Verified Reviewer

1.8

I had my domain registered through Addressthis.com for 40 years. That was a reseller for Tucows.

Without any warning or notice, Addressthis apparently ceased doing business, non-renewed my domain and locked it and disappeared. Tucows (the actual registrar) has absolutely no customer support and no online presence. There are no valid contact numbers or email addresses available. I all email service due to this nonsense.

Oddly, I called a number off of this consumer complaint site that was NOT Tucows but apparently the guy answering the phone was experienced in this issue and gave me an email address to contact.

It took about 48 hours to get my domain unlocked and transferred out and restore my email. The person to contact for this issue is Paul K (Compliance) .

It is totally ridiculous for something like this to occur without notice.

User's recommendation: find a registrar with live contact info.

Location: Seattle, Washington

Comments

chat-icon

Please avoid publishing any personal information and promotional content

Tucows Reviews