them 27 minutes to drive 6.5 miles. I just made the trip 30 minutes before them (they were still loading the sofa when I left) and it took me 12 minutes. That would make his speed about 15 mph and half of the 6.5 mile trip was on the 15. Of course there is a financial advantage to pad the travel time because the travel time from point A to Point B is doubled by CA law. Not only that but my roommate texted me when they left the house and I know when they arrived at the storage unit. SImple fact, they lied about the time. So they charged me 54 minutes of travel time for a 6.5 mile move.
Until it was all said and done, they wanted to charge me 3.5 hours to move a sofa, a bed, two VERY small pieces of furniture and 3 boxes and two garbage bags going only 6.5 miles.
Now, here comes the most insulting part of this entire experience. First of all, the movers tried to hide the fact that they had damaged my sofa. The damage was on the back top of the arm. When it came off of the truck it was on the dolly UPSIDE DOWN and the damage was concealed. Hmmm. Yep, they were going to just slide it right into that storage unit and I would be none the wiser. As irritated as I was with how slowly they were moving, that $40 tip was still in my pocket and I planned on giving it to the UNTIL I realized they tried to conceal the damage they had done. Okay now just to add insult to insult to injury, the company wanted to give me $25 for my damaged sofa bed and no one said a word about the damaged door frame even though I had sent the company pictures of the damage. The insurance covers .66 per lb. Who in their right mind would think a sleeper sofa weighs less than a small child (38 lbs. in fact). Then the driver refused to give me any paperwork because I refused to sign anything until I spoke to the office. When I did speak to the office they asked me to give them 5 business days to have someone get in touch me. I actually gave them 10 business days. It has been 2 weeks sine the move and I can't even get a call back to file a claim for the measly $160 the insurance covers. Neither the movers nor the company have handled this professionally and you will be making a HUGE MISTAKE if you use Two Men and A Truck. Take if from someone with 18 moving experiences.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Value for money|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Yelled and berated a pregnant woman while holding a 2 year old
- Product or service
- Review category
- Transportation and Storage
You May Also Like
- "We moved from OH to KS.Legally they had 21 days to get here.The day after, they get here.We called Karin, the dispatcher, several times, continuing to lie about the ETA,..."
- "Absolute nightmare. Due to a roof leak, nearly all of my belongings have been destroyed by black mold and mildew. Even if I had chosen the elective insurance..."
- "On June 5, 2012, Joseph Hoskins from United Transport provided me with a Binding Moving Estimate of $3904.80 for a Full Service Relocation. On June 6, I completed a..."
- "We already left a review of Charles Brzezinski and CBCS but please disregard that review as it was forced out of us because Charles held our project hostage until my..."
- "I would like to ensure that all fellow Costco Members and consumers are aware of the lack of customer service and assistance when dealing with products that are damaged/defective straight..."
- "I had read several reviews that painted this site in a bad light. I then continued my research and watched a few youtube review videos. After I did that, I..."
- "Dear Sir/Madam; Good day!I've been calling your customer service and waiting for 20 minutes everytime i call, unfortunately never answered at all. Anyway,may i request your good office for a"..."
- "I am very, very, very dissatisfied with Telmex. It does need a very long time before I'm getting upset. It's my personality as well I spend several years as a..."
- "I found this on the internet, hoping it is easy to use. I wanted a working cheat for Cooking Fever. Then it asks for username and amount of coins and..."