On September 2nd, my family and I moved from San Jose to Virginia. I hired Trusted Van Lines (TVL) to do the move for me. On September 2nd, movers from TVL showed up and loaded all of our stuff into their truck. We were renting a large 3-bedroom house in San Jose and had quite a lot of stuff. That night, we took an overnight flight to Virginia.

On September 3rd, I got a call from Diana at Trusted Van Lines. She said something along the lines of "I've got some bad news for you. The moving truck containing your belongings has been stolen."

At first I thought she was joking. Moving trucks aren't supposed to get stolen. It was no joke. If you don't believe any of this really happened, then search google for "trusted van lines". There's an article in the Mercury News about what happened to us. It was also featured on NBC Bay Area news and the video is still up there on the NBC website.

I spent the next 24 hours in a state of complete shock that words can't describe. My brain just shut down and I wasn't able to function. That moving truck had everything my family owned in it. It was more than just things and property - it had our entire lives in it. Someone had stolen our lives from us.

As I came to understand how it happened, my sadness turned into anger. When the movers were done with the move, they drove the truck to TVL's facility on Junction Ave in San Jose and put the keys in some kind of overnight drop slot. The next day, the keys were gone from the office and nobody knows how they were taken.

TVL actually left our moving van, filled with tens of thousands of dollars of property, in an unguarded, unsecured area of their parking lot. The keys were thrown into an overnight dropslot that anyone could have fished them out of.

No surveillance system. No alarm system. No GPS tracking device. They made it very very easy for the truck to be stolen.

If you're reading this review, then before you use TVL or any other moving company, I want you to imagine what you would do if every possession you owned were stolen and never came back. Imagine coming home from work and finding your entire house empty, and left with nothing except the clothes on your back.

Figure out how you're going to rebuild your life from nothing. How are you going to explain to your kids that their bed, clothes, and toys are all gone? Are they going to understand, or are they too young to know what it means for their things to be stolen?

If I had it to do over again, I would not use a moving company. These companies don't care at all what happens to your things. They could care less if they get broken or stolen. They don't take even the most basic steps to protect your things. Many of their employees have criminal records, but we're supposed to trust them to safeguard our valuable possessions? Never, ever, EVER again will I trust a moving company. NEVER AGAIN.

Review about: Moving Service.

PRODUCT OR SERVICE Not specified
Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / $60000
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Trusted Van Lines?

Submit review

Comments

Mike

hey man, I am really sorry to hear about this, As mush as I would like to say "I could imagine what that would be like" I CANT, ITS BEEN DONE TO ME TOO.IT SUCKS A** !!!

IT happened to me at CARLYLE VAN LINES, so I know exactely how you feel.

I filed a claim with corporate, even though they are the ones that alerted me of the situation, I only got paid .63 cents per pound of the total weight of all my belongings.

RIP OFF !!!I did however do a much smaller move with United Van Lines, and everything was up to snuff.