Trusted Van Lines - Stolen Moving Truck
On September 2nd, my family and I moved from San Jose to Virginia. I hired Trusted Van Lines (TVL) to do the move for me. On September 2nd, movers from TVL showed up and loaded all of our stuff into their truck. We were renting a large 3-bedroom house in San Jose and had quite a lot of stuff. That night, we took an overnight flight to Virginia.
On September 3rd, I got a call from Diana at Trusted Van Lines. She said something along the lines of "I've got some bad news for you. The moving truck containing your belongings has been stolen."
At first I thought she was joking. Moving trucks aren't supposed to get stolen. It was no joke. If you don't believe any of this really happened, then search google for "trusted van lines". There's an article in the Mercury News about what happened to us. It was also featured on NBC Bay Area news and the video is still up there on the NBC website.
I spent the next 24 hours in a state of complete shock that words can't describe. My brain just shut down and I wasn't able to function. That moving truck had everything my family owned in it. It was more than just things and property - it had our entire lives in it. Someone had stolen our lives from us.
As I came to understand how it happened, my sadness turned into anger. When the movers were done with the move, they drove the truck to TVL's facility on Junction Ave in San Jose and put the keys in some kind of overnight drop slot. The next day, the keys were gone from the office and nobody knows how they were taken.
TVL actually left our moving van, filled with tens of thousands of dollars of property, in an unguarded, unsecured area of their parking lot. The keys were thrown into an overnight dropslot that anyone could have fished them out of.
No surveillance system. No alarm system. No GPS tracking device. They made it very very easy for the truck to be stolen.
If you're reading this review, then before you use TVL or any other moving company, I want you to imagine what you would do if every possession you owned were stolen and never came back. Imagine coming home from work and finding your entire house empty, and left with nothing except the clothes on your back.
Figure out how you're going to rebuild your life from nothing. How are you going to explain to your kids that their bed, clothes, and toys are all gone? Are they going to understand, or are they too young to know what it means for their things to be stolen?
If I had it to do over again, I would not use a moving company. These companies don't care at all what happens to your things. They could care less if they get broken or stolen. They don't take even the most basic steps to protect your things. Many of their employees have criminal records, but we're supposed to trust them to safeguard our valuable possessions? Never, ever, EVER again will I trust a moving company. NEVER AGAIN.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Moving Service
- Review category
You May Also Like
- "I had two speakers that I sold on eBay that I had bought from a retailer brand in original packaging. The exterior of the container clearly showed they were speakers...."
- "Hi LBC,.. I send my baggage last August 29,2014 and it takes 3 months more before my family received...Its ok if its late to arrive but the Thing which I could..."
- "I saw pitbull puppies on Craigslist. No info on the area or owners was given. I texted the number and the lady replied saying she was going to contact me..."
- "My wife’s Asus laptop screen started flickering 4 days before the warranty was up. This was the only stroke of luck in the whole scenario that follows. Checked the device..."
- "Have been contacting Mobstub for over 2 months sending in pictures again and again. Have not received the correct pair of earrings ordered. Ordered 3 pairs of earrings, white gold..."
- "...I noticed that the leather is peeling off from lots of places.I didn't even use the bag..."