I would give San Diego Two Men and a Truck 0 stars if I could. I have moved 18 times in my life and never have I had such an awful experience. First of all, it took two men 90 minutes to remove a headboard from a frame and load the following: a queen size mattress and box spring (split) and headboard, a sleeper sofa, a tiny filing cabinet, a small glass table, and three 3 boxes and two trash bags with bedding in it. In the process of loading the sleeper sofa they gashed the door frame and put the sofa upside down on a dolly and dragged the one arm across the asphalt and put a big tear in the arm of my $1400 sofa. I left a little before them to get to the storage unit and they claimed it took them 27 minutes to drive 6.5 miles. I just made the trip 30 minutes before them (they were still loading the sofa when I left) and it took me 12 minutes. That would make his speed about 15 mph and half of the 6.5 mile trip was on the 15. Of course there is a financial advantage to pad the travel time because the travel time from point A to Point B is doubled by CA law. Not only that but my roommate texted me when they left the house and I know when they arrived at the storage unit. SImple fact, they lied about the time. So they charged me 54 minutes of travel time for a 6.5 mile move.
Until it was all said and done, they wanted to charge me 3.5 hours to move a sofa, a bed, two VERY small pieces of furniture and 3 boxes and two garbage bags going only 6.5 miles.
Now, here comes the most insulting part of this entire experience. First of all, the movers tried to hide the fact that they had damaged my sofa. The damage was on the back top of the arm. When it came off of the truck it was on the dolly UPSIDE DOWN and the damage was concealed. Hmmm. Yep, they were going to just slide it right into that storage unit and I would be none the wiser. As irritated as I was with how slowly they were moving, that $40 tip was still in my pocket and I planned on giving it to the UNTIL I realized they tried to conceal the damage they had done. Okay now just to add insult to insult to injury, the company wanted to give me $25 for my damaged sofa bed and no one said a word about the damaged door frame even though I had sent the company pictures of the damage. The insurance covers .66 per lb. Who in their right mind would think a sleeper sofa weighs less than a small child (38 lbs. in fact). Then the driver refused to give me any paperwork because I refused to sign anything until I spoke to the office. When I did speak to the office they asked me to give them 5 business days to have someone get in touch me. I actually gave them 10 business days. It has been 2 weeks sine the move and I can't even get a call back to file a claim for the measly $160 the insurance covers. Neither the movers nor the company have handled this professionally and you will be making a HUGE MISTAKE if you use Two Men and A Truck. Take if from someone with 18 moving experiences.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Value for money|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Yelled and berated a pregnant woman while holding a 2 year old
- Product or service
- Review category
- Transportation and Storage
You May Also Like
- "We moved from OH to KS.Legally they had 21 days to get here.The day after, they get here.We called Karin, the dispatcher, several times, continuing to lie about the ETA,..."
- "Do not use Two men and a truck at the McFarland Alpharetta Georgia location or really anywhere if you can help it. I would give them no stars if I..."
- "I Do NOT recommend AM Trucking and Delivery Service, 714 Montauk Ave., rooklyn, NY 11208, (718) 272-5900: - Missed estimated delivery by 4 days - Don’t know where their drivers are -..."
- "I ordered a 1000 thread count king size sheet set, 100% Egyptian Cotton sheet set and a goose-like down comforter. Impressed by the price of $49 on the sheet..."
- "Bought the complete system thru Costco QT548 plus 6 QM6006B cameras. DVR works great but cameras need to be reset every time that you start up the system or else..."
- "Horrible customer service! I've had to contact them several times withing the first year of service because our cable kept dropping. After the first year was up, I didn't want..."
- "I wouldn’t advise anyone to ever shop at this Prattville, Alabama location. If I could, I would give them zero (0) stars, but I have to give them at least..."
- "It's a great airline if you like the idea of a flying a city bus. I don't normally do reviews but I had to go out of my way to..."
- " I ordered a T-shirt from TeeChip that was SUPPOSED to be supporting Democrats, I got a completely switched around shirt that supports Republican’s instead. It’s a pretty obvious color..."