Twinkledeals - Low-Quality Products, Late/No Delivery, Terrible Customer Service
About a month and a half before Christmas, Facebook suggested this site called Twinkledeals.com and these leather jackets I might like. They were really cute and when I saw the low price, I thought, "Whoa! This seems way too good to be true!" Aaaaand like an ***, I bought them anyway. Five items in total.
I ordered them on Nov 12. A couple weeks later, I received my first item, a yellow jacket. Upon opening the package, I realized I'd made a huge mistake. The quality of the jacket was clearly poor; the outer fabric was made of a spongy material and didn't look like the image. It still looked like it would fit me fine (I'm 5'4" 130lbs) so I tried it on. I put one arm through, then the other, and then cringed as I felt the inner fabric rip. I took it off and examined it. The inner fabric, which was a cheap silky material, had ripped. Not the kind of rip that can be fixed by stitching it up. I tested the other inner seams and found that by tugging on them ever so slightly, they were already threatening to rip. So since I knew I only had seven days to get a return/refund started (which, in my opinion, is a completely ridiculous policy. 30 days minimum would be better. But my guess is they don't want to give you enough time to return their cheap garbage products). I started a ticket right away, explaining what had happened--that I wanted a refund because this product wasn't even good enough to donate. I included images of the jacket and the rip, and a few days later, they responded. They were very helpful at first and said that they were sorry for the experience, and that they'd refund me what I paid for it, and there was no need to send the jacket back. I was happy, and a fool for believing them.
I received no refund. And when I went back to ask them about it, they had closed my ticket with the instructions to wait 10-15 business days for the refund to clear and to start a new ticket if I had more questions. Since I had ALREADY waited more than fifteen business days, I started a new ticket on Dec 28. Keep in mind, I still had only received the one crappy jacket, out of the five items I'd ordered, and I was wondering A) if I was going to receive them at all, B) if they were going to be terrible quality, and C) if they were, or if they never showed up, would I be able to get a refund for them?
I explained in the ticket what had happened. That I'd already had one ticket (I provided that ticket number), that I still hadn't received a refund after waiting well after the allotted number of days, and that four of my items were still missing. I was very mad at this point, and tactfully but honestly told them so. I told them I didn't want to wait any longer for items that may never even come, and that I wanted a refund.
A few days later, they responded, and asked me to explain what had happened (which I already had), include images (that I'd already submitted in my first ticket), the code on the outer package (which they hadn't asked for before), and THEN they'd be able to offer a solution. They also referred me to the refund policy page, where it talks about how you may be reimbursed with a partial refund if the quality of merchandise is poor, or if you never receive your items. I begrudgingly did what they asked, and told them I would be very upset if I got a partial refund for products I paid full price for and never even received.
I checked as often as I could for their response, but as it was New Years and I have a life (and I'm sure they do as well) I didn't check every day. Today, Jan 7, I received the second of my five items. It's a brown leather jacket. It has the same crappy silk interior which will probably rip, and poor quality faux leather (I'm saying poor even by fake leather standards). The jacket fit fine though, and will be worth wearing until it starts to deteriorate (I'd give it a few wears before that starts to happen).
I checked again on my ticket to update them that I'd finally received my second item and wanted to know where the rest were. But when I logged on, I saw that they had responded. They said they had set up a refund for me for the initial item they said would be refunded, and terminated the ticket without any follow up. No talk of the other three/four missing items, refunds, apologies, or solutions.
I have no clue if the other three items are on their way or gone for forever. I have no clue if I will actually get that refund, or a refund for my still-missing items. All I know is, I will never buy from this company again. They might be a "legitimate" business and not technically a scam, but their products are not worth the wait, the risk, or the homicidal rage. I'm not the type of person to demand refunds, yell at people, or even post something hateful, and I'm not a clothes snob. I guess I just have the expectation that if I pay for a product, I will 1) receive it, 2) not feel like I wasted my money on garbage, 3) not wonder if the company is capable of mailing a package properly, 4) not have to twist arms to keep a ticket open long enough to get a solution. I don't think any of that is too much to ask.
More Review Details
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Product or Service Quality|
- Reason of review:
- Bad quality
- Product or service
- Review category
- Auctions and Internet Stores
You May Also Like
- "All i want is a return address to send back the 2 shirts i ordered, I get no response they don't want to take back 1 shirt has no button..."
- "I ordered some shirts but they are to small, I would like to send them back and get a bigger size, the problem is they did not send..."
- "I ordered two pairs of the LED glowing gloves, for $8.26 per pair. Of the four gloves, only one works (see photo). I was nervous about ordering from the site,..."
- "4500 curry ford rd Orlando fl This is the twistee treat located on Curry Ford Road in Orlando Florida.I noticed I was in the low class ghetto Hispanic section of..."
- "They are horrible. I just got a coat. was supposed to be Medium, but is size XXXS or "zero." Won't fit anyone over the age of 10. I am out..."
- "I purchased a Samsung refrigerator on 11/28 as a Cyber Monday deal. The refrigerator showed as available and ready to ship. I applied for their credit card so I can..."
- "I love love love them. I was scared at first heard all the horror stories but Dr. wick and her staff are the best. They worked with me till I..."
- "My son had eaten 2, until he brought me the 3rd one which he took a *** of! He is 4 yrs old! I looked down to see mold all..."
- "I bought a pair of glasses in April 2015 for $525. The frame "Tiffany" brand cost was $230. In 2 months the color of the frame starting coming..."